Aftermarket 10rd 12 guage magazine

The only mistake i made was asking the lovers of this shotgun if they would be interested in what i was interested in making, i knew they would be because ever since i bought my first saiga 12 and paid my first 100plus dollars for an eight round mag i always dreamed persay of a cheaper source of higher cap mags...above five rounds, hell my 97 winchester has 5 rounds, i knew i'd buy it if someone built them, i should have just one day posted a thread on this forum as NEW 10RD MAG FOR SALE  and just went with that, i have many ideas for accesroies and such, never again will i ever open my fat mouth on what i'm going to do, everyone has their opinions and it doesnt bother me if they express them, but to tell me this and tell me that...just negatives and constant at that. I just figured i'd make an afordable mag for the people, weather the mag was 5,6,7,8 ten even 20 there would be negative opinions on why i shouldnt make them.. With that i said....I am making them =)~  next i'm gonna build a belt fed saiga 12 how about that!  Two hundred round belts and a tripod w. optional pintle socket for your duck boat spade grips and spot lights maybe a damn grenade launcher too who knows maybe a hand cranked mini gun in 12 guage the skys the limit, lol.... Take care all

You know i bet with some modifications... i could setup the belt fed shotgun on the system tripod kinda like the one that the offer at GatlingGuns.com for the 22... but instead of being on its side i could mount it upright on the tripod...

a shotgun gatlin gun.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only mistake i made was asking the lovers of this shotgun if they would be interested in what i was interested in making, i knew they would be because ever since i bought my first saiga 12 and paid my first 100plus dollars for an eight round mag i always dreamed persay of a cheaper source of higher cap mags...above five rounds, hell my 97 winchester has 5 rounds, i knew i'd buy it if someone built them, i should have just one day posted a thread on this forum as NEW 10RD MAG FOR SALE  and just went with that, i have many ideas for accesroies and such, never again will i ever open my fat mouth on what i'm going to do, everyone has their opinions and it doesnt bother me if they express them, but to tell me this and tell me that...just negatives and constant at that. I just figured i'd make an afordable mag for the people, weather the mag was 5,6,7,8 ten even 20 there would be negative opinions on why i shouldnt make them.. With that i said....I am making them =)~  next i'm gonna build a belt fed saiga 12 how about that!  Two hundred round belts and a tripod w. optional pintle socket for your duck boat spade grips and spot lights maybe a damn grenade launcher too who knows maybe a hand cranked mini gun in 12 guage the skys the limit, lol.... Take care all

Make the mags and damn the naysayers. Like I originally said in my first post, people will beat a path to your door, including the doom and gloomers. There are a lot of these shotguns out there, more than there ever were of the Striker and USAS which were too high dollar for most people.

Definately stamp them "Proudly Made in the USA" but have some fun too. You could do them in series and put on them some of the sayings that have already been suggested, kind of like that ketchup company has done on it's labels. Make them collectible. Personally I'd like to see;

"My gun makes Diane Fienstien cry"

"For those about to Rock, We salute You!"

"It's time to Wango the Tango!"

(which would go nicely with Cobra's, autographed by da man himself, AKS-12) :super:

Shep

hmmmm.... is there a chance of having the default "made in america"

and then underneath we could have personalized stamping for like $5+ bucks more

i mean i guess i could stamp mine after the fact.... but i would proudly give ya some xtra change for a nice saying.... granted i know there is some stuff you couldnt put on there... but ya know

MC, If you had an unlimited stock, how many do you think you would sell today at the originally guessed at price of between 25-50? How many have you "presold" here? :killer: I can't wait until you have them available!!!! Thanks again for all the effort. Just like every endeavor, there are always the people that are so negative. Maybe they have some legitimate concerns but I don't think any of them are working off factual info. It is all "somebody said", or "I heard" or whatever. Don't let the negative thinkers talk you out of doing this!

I just wish I was talented enough & had the connections to do what you are doing. I'm sure at some point the market could get flooded with enough 10rd mags but I bet sales would be in the 6 figures before it happened. MLM

I wouldn't mind a ten round magazine for the Saiga 12 if I could only get a Saiga 12. I just hope that Motorcity Man puts "Made in USA" or "USA" on every part of the magazine. Ten round magazines would be fun to shoot at the range.

I want to make Diane Feinswine and Hitlery Clinton cry by owning a Saiga 12. That goes for Schumer, Kennedy and all the other DemocRat Nazis who want to disarm us. I would like to see the 1968 GCA repealed since it was copied from the 1938 Nazi Gun Control Act.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

Die terrorist scum!!

cdnn had 20 left this week. sorry, might not see any more if someone sells a 10 rounder to the ATF. i dont care how you stamp it, they will ban it.

firearms act == illegal

talk to your senators and congressmen. all the gun laws are in fact, ILLEGAL. the only clout they ahve is within the game preservation community.

cdnn had 20 left this week. sorry, might not see any more if someone sells a 10 rounder to the ATF. i dont care how you stamp it, they will ban it.

firearms act == illegal

talk to your senators and congressmen. all the gun laws are in fact, ILLEGAL. the only clout they ahve is within the game preservation community.

CDNN has 20 left?

I thought they ran out 2 weeks ago, Infact I called this week and was told there are no more.

If you make them, thhey will sell......as related to "if you build it, they will come" from a baseball movie.

Seriously, make the mags, price them fairly allowing for 20-30 profit, and I will buy a dozen or so. I would expect to see more Saiga 12's ( and other caliber/gages) imported again as soon as the Louisville KY connection is up and running. We have way to much govt red tape/paperwork restricting legal commerce......oh I could rant...kdhibbs

firearms act == illegal

CDNN has 20 left?

I thought they ran out 2 weeks ago, Infact I called this week and was told there are no more.

I called Monday and was told the same thing :(

You know i bet with some modifications... i could setup the belt fed shotgun on the system tripod kinda like the one that the offer at GatlingGuns.com for the 22... but instead of being on its side i could mount it upright on the tripod...

a shotgun gatlin gun.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is the best looking design that I have seen.

20809Dcp_0005.jpg

20809MAK_Attack.jpg

20809Dcp_0001.jpg

Edited by Tiny

never seen those before..... f'ing sweet. yeah thats basically what i was thinkin

but didnt realize you could get saiga 12 drums

and i hadnt worked out in my mind the stock but thats about as A++++ as i could imagine

Aren't those 7.62s?

Yep it is two 7.62X39 MAK-90's that are being used on this setup.

Gummerfan Posted Today, 08:52 AM

Where is that Gatling set-up from? I've never seen that one before, just the one on gatlingguns.com (which isn't that impressive).

Where can I get more info on the set-up in the picture?

Somebody building those, or is it a one-off project?

It is a one-off made by a guy named FTF over at gunnet.

Heres a link:

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118175

Edited by Tiny

Looks like there's enough room on that rig to hang a small gell cell battery and an electric motor on the crank assembly, add a switch to the stock and your arm won't get sore after the first 100 rounds!

hand crank with electric power == not exactly legal, just to share.....

ill elaborate on that further:

you can have the hand crank made to accept a screw gun.

you can have the screw gun right there in your other hand.

you CANNOT have the screw gun connected to the crank.

this is because, when the screw gun is actually on the crank, you do not have to manipulate anything more than once. pull the screw guns' trigger, and hold it down. that is why it is illegal, but is legal to have the components. go figure that stupid technicality out.

Edited by Bvamp
actually i cant legally own a ten round mag for a semi auto shotgun in NY, so thats neither here nor there anyhow.

someone name me one shotgun that has a ten round mag in production for it or had one in production for it that is not a DD.

10 round semiauto shotgun

next.

Looks like this might be an option if the Saiga project doesn't work out. Although I have read some of the USA manufacturers are producing their tube fed pumps and semiautos so that an extension cannot be screwed on or affixed. Supposedly it is an LEO only thing. It would be interesting to have BATF's take on this 10 round tube fed semi auto also. Of course changing mags and loading tubes are not the same thing. You can drop and slap a mag in a few seconds. Loading up the Rem tube would take longer under normal circumstances. :smoke:

Wolverine

Actually when I posted a reply that said that I wanted a few of the mags, I thought it was US made cheaper 8 rounders. I didn't read forward enought to see the DRUM stuff. BVAMP and I have always been in agreement on this issue. The 1100 10 rd extension shown is apples to oranges. Also, I believe it will be LEO anyway.

Box-fed shotguns make the BATFE and the gun grabbers twitchy in the first place. That's why the PG issue during the AWB applied to box fed shottys only. Any dummy that has ever fired a shotgun knows that (1) they are extremely awesomely powerful firearms, and (2) a box mag is a big advantage over tube fed when it comes time to reload and sustain fire. Now that the AWB is gone--for now--shottys have PGs and the Saiga (as did the USAS) has a box mag. Put 10 rounds into a box mag fed shotty, and you have outfirepowered any police department in the country. They know this. We are law abiding citizens, but the grabbers really don't give a crap. They just know that the gun can do amazing things. They will DD it if greedy, and immature, people don't stop pushing the envelope, and poking the bear.

My Saiga with 8 rounders is lightyears ahead of the tube ferd guys in 3 gun or tacical shotty. That's good enough for me. I can change mags fast enough to keep me happy without going over a number of rounds that we have seen produce a DD over and over. BVAMP is right. If you make a US made cheaper mag with the same, or better, reinforced plastic and metal inserts...I'll take ten. But if you want to push drums...keep it to yourself so my kids and maybe their kids can know the fun of something like the Saiga 12..

Edited by inparidel

a little info to share with you all. I had posted something right when there was a major media incident involving guns and whatever. not going into that, but I would like to point out that my access as moderator allows me to see somet hings that you all cannot. anyway, if you look at the "most users online at once" you will see 70 something people at once. that was a government agency mirroring the website, within minutes of my posting. I had intentionally dropped certain keywords, and well, i just wanted to say that as has been previously noted, all electronic media is monitored for whatever reason by a number of agencies.

like inparidel said above.....DONT POKE THE BEAR! IT BITES!

(where did that article go on the hippie bear guy that got eaten by his wild pet, mr chocolate)

we all know the internet was made as a weapon of war, so lets not josh ourselves into thinking that it was released to the public for no reason. can anyone else think of a better way of gathering intelligence? i cant....

just to remind you guys. DO NOT POST pictures of any of your big mags in a saiga firearm in THIS forum. thats all I ask. lets let more in country before we go and get them banned! I just wanted to share that, and the fact that as gun owners and people that believe in our right to bear arms uninfringed, that we should be PROPOGATING these fine shotguns into the mainstream gun circles, not looking for reasons to give uncle sam to strip even more of our rights away illegally......

That's why the PG issue during the AWB applied to box fed shottys only. 

Not correct; it applied to semi-auto shotguns only, that could accept more than 5 rounds "in a fixed or detachable magazine". So a Benelli M1S90 or Remington 11-87 with a pistol grip and extended mag tube would've been just as illegal as a pistol-gripped Saiga-12.

Fortunately, it's a moot point now because the AWB is :ded:

BVamp, buddy, old pal...get a grip.

just to remind you guys. DO NOT POST pictures of any of your big mags in a saiga firearm in THIS forum

At this year's SHOT show (yes, I am an industry professional, that and ten bucks will get me a cup of fo-fo coffee at Starblechs), I went to the BATFE booth. I hunted down Sterling Nixon, Chief, Firearms Techology Branch, and asked him point-blank (in front of my lawyer):

"What is the legal magazine capacity of a Saiga magazine-fed shotgun?"

He told me, also point-blank, that as long as the American-made parts count guidance was followed, "...you can have as big a magazine...ten rounds, a hundred, belt-fed if you like" and it would be perfectly OK.

Sometimes you have to go into the belly of the beast. But, BVamp, as Maggie once said: "...don't go all wobbly on us now."

Please.

Alex

Ref:

Sterling Nixon

Cheif, Firearms Technology Branch

Department of Justice, Beueau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

244 Neddy Road

Martinsburg WV 25401

(304) 260-1700

(304) 260-1701 (fax)

Give him a call, if you like. He likes to tell his side of the shoestring machine gun story ;)

AW