Whats new at the shot show ?

I saw a couple new drums from Promag for the S12. One was a 20 rounder that looked very similar to MDArms' drum and another was a 12 rounder. Dealer pricing was suprisingly inexpensive. The 20 rounder had a thumb latch to bring the follower down a bit to aid in loading. Rear cover was clear on both drums.

Jake

My S-12 10rd promags work now after fixing, my 30rd ak-74 promags work after fitting them, my 8rd 1911 mag doesn't hold the slide back or drop free, BUT my 40rd 1911 drum 400rds and counting and has been flawless. So when I can get one I will at least try one and will go from there. Still think MDarms drums are the best hands down.

post-21226-1264402087453_thumb.jpg

I had a good conversation with Mr Smith of Pro-Mag.

He owns a 12 inch conversion, and was pretty pissed when the complaints stated rolling in about the mags not fitting current production guns.

I can only think of my old Drill Sgt when I think of the conversation with his engineer.."What do you mean these 10,000 mags only fit my gun"

They got caught in the Izhmash lack of QC last year too.

I had a good conversation with Mr Smith of Pro-Mag.

He owns a 12 inch conversion, and was pretty pissed when the complaints stated rolling in about the mags not fitting current production guns.

I can only think of my old Drill Sgt when I think of the conversation with his engineer.."What do you mean these 10,000 mags only fit my gun"

They got caught in the Izhmash lack of QC last year too.

I would be more pissed about the "what do you mean the inside diamiter is smaller than a 12 ga shotshell!?! Who is doing OUR QC!?"

Does Promag make anything worth a crap? I am on the AR15 forum all the time and crappy Promag magazines are a always a hot button topic.

Their consistent lack of quality leads me to believe that it's not so much shoddy workmanship, as a deliberate scam. And they stay in business because people say to themselves "Well, maybe it will work for me (since it reportedly works well for some others), and it is cheaper/easier/has a larger capacity..." And that's what they're counting on.

Who is that "NutnFancy" guy?

He reviews a lot of guns, gear, knives, etc on YouTube. He has hundreds of videos up and they are quite good.

That guy has TONS of great info vids. He is, right now, under a full frontal vid attack by the biggest bunch of jackass, weenie, whineie, dip-dunk, prattling girly-girl armchair elitists that I've ever seen. A bunch of in-the-basement, one hand on the keyboard and the other on....well, I'll leave it at that, inbread mama give me $20 for Pizze Hut limp wristed, no nothing weebles. The guy ain't perfect, just like everyone of us. But, Frack me, he's helped me immeasurably and his videos are Sweet!! and very detailed with many talking points.

He has a whole series on Shot Show 2010

Edited by Dirt Diver