I got this idea from another board and it got me thinking just where is the line between prepared for contingencies and outright mall ninja/wannabe. This could be for joking around e.g "Your rails have rails." to slightly more serious "BDU's and thigh holsters at the range; all the time, every time". You are a million times more likely to buy anything in which the ad uses the terms "tactical", "sandbox", "operator", or reefers to some Mil-Spec certification. I could go on and on... So share your thoughts... Don't hold back. This should be fun :smoke:

post-18302-12746434002109_thumb.jpg

post-18302-12746434126373_thumb.jpg

post-18302-12746434325207_thumb.jpg

post-18302-12746435743194_thumb.gif

Edited by 690gr

I recently found body armor (vests, plates, Helmets) on Ebay for pretty cheap. I keep asking myself if having it in the garage for a rainy day is "preparedness" or mall ninja? I think these face masks are "TOO" tacticool.

-EnzNow

post-18211-12746444782497_thumb.jpg

Edited by EnzNow

I recently found body armor (vests, plates, Helmets) on Ebay for pretty cheap. I keep asking myself if having it in the garage for a rainy day is "preparedness" or mall ninja? I think these face masks are "TOO" tacticool.

-EnzNow

I saw BP Vest on Ebay as well. I am new to the community, the AK platform and all but this is how I see it. You never know what could possibly happen. Sure shit has been good for us in the US for the most part for a long time but shit is hitting the fan in many way right now. We are basically one natural disaster away fro, SHTF in many states. If the big one hits So Cal, you really think the Fema is going to be able to help when all the freeways are blocked? Spending that $80-$100 on a BP Vest is better then spending $100 on life insurance since you wont be spending that money when you are dead. Much like a pistol, you dont buy it to use it on someone, you buy it and hope you never have to use it but when the time comes you will be glad you have it. I think the same thing goes with having a BP Vest.

I remember the Rodney King Riots in So Cal, I was the only white person in my little portion of San Bernardino. I remember the shit going on and I was glad I had my dads .45 on me at the time. Was also glad I didnt have to use it but I know several people who had to protect their property because of it and this was a small riot. Imagine what could... would happen during a real emergency. What happens if you live in a small town like I do now? I currently live about 85 miles outside of Kansas City and I will tell you what, if something big happens out here, tornado, flood, earthquakes (

) and whatever else I know that KC will be getting the help, not my little town of 9,000. Best to be prepared than to be sorry I say.

Just my 2 cents

Whoa... Didn't have too go to far for this one:

post-20073-12746678458451_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Alaska... I just HAD to. I actually think EVERYTHING about this S-12 rocks, with the exception of the brake... and this mag. I understand the brake is functional, and works for competetion... Just looks a little... You know.

:angel:

:ph34r:

:super:

Edited by bohound

Welcome to the forum, Alaska... I just HAD to. I actually think EVERYTHING about this S-12 rocks, with the exception of the brake... and this mag. I understand the brake is functional, and works for competetion... Just looks a little... You know.

Too buku! Too buku!!

Edited by Paulyski

How bout the Ka Bar pistol bayonet! I'd like to see the in-the-pants holster for that! :ph34r:

I know it's retarded, but it actually looks good on a Kel--Tec PLR 16. I've got custom aluminum fore arms with a mount. It's stupid, but looks good.

How bout the Ka Bar pistol bayonet! I'd like to see the in-the-pants holster for that! :ph34r:

I know it's retarded, but it actually looks good on a Kel--Tec PLR 16. I've got custom aluminum fore arms with a mount. It's stupid, but looks good.

Pics or it doesn't exist. :haha: We can poke fun at ourselves on this one.

You would probably lump mine in the same catagory. I have a Romainian Wire folding stock with grenade launcher rubber pad. An AR15 grip, An ak style ribbed cover I fabbed. and a few other pieces that make it ugly and less desirable. I don't really care. It shoots all day long with little or no recoil. I took it out at one time and put 450 rounds thru it, and my shoulder didn't feel a thing the next day. A mix of crap, slugs and 00 buck. So I don't care what it looks like - it functions. Drums or stick, it goes. No fancy gadgets. Just gun. I did end up buying a chaos porkypine because the price was so damn low. It gives it a "balanced" look believe it or not. Other than that, it is just gun, and suits me well. I have no intentions of changing it to meet acceptable asthetics. It's ugly, It gets the job done.

I think the line between the "A Gun" and "A Tacticool Mall Ninja Gun" is not so much the configuration but how you are using it.

Having a vert grip because you like to hold the gun that way is fine. Having one because it looks cool, is ninja. If you have lights, lasers, $600 dollar dots, but you know how to use those things and do so, then it's not ninja. But if you've got an EOtech and a Surefire but can't shoot for shit and don't how to use the light, your gun is tacticool.

It's easy to get carried away with the tactical stuff, esp. if it's your first build in twenty some years, lol.

I once had my Bullpupped S12 set up with an M16 handle w/sights, rasied 4x scope(so I could use the Irons up close) etc, etc. Then I realized it was about 1 1/2' tall, w/o the 10rnd mag, lol. Unfortunately, I DON'T have a pic.

I've since reduced height considerably, but I still have lots of Tacticool. I have my reasons for each peice, but it is a bit much, lol.

PS- the Scope is now a 2-7x, Irons now buis.

post-15573-12747196072452_thumb.jpg

Edited by BpS12

Most 'accessorized' weapons are too "tacticool" for my taste. A naked AK or Saiga does good for me. Anything else is for specific use. Scope for distance, light for HD bipod if shooting long .

Anything that someone does not know how to use or is extremely unlikely to use. Honestly, how many people need a laser or IR designator on their weapon? That being said, I'd love one of those shotguns that attach underneath an AR. Anyone know where I can get one of those?

Anything that someone does not know how to use or is extremely unlikely to use. Honestly, how many people need a laser or IR designator on their weapon? That being said, I'd love one of those shotguns that attach underneath an AR. Anyone know where I can get one of those?

I think the one the military uses is called the KAC Masterkey. You get a tax stamp for it (SBS)

I think a lot of these bolt action or break over shotguns with the lights and red dots on them may be just fine for what some people use them for. Most people tend to think HD but a lot of times it may just be for shooting critters at night. I know of plenty of times I could have used a light and dot on my 10/22.

I think the one the military uses is called the KAC Masterkey. You get a tax stamp for it (SBS)

Thanks for the info Klassy. They are stupid expensive, I changed my mind about it as soons as I saw the price.