Aftermarket 10rd 12 guage magazine

Yeah, yeah, hoist up another straw man, friend, because that one is all worn out.

I showed Nixon pictures of my 10-round Saiga and he thought it was neat. Since the SHOT show...I can report a dearth of black helicopters, no no-notice raids, and just generally business as usual here at Stately Wakal Manor.

Then again, I comply with the law as written, not as a self-appointed net-nanny thinks they should be written or might be interpreted. I asked the source...went right to the top of the heap, as it were...and posted references so you can do the same.

In the meantime, feel free to check out my 10-round Saiga-20 and my 10 (actually 11 ;) )-round compensated Saiga-12 here: http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/Guns.htm

I don't see any need to modify USAS-12 drums, because I (quite legally) own a USAS-12 and they work just fine in that weapons system :angel:

Alex

Edited by Wakal
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats nice. sell a 10 or higher cap mag with a saiga to your atf buddy and see what he does then. ;)

im starting to not really give two shits what you all do. i got one, do what you want. dont say i didnt tell ya. they didnt ban the USAS DURING the AWB. they did it BEFORE.

however, you have a sporting use for it. hey, that seems to be the law with guns nowadays (illegal if you ask me) so hey, maybe they wont ever make another DD again :)

get some mags in production for this shotgun and it WILL happen. but like i said, im tired of telling you guys. *I* can see who is looking at the website and when they do it, and what posts were just posted and blah blah blah blah. can YOU? how do you know whats going on? a buddy that overlooks yours says so? hate to be rude, but whats that got to do with anything.

Actually, I have ten ten-round (well, five ten-round and five 11-round) Saiga magazines. I can build more. Heck, send me two five rounders and I'll send a ten round magazine back for $50 :dollar:

That doesn't mean that I'm not "in" on the ten-round magazines that the originator of this very thread has been talking about...I'll take a case of them, by the way, just tell me where to send the money :super:

Don't believe me, fine. Give Chief Nixon a call. He RUNS THE FIREARMS TECH BRANCH OF THE BATFE; he is not some schmuckatelli field agent. He will set you straight. Grow a set and learn to talk on the phone, or just drop it already because, frankly, you have no idea what you are talking about. No big surprise there, as most cops and BATFE guys don't have a clue either. Which is why I went to the top of the food chain.

AlexTenRoundSaigaRulesWakal

Edited by Wakal
Actually, I have ten ten-round (well, five ten-round and five 11-round) Saiga magazines.  I can build more.  Heck, send me two five rounders and I'll send a ten round magazine back for $50  :dollar:

WAKAL..I might be in on that 2 -5 rder + $50 thing...Do you have a pic of what the finished 10er looks like??..

StarLynx@swbell.net

well, one of those gov't IP addresses was probably from me. :) I work for DoD, and I sometimes use the work computer to check the forums.

Many of those 70 gov't ppl checking the site probably are military. Y'know, they also like guns and stuff.

well, one of those gov't IP addresses was probably from me. :)  I work for DoD, and I sometimes use the work computer to check the forums.

Many of those 70 gov't ppl checking the site probably are military.  Y'know, they also like guns and stuff.

That would be me, I check out the site sometimes when the jets are up in the air.

I'm not like some people around here; I'm happy to share!

I've posted this before, but here is the quick recap. I take a magazine that is easy to load and hack off the bottom even with the end of the channel there at the end that the cartridge rim slides in. Remove the top metal from the second mag, and hack off the top where the...channel at the back that the rim slides in is parallel with the back of the mag. Adjust the angle with a big belt sander until the two mags meet evenly at a slight angle. Attach with Superglue and make sure that shotgun shells feed all the way up the new super-long magazine. If so, melt the edges together. Smooth, polish, and coat with automotive (plastic) bumper repair goop. Sand that smooth and paint (if desired). Alternate method: wrap joint in fiberglass. Cut the follower down to 3/4" front and back, 1/2" in the middle. Round off all edges. Use the standard 5-round spring (keep the other for a backup).

Just that easy. About three or four hours of dinking around.

Did I mention that I'd rather just buy a ten round magazine...or a case of 'em...?

Alex

holy shit you are my God!!!! that is so simple it hurts! and to think I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out a way to do that ,hell all I got is 2 -5rd but one 10rd would make me the shizznit until they import some or monkeys fly which every comes first :super: mmm 50bucks is a good price my dog is going to have to go without eating for a while and no beer for me!!

Ask the NRA why they accepted and backed the "sporting purpose" clause of the '68 GCA that allowed that blatent violation of the 2nd Amendment (and Miller v. US, if you want to get the Court into it) to occur in the first place. Then ask the NRA why they backed the "no more full-autos can be tax-stamped" clause of the '86 M/V. And ask the NRA why they backed (in its entirety) the NFA.

I keep asking them, but they don't answer. Neither did that oily-haired weasel Lapierre when I asked him to his deceitful face, either. Go figure.

And back on topic...Mongo want 10-round metal S12 magazines...but Mongo just pawn in game of guns...

Alex

Alex, are you saying the 5 rd spring will work with 10rds on it? Could you post a picture of what you said to do to the follower? Come on, you've seen me shoot & ro'd me, you know I'm a dork. It takes someone painting me a good picture before I can see it.

You gonna be at TSL again this year? Mark Miller

Fred has the Red Gun over at his house; hard to focus my crappy camera that far away, sorry.

Yes, the five round springs work just fine.

Come on down to the Texas State 3-Gun ( www.sanangelogunclub.org ) and see Saigas in action!

Alex

Alex, I would come to the 3gun but I have a little match to go to Sat up north a ways & I'm hoping to get ready for Space City next weekend. I've been having a little gun problem & I need to wring it out this weekend, just to be sure all is well. I'm hoping to get to the 3gun next year. Is the Saiga at your match gonna be an open gun or can I shoot it in limited? I don't wanta play in Open. What's the right term? Wussss? See ya, Mark

USPSA puts mag-fed guns directly into Open.

The argument I heard was the mags are "speed loaders" :ded: Wrong on so many fronts. Especially because of how long it takes me :cryss: If they saw my mag change times I think they might relent ....

BTW, I do agree that they do need a separate class. Hopefully one day there will be more mag fed shottys than conventional autos, but I have a feeling that it's not going to be anytime soon.

To steer my post back on topic, Motorman I sent you a PM yesterday about my interest in your mags.

OK... Now that this thread has nothing to do with what it was for in the first place, hence the brainless babbling bullshit that some people just cant stop themselves from poluting inoscent threads such as this one. Has anyone actualy heard from motocityman?. If he is still reading this thread, and somehow I doubt it... PLease pm me or e-mail me directly at frogzilla2323@comcast.net. Also, somewhere I read on this forum that someone was needing a mag bottom. Ill help ya out if you still need one. PM me as well.