Bullet Guide and J.B. Weld!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys check out this sweet new tactical home defense shotgun. It has the all new, top of the line, military grade D.U.C.T. mounting system which attaches everything from bayonets, to flashlights, t

how long has your BG been JB'd on, Semper?   Im thinking about JB'ing my BG on too... all the numbers i have seen regarding its performance seem to put it well within the operational tolerances for

Posted Images

nonono.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

LOL I know, but I'm giving up. If this seems like a good idea to you, I'm not even sure where to start.

Man, I sure hope the emoticons I put here don't look like I agree with the JB weld idea. I sure hope you are agreeing with me that this is a dumb idea.

JB Weld the BG in place, use it for a drill guide, drill & tap the trunnion, and then use the screw too. Belt and suspenders. Why bother using a nut for a drill guide if the BG can serve the same purpose?

If it ever starts to loosen, just tighten the screw.

That works too.

Well as a well known member of this forum put it best.....Thanks Stansplace! No offense to anyone I am just standing my ground. I will let everyone know how it goes, and thank you all for making my initiation into this forum a great one. I am looking forward to many more debates with everyone here. It is nice to meet a group of people who are like me and are willing to stand their ground and voice their opinion, let the sheep gather elsewhere!!...lol

post-24074-12706036669921_thumb.jpg

Well as a well known member of this forum put it best.....Thanks Stansplace! No offense to anyone I am just standing my ground. I will let everyone know how it goes, and thank you all for making my initiation into this forum a great one. I am looking forward to many more debates with everyone here. It is nice to meet a group of people who are like me and are willing to stand their ground and voice their opinion, let the sheep gather elsewhere!!...lol

post-24074-12706036669921_thumb.jpg

Yep, that is pretty much my opinion too. I love it! I also like it when a man walks his own path, even if he is wrong.021.gif I have been there and done that. Good luck.

I for one was by no means trying to rip on ya for it... Just sharing the best knowledge I have to share...Because I want your gun to be the best gun for you...

I for one was by no means trying to rip on ya for it... Just sharing the best knowledge I have to share...Because I want your gun to be the best gun for you...

Nope I did not think you were trying to rip on me one bit, if I was not ready for the good, the bad, and the ugly I would not have posted my question. I took all of the answers weighed them out did my research and made my decision. No problems or worries here at all, that is why I thanked everyone for their input.

You can always add the screw later if you want JB wont prevent that may even help.

We all have things we are particular about, mines cleaning so I buy rifles that really don't depend on being clean to function and even the gas piston looks new. Think uncle sam gave me that bit of OCB but now I can clean an AK in twice in a few minutes right there at the range, once with Windex to remove the salts then a normal cleaning. The AR guys get real curious as I still run into people who just never saw an AK up close.

I'm looking forward to hearing your results. Good on you for testing this out, I'm hoping you go through a lot of rounds for your experiment with success.

With that being said, I would not reach for a rifle with JBW when things go bump in the night.

:rolleyes: Dang guys hes not going to put the whole rifle together with it just a bullet guide that might possibly be held in place with bubble gum.

Oh shit bubble gum I never even thought of that!! Forget threading the barrel (found out today mine is not threaded) I will chew a bunch of Hubba bubba and then jam it into the muzzlebreak and jam it on the end I figure the first round will clear out any residual gum still in the barrel...Rhodes thanks for the tip you are the man!! LOL :lolol:

I'm looking forward to hearing your results. Good on you for testing this out, I'm hoping you go through a lot of rounds for your experiment with success.

With that being said, I would not reach for a rifle with JBW when things go bump in the night.

When things go bump in the night I get my Smith & Wesson M&P .40, I keep Nytrilium air freedom rounds in it due to the fact that I live in an apartment and have a bunch of kids I cannot afford to penetrate walls around here. :killer:

:rolleyes: Dang guys hes not going to put the whole rifle together with it just a bullet guide that might possibly be held in place with bubble gum.

Oh shit bubble gum I never even thought of that!! Forget threading the barrel (found out today mine is not threaded) I will chew a bunch of Hubba bubba and then jam it into the muzzlebreak and jam it on the end I figure the first round will clear out any residual gum still in the barrel...Rhodes thanks for the tip you are the man!! LOL :lolol:

Remember, use the Red Hubba bubba for permanent, blue or green for temporary bond...

Remember, use the Red Hubba bubba for permanent, blue or green for temporary bond...

And don't forget that low viscosity Green Hubba Bubba will penetrate into existing assembled threads. So if you want, you can smear it all over your rifle.

Edited by denden

haha.gifhaha.gif

I recommend against JB alone, but I highly recommend using it with a screw sorta like super loctite, it'll prevent the guide from vibrating around at all and will lock up the threads better than loctite.

Yes. JB Weld. Who needs steel. Why not save a few bucks and fashion the entire gun from JB Weld?

Seems like a good idea.

I'll bet the Mythbusters could do a show on this idea (they already built a cannon out of duct tape).

Better idea, just make the Bullet Guide from JB Weld....duh.

Who needs a bullet guide just a glob of JB will do....

Actually this was tried last year and as far as I know the rifle is still operational.

You know we could just make the entire rifle out of pure milled titanium since it would be much stronger than that flimsy stamped steel some yahoos use.

I purchased the bullet guide from Carolina Shooters Supply. No directions came with the drill and tap set, but I used the PDF file off Dinzags site and got a good idea of how its done. Took less than 20 minutes. (I went real slow when I was grinding down the magazine latch. I got about 5 different AK magazine make and models to ensure a good fit on each.

No pics yet. But the result was great. I'm doing the same to my S.223.

You know we could just make the entire rifle out of pure milled titanium since it would be much stronger than that flimsy stamped steel some yahoos use.

Or you could just make the whole rifle out of JB Weld.

EDIT: Doh! Libertarian beat me to it!

Edited by BobAsh

Actually this was tried last year and as far as I know the rifle is still operational.

I'm pretty sure the guy that was doing it never fired the rifle before installing a real BG. I think the thread is in either the "tech section" or the "conversion section", if you wanted to search for it. (i think we're talking about the same fella)

I'm pretty sure the guy that was doing it never fired the rifle before installing a real BG. I think the thread is in either the "tech section" or the "conversion section", if you wanted to search for it. (i think we're talking about the same fella)

Im not real sure only that this argument always ends in a complete mess.

There are technical requirements for this part and those are the facts. Then there is convention and that is bias formed on certain views based on fact and opinions or what Minnie Mouse is wearing. Some see substances like JBW as glue others see it as a composite of certain specifications. Same substance, same requirements, different views.

It was not very long ago nothing that wasn't wood or metal ever came near a rifle. That of course changed as now even barrels, very good and expensive barrels, are being made of composites. Perhaps some of us like tweaking the nose of convention while others feel threatened by it.

Above all I think shooting stuff is fun and forum wit not nearly as much fun. It is a real pretty day so Im going shooting.