The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

Some one might have already mentioned it, but Cabelas is running the $5 shipping again on orders $150 or more. That makes a pretty good deal on the Herters with a plastic storage box if you get 500. Its about 206 +the 5 shipping for 1000 rounds. Not bad.

• Like 2
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Cabela's has 640 rounds of Herters in tins on sale for $159.99. Or a box of Herter's on sale for $4.19, but I find that to be eh. They Tula .223 is back down to $3.99, but still no sign of the $3.79 7.62x39 =[

I'm beginning to think they won't be selling the x39 Tula anymore.

• Like 2

SportsmansGuide has FREE Shipping thru 7/25.... Coupon Code... SH425 for orders over $99... That and the $10 Off Code.. SG1381.. And things just got CHEAP for the Wolf MC 124gr HP... $117 - $10 and free shipping.. $107 Shipped for 500..

Wish I had $100 :cryss:

:beer: to you all... have at it.

Albert

• Like 2

SportsmansGuide has FREE Shipping thru 7/25.... Coupon Code... SH425 for orders over $99... That and the $10 Off Code.. SG1381.. And things just got CHEAP for the Wolf MC 124gr HP... $117 - $10 and free shipping.. $107 Shipped for 500..

Wish I had $100 :cryss:

:beer: to you all... have at it.

Albert

I could not get the coupons to stack.

• Like 2

I just got an email from Atlantic Firearms. 1120 rounds on stripper clips in the original lead lined wooden crate for storage, 1970-80 Yugo ammo, brass cased, Berdan primed. $249, free shipping. That makes it 22.23 cents a round

I'd be all over that if I had a SKS.

• Like 2

hey atlantic is a sponser. we can link it!!

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct887.aspx

Not bad, but that's a little over $0.23/rnd for corrosive ammo. I'd rather buy non-corrosive Wolf HP from AIM for ~$0.23.8/rnd or Barnaul FMJ/HP from Ammotogo for ~$0.24.6/rnd.

ymmv.

i would agree, it is a little higher than i wish to pay for corrosive also, but if this ammo is as good as the Yugo 7.62x54r, then it will be well worth it. I love that ammo in my M44. It fires so smooth and repeats accuracy. It also cleans out pretty easy with water followed by hoppes copper solvent. I am not sure if copper solvent will affect chrome though.

• Like 1

hey atlantic is a sponser. we can link it!!

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct887.aspx

Not bad, but that's a little over $0.23/rnd for corrosive ammo. I'd rather buy non-corrosive Wolf HP from AIM for ~$0.23.8/rnd or Barnaul FMJ/HP from Ammotogo for ~$0.24.6/rnd.

ymmv.

i would agree, it is a little higher than i wish to pay for corrosive also, but if this ammo is as good as the Yugo 7.62x54r, then it will be well worth it. I love that ammo in my M44. It fires so smooth and repeats accuracy. It also cleans out pretty easy with water followed by hoppes copper solvent. I am not sure if copper solvent will affect chrome though.

Well you are paying a bit to have the ammo on stripper clips so its about $10 more and 100 rounds less than loose boxed. Some prefer it on strips (SKS) some dont.

Its every bit as good as the 54R coming out of Yugo. It seems they decided to one up the ruskies with their own rifles making the barrels thicker and rounds hotter. I get about the same accuracy as any mid-priced American brass and yes its very repeatable so quality control was pretty good. People are really quibbling over fractions of a cent to a couple of pennys a round if your finances are that close you should be shooting 22LR exclusively. When this stuff is finally gone a bunch of us will miss it.

x39 prices are fairly stable now so doubt much will improve to any great degree.

BTW mil-surp corrosive ammo will make you sterile and causes brain cancer so stay far far away from it until we use it all up.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 2

JGsales had the wolf now on sale for 209 x1k or 199 x2k

I ordered some last week, then found this thread today. Wish I'd read first and ordered second!

Okay, I spoke to Paul at J&G and ordered 2K Wolf Military Classic hollowpoint, hope it's the 124 grain stuff Evan Marshall reviewed briefly but approvingly for self defense in the Yugo SKS. I'm betting the shorter barrels will approach the same performance. Delivered? $450. I just did it, having looked for that load for about six months without success. Then, today, I read all eleven pages of Bigsal's favorite thread, and there are lots of places that sell it!

Also discovered too late that the Yugo surplus FMJ I dumped last year was better to have than some of the noncorrosive stuff I've replaced it with. Too late, too late...

I like Ammoman because I know right off that shipping is included in his prices, but he hasn't had the Wolf Military Classic for a long time now, and I got antsy.

• Like 2

I am here in dallas for the weekend and just got in from Cabelas. Tula white box was 7.62x39 was 3.79/box and .223 was 3.99/box. There was a lot in stock too.

They have it in the store but not on the website?!!!!!!!! What?!!! </3

The nearest store is on the way up to Austin, and I never go up I-35 to Austin :cryss:

• Like 2

Graf's has Wolf MC 124gr FMJ for $4.79/box or $0.2395/rnd... with there $4.95 shipping.. this can get cheap..

They also have 123gr FMJ Yugo looking Mil-Surp for $3.39/box of 15 or $0.226/rnd..

I went with Wolf MCas I hate pulling apart my rifle to clean it.. :lolol: I also grabbed some more Tula Ammo 308 for $8.59/box $0.43/rnd.

Albert

• Like 2

Greg, if you are in Dallas, did you go to the gun show in Frisco this weekend? I was there today and the AK47 in all variants was well represented, with even three vendors selling AK47 pistols. I saw some Yugo, some Maadi, and of course lots of WASR. Saigas were there including one Arsenal converted Saiga, for about $550 I think. As for ammo, I saw 500 rounds of Wolf FMJ for $110, out the door. Golden Dragon FMJ was $120 out the door. Brown Bear was $6 for a 20 round box, much too expensive. I saw some spam cans of 640 rounds for $145 but did not ask who it was, but it was labeled non corrosive. I almost got the Wolf but decided I had enough to last me for a few more months and to spend my money on some Glock upgrades and a few other "had to haves".

Edited by Tarheel72
  • Like 2

Greg, if you are in Dallas, did you go to the gun show in Frisco this weekend? I was there today and the AK47 in all variants was well represented, with even three vendors selling AK47 pistols. I saw some Yugo, some Maadi, and of course lots of WASR. Saigas were there including one Arsenal converted Saiga, for about $550 I think. As for ammo, I saw 500 rounds of Wolf FMJ for $110, out the door. Golden Dragon FMJ was $120 out the door. Brown Bear was $6 for a 20 round box, much too expensive. I saw some spam cans of 640 rounds for $145 but did not ask who it was, but it was labeled non corrosive. I almost got the Wolf but decided I had enough to last me for a few more months and to spend my money on some Glock upgrades and a few other "had to haves".

If I would have known beforehand, I would have definitely gone. The Cabelas trip was fun though.

Vai, you may wish to call the one in Austin before driving there. They didnt have much the Tula 7.62 out, but they had lots of the Tula .223

• Like 1

They didnt have much the Tula 7.62 out, but they had lots of the Tula .223

Greg, check the head stamps on the ammo. The 7.62 that I bought at Cabelas is Uly. That's even what it says on the white box. The .233 ammo that I bought said Tula on the box, but it also had the Uly head stamp on the cartridges. I'm guessing the head stamp trumps the box info.

• Like 2

Okay, the stuff I ordered from Paul at J&G came today.

It's the Wolf black box stuff, NOT Military Classic.

It's going back tomorrow. J&G say they can't recall anyone specifically ordering the MC stuff.

They did say that they treat all Wolf 7.62X39 hollowpoint with the same stock number, even though they know it comes from two different manufacturers in two different weights, and send whatever is in stock. Different weights? They laugh and opine that "weight" is not necessarily something which has been measured when it comes to Russian ammo.

• Like 2

fflincher... that sucks.. Wolf BB ain't bad.. but you wanted Wolf MC 124gr HP's... which from what I hear is a little bit cleaner also.

Figure $420 shipped for 2000 rounds (of $99/500) for that stuff though..

Do they take returns on ammo ???.. most places don't..

For me 2000 rounds is FARRRR away..

I do 300-500 rounds these days.. and then just re-order if it works out to be what I wanted..

Al

• Like 2

They didnt have much the Tula 7.62 out, but they had lots of the Tula .223

Greg, check the head stamps on the ammo. The 7.62 that I bought at Cabelas is Uly. That's even what it says on the white box. The .233 ammo that I bought said Tula on the box, but it also had the Uly head stamp on the cartridges. I'm guessing the head stamp trumps the box info.

The 223, like the 7.62 has the ULY stamp also.

fflincher don't know if you are interested but ammoman has some Wolf MC SP on his page.

• Like 1

27 cents a round is pretty steep right now, to me. I think the only way to go is to buy in bulk and get sub 25 cents, with shipping. Or go to a gun show and get it a few cents less than that.

It was 140 rounds.. 7 boxes of 20. It looked like the best price to me.. where was a better price for that low of quantity? The box was 3.98.

• Like 1