Anyone tried the Enidine Hydraulic Recoil Buffer Tube?

I have bought a Mesa Tactical - Enidine hydraulic recoil buffer Tube (THIS IS IT) to attach a Magpul CTR stock.

As I live in Argentina, I didn´t have the chance to try it first to check if it works as advertised (reducing 70% the recoil)

Does anyone try that combiation?

Does it work?.

Thanks in advance.

Alberto Hart

Shooting IPSC since 1988.

I'm working on a gun with a tube based shock absorbing recoil reduction system at present.

So far it appears with the stock gas system and receiver set up, the recoil shock absorbing system counteracts the physics of the the gas piston system.

Shooting lower power loads without having the stock braced against the shoulder can and will lead to FTE's. These problems are often exaggerated in a converted gun because the operational dynamics of the gun change when the FCG is changed and the trigger platform is moved forward.

One of the guns I am currently working with would not reliably cycle lower powered loads for the owner with the recoil reduction system. I believe this will not be an issue with modifications to bolt carrier, bolt, receiver internals, and gas system, but will need to test fire the gun to confirm this.

Every gun is an individual system, and to function optimally, all of the components should be in balance. Anytime one thing is changed or altered, you can almost bet that it will affect something else.

I will PM you with my findings.

Buena suerte, Amigo!

I have been thinking of getting an Endine as well and would also like to know the results.

Both my Saiga 12's have them with no issues.

Compared to a Knoxx Stock on an 870, the Enidine wins hands down for recoil abatement.

I was reluctant at first too, but I finally got one and slugs and buckshot feel like low brass Federal from Walmart!

Note: Use a Mil Spec stock; otherwise the Commercial stock will be very loose.

Thank you WaffenSchmied and BuffetDestroyer for sharing your experience.

My parts are on their way to me, so in about a week I will receive them.

I´m very familiar with shotguns, as I shoot IPSC for over 22 years. Most of the time with a Benelli, and recently with a Franchi SPAS 15 (I know you can´t own it in the US, isn´t it?).

Spas1.jpg

Spas2.jpg

But three weeks ago I went to Chile to buy the Saiga (the first one at my country), after seven months to get the paperwork done.

I´m very impressed with it, as cycles even with 24 grams shells.

My gunsmith is preparing a .50 BMG Barrett style compensator, with a poly choke one the front.

So as soon as I get it done, I will post some pics and will let you know if the hydraulic buffer worked, or not.

Thanks again for your help.

Alberto Hart

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I have the Enidine on my Saiga-12. I've never had a misfire with slugs, buckshot, or birdshot. The recoil is substantially less--it really works well. The only downside that I've experienced is increased trigger slap as the tube spring returns.

hey alberto...your setup sounds cool, i look forward to seeing thoes pics.

How does the hydraulic style tube compare to the mercury filled tubes for felt recoil reduction? Anyone know or ever had a chance to compare the two?

Edited by GuyFoX

Range test today. The Endine tube is fine with high brass, but hardly worthwhile with ammo like Federal bulk pack.

Recoil reduction can be an issue with high brass ammo and this is where the Endine system shines, however with a low base bulk load it is hardly necessary. Further, the gas piston recoil shock absorber in the stock counteracts the gas piston working at the business end of the gun, and (to an extent) neutralizes the rearward action of the gas driven bolt carrier. This can result in frequent FTE's with low base ammo.

The gas system can be biased to overcome this issue, however once this has been done - you will need to use this system exclusively for both low and high brass loads. If the stock is changed (recoil buffer removed), the gas system may need modification so that no damage to the gun or gun owner occurs.

I have found the exact same results as Lonestar using the Mako recoil reducing stock. There are much better ways to reduce recoil other than the Mako stock system that will jam your gun with normal low brass shells.

The gas system can be biased to overcome this issue, however once this has been done - you will need to use this system exclusively for both low and high brass loads.

Thanks to both of you.

WaffenSchmied: But for what you say, there would be a solution by changing the gas set up. Isn´t it?.

CarolinaSS: It is a pity that you don´t sell anything overseas. Even when it is not a main gun part.

• 2 weeks later...

The gas system can be modified. I do this type of work, but it goes beyond just the gas system, and I would not recommend under any circumstances that a non-professional attempt the modification.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I had an IPSC match. And even when I haven´t finished the shotgun, I went with it to try the Enidine buffer and the AR stock.

It worked perfect !!!.

I shot the match with Fiocchi shells with 32 grams 7½ birdshot, with no jams at all.

After the match, I have with 1 Oz one and 24 grams. And worked properly with all of them.

The entire match were 120 rounds, and I had no bruises in my shoulder (that means the buffer worked fine).

This is a picture while shooting. See that my face and stock are in focus, but the shotgun, doesn´t.

post-3461-12746366297422_thumb.jpg

Please post pics of gun with Edine and CTR stock... This product says it replaces the buffer tube? How can it without an ak adapter at the receiver end?

Chowder,

The Enidines are made for weapons utilizing AR buffer tubes. For them to work on an AK platform, one would need to A) cut the rear tang and either weld a plate or use an internal stock adapter along with the pignose adapter. Also, Ace makes a folding adapter that comes designed to accept AR buffer tubes. Or B, find one of those adapters that extend the rear of your receiver and allows you to thread a buffer tube in it without having to cut the receiver tang. IMO though, this is not the best option, as it looks retarded and extends your length of pull by about 1 1/2-2". Not very efficient for a collapsible stock.

Edited by sapper1371usmc

Please post pics of gun with Edine and CTR stock...

This is a previous picture I had.

The stock adaptor is a R&R Targets, then comes the Enidine buffer.

In this picture the stock is the original of a Colt M16. It was before receiving Magpul one.

Just one advice: If you are going to buy all at once, remember that the Enidine tube only comes in Mil Spec diameter. So be sure to buy the Mil Spec stock, too.

This stock adaptor requires to cut the rear tang extension. And it attachs to the receiver with three screws.

post-3461-12747210933211_thumb.jpg

Interesting to see the various results. I have two Saigas, one 19" barrel and one a registered SBS with a 14" barrel. Both have an improved gas knob and polished bolts/FCG. The 19" will run with the endine and Remington Heavy Dove loads. The SBS is more fussy and will not run with the dove load but had no problem with Rem slugs.

I'm thinking about going back to a standard buffer tube on the SBS so that it can use birdshot.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i just picked my s12 last week and have been looking for stock options when i do the conversion. I almost put one of these on my old 870 and never did. Does anyone have any other pictures of this setup? Thank you for your help.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i just picked my s12 last week and have been looking for stock options when i do the conversion. I almost put one of these on my old 870 and never did. Does anyone have any other pictures of this setup? Thank you for your help.

I actually just converted my Saiga last week and installed the Shot Stock on mine. Works like a dream. I'll try to get some pics up once I get home tonight.

I had this on my gun for awhile. I wanted it so my dad could shoot it with his back problems. The shock worked great. Could shoot for hours and feel nothing but a soft push. Unfortunately it still hurt my dad's back but even his AK74 does and that gun is pretty tame. I still have it and put it on for some folks but my Magpul UBR gets that spot full time. The UBR is super sweet but pretty heavy ).

post-25742-0-23121400-1295427781_thumb.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Hey SpaceGhost, could you elaborate on your setup a little more? I'm curious because I plan on using the Enidine on my setup which is shortened to 18.2" including brake and probably an MD Arms V-plug. I'd definitely like to be able to shoot low brass as well as high powered loads, am I missing anything?

Edited by s12fan