Two Izhmash D.I.Y. LRBHO Pic's

And these are for use with what mags? The reason I ask is that looks like a Izzy magwell in the picture which tends to make me think it's going to be OEM magwell mag specific.

Edited by 6500rpm

Can't wait to buy/install this!

+1 i really wish it was one of those things that came standard.it will make a great gun even better.i took out the manual bho lever as i didnt like the way it felt when i rested my finger near the trigger,and so far as to the looks of this it will give a much better feel with function.

It wont. It cant. The follower on regular mags doesnt come to rest high enough to hit the tab. The only mags that will work with it are the russian magwell mags. It the exact same system used by the Vepr.

Looking at the pictures. There is no way it could be DIY project unless you have access to machine shop. It looks like the frame need to be modify. I would wait for Cobra .Just my 2 bits.

Why is the LRBHO such a sought after thing?

Speaking personally,

1- It's easier to load a mag on an open bolt than it is a closed one.

2- When your heart is pumping and the hammer goes "Click" on a closed bolt, you don't know for certain if you ran the mag dry, or if the gun just shit the bed.

3- When the bolt locks back, you feel it and reload by instinct. Otherwise I might start a clearance drill to check the weapon for a jam. (Or just transition if I'm not behind cover)

But frankly, I don't know if this will catch a normal follower. If it does, I would like to see a bolt release somewhere. (on the left side personally) Otherwise you still have to cycle the bolt to release it once the full mag is in... it minimizes the advantage.

IMHO

Cobra's might be better from what I have heard. I think I could even bend up something like this, without the button in that location, to go in place of the factory BHO.

I just don't know.

When I thought to put the same system of LRBHO - I was afraid what it will kill the bolt... Besides such design demands very exact manufacture.

Plus LRBHO in that that precisely you know that wasn't misfires and cartridges have really come to an end. The full magazine too begins to insert easier.

Therefore for myself I have made so:

post-21046-074185700 1275895087_thumb.jpg

Edited by S.M. Alien

Problem is still the mag followers on the mags available to the American public. They just don't sit high enough. The modification would be simple-ish, if there were enough material. On the 5 rounders, either russian or taiwanese, there isn't. I don't know about any others.

Oh it very well could. I based my own design in part on it and one of the previous offerings. My design was fairly similar to the one S.M. Alien posted.

One of my obstacles in designing it (aside from having barely any tools or sufficient funds) was the follower. It wasn't hard to make one that would work but, I didn't know if it would work with any of the other mags. All I have right now are 5 rounders. I'd need to at the very least see pictures of the followers inside the other aftermarket mags.

Anyway, I never got beyond the basic concept. I have some plastic mock ups of the levers and a rock solid follower prototype that worked pretty good. Since I never made metal parts I haven't gotten to test the two together.

My mags and lever from "Vepr Molot 12" - but in Russian forum, I saw photo, where also standard mags worked with similar design.

Mags are required to be altered having added plastic element which will push the lever.

• 2 weeks later...

I see you habe som much question!

It is new lrbho system they made on "legion" factory, i have some photos this new lrbho, but this kit not sales from factory in Russia, but factory can make rebuild our guns for special order, our law now allow as make some rebuild by myself.

post-14620-007085100 1277114398_thumb.jpg

post-14620-096762300 1277114426_thumb.jpg

post-14620-033389400 1277114457_thumb.jpg

post-14620-003387500 1277114470_thumb.jpg

post-14620-098690600 1277114493_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It wont. It cant. The follower on regular mags doesnt come to rest high enough to hit the tab. The only mags that will work with it are the russian magwell mags. It the exact same system used by the Vepr.

You are Absolutely right, look at picture

post-14620-020417500 1277115348_thumb.jpg

post-14620-036226100 1277115359_thumb.jpg

post-14620-087131200 1277115369_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrBormental
  • Like 3

I just can't help but find all these new LRBHO threads very comical...watching all these people grabbing at straws, and wishing so hard for something that just isn't going to be. They would do almost anything to find a shortcut, rather than just remain patient and wait on the LRBHO I've been designing to work in all the Saigas, and be easy to install by the average person. Now you are all starting to see just a few of the things I have been working with, and working around, for years. Some people are so pissed that I haven't come forth with it yet, I think they would just rather buy one from another source anyway. Well good luck with it. Have fun trying to make it work. My design was solid and worked very well with the factory mags, then the AGPs. When the Surefires came out, and then the drums, I continued trying to work on little changes to adapt, while listening to much crap and impatient demands from impatient noobs. Then when the magwells came out for both those mags and the factory ones, I had to start working around that too. I found a way to get something together that would hopefully please the most people possible, and still there are all those who would jump at the first chance to stick the first crap in their guns they can get their hands on. These kits from Rusmil... I have first hand knowledge of the finer details, including installation procedures. Good luck to those who think they are the answer. Good luck while fighting the same problems with different mags that I've been dealing with for years now.