Ok for a time I was a heavy gun team leader and spent allot of time with M2's enough to where its my all time favorite belt fed machine gun I have ever had the pleasur eof shooting. Well last night I was watching the new Rambo and loved all the gun time and the end scene where he was behind the good old Ma'duece. Anyone got any other kick butt scenes with a 50 cal causing death and destruction? :killer:

I would say the scene in the Miami Vice movie. This guy was firing a semi auto .50 cal into a car of bad guys and body parts were flying everywhere. There was a camera angle from inside the car in the backseat. It's like you were sitting there watching it happen in Slo-mo. I will see if I can find a clip.

Not a movie, but I always thought this pic of the old mans tank column in WW2 was pretty cool. As far as movies, go way back and Clint Eastwood was in a flick called Thunderbolt and Lightfoot that he used a 20mm cannon (I know, not a 50) to blow a hole in vault...that was pretty cool.

post-1866-12644553020086_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm

... Negative Ghost Rider, while the gun is really a M2HB its supposed to be something else "non US "

http://www.imfdb.org...itle=The_Jackal

Still I liked the remote servo operated aspects of it! It would be pretty need to be able to work your own sniper report, remotely!

How about The Jackal? I think that's a 50 that he's testing on Jack Black.

And +1 on The Hurt Locker. Good movie

Negative Ghost Rider, while the gun is really a M2HB its supposed to be something else "non US "

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=The_Jackal

Ahhh, oh well. Still a bad ass scene. :D

Edited by thehopping1

I like the scene from Smokin' Aces where she is lighting people up from across the way and everyone is all pissed because they don't know where the shits coming from.

or the one in the Matrix from the helicopter. may be a 7.62 though. hard to tell.

I know this is a 50, and another bad ass movie too.

*media*

that doesn't look like a .50 at all, bore diameter is too small and so is barrel length and size....maybe .308?

Marky Mark uses a what looks like a M24 (.308) for the vast majority of that scene, then finally switches to a Barrett .50 in the last ~15 sec or so. That's right, he packs a M24 and a M107! Silly Hollywood. :rolleyes:

As for whether or not it's a good movie.. I dunno. It was alright, but pretty forgettable. Also, it's tough for me to take Mark too seriously, as I still remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HlnfJzI5Vc&feature=related

:lolol:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

As for whether or not it's a good movie.. I dunno. It was alright, but pretty forgettable. Also, it's tough for me to take Mark too seriously, as I still remember this:

:lolol:

i had fortunately forgot about that until now. thanks. :killer::lolol::lolol:

and on the burt gummer tribute, at approx 5:40. one of the people crawling away from the falling debris bumps a "cinder block" that flips over and moves about a foot. Its funny when they miss errors like that before releasing a movie. I was watching the Martin Lawrence show Black Knight last night. One scene during an escape after the attempted execution of ML's character, two guys throw a punch at another. They used the wrong angle for the film. It is obvious they miss their punches by over a foot each.

Edited by GregM1

Water World, with Kevin Kostner

The Quad 50!!

The four-machine gun chassis in the atoll assault scene is called a Maxon Mount. It is comprised of four .50 caliber Browning machine guns and was used as an anti-aircraft battery during World War II. It also came in a two gun mount which was used upto & in the Vietnam War as a Point Defense Weapon.

I posted before that when I filmed as an extra in "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson, on set (in Charleston) David Rand and I were talking about the Pedersoli Muskets, and he mentioned that when he was the armorer for "Water World" the .50 Cal was a lot of work to get it running and keep it shooting--but it was a blast! He was helping the armorer clear the primer pan holes that were clogging with the special power being used, but for "The Patriot" he was working digital effects.

Ken Crawley