demilled rifles

This might be a newb question, but why do Saiga's have bullet guides when other AK's do not?

Saigas do not have bullet guides. Bullet guides must be installed in a factory Saiga so you can use military magazines in it.

All military Kalashnikovs have bullet guides.

This might be a newb question, but why do Saiga's have bullet guides when other AK's do not?

Saigas do not come factory with a bullet guide like traditional ak variants do. Being unable to accept mil-spec mags is one of the sporter configuration regulations that must be met to import the rifle.

• Like 2

Saigas do not have bullet guides. Bullet guides must be installed in a factory Saiga so you can use military magazines in it.

I don't have an original AK103 magazine that Oleg sells in the UK to make the comparison but does the 103 mag have the same height front lip as the saiga propriety mags?

I don't have an original AK103 magazine that Oleg sells in the UK to make the comparison but does the 103 mag have the same height front lip as the saiga propriety mags?

I don't have one of the current Izzy 7.62x39 military mags either, but it can't have the same height front lip as the Saiga "sporter" mags, because AK-100 series rifles use a factory-rivetted bullet guide, (in an AKM, the bullet guide is part of the front trunnion).

New Izzy mags should have the same feed height and front lip as any combloc steel 7.62x39 mag made 40 years ago.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

If society brakes down we will see how handy the "Y" comes in...

Also, as a point of fact, the other advantage of the 06 overruns is in the barrel that was included.

Nalioth -1 for general ass-hat-ery.

we dont need that Y stamp to locate the correct spot.

Also, as a point of fact, the other advantage of the 06 overruns is in the barrel that was included.

It makes it easier. I don't allays have a measuring device around. Lets assume that Zombies have taken control of the Military and Police, and all that stands between you and a hoard of repressive-zombie-pigs is a rifle you buried years ago in the yard with a drill bit and an original FCG... Now lets say that the repressive zombie control freaks have taken away all your tools and measuring devices... Who needs the 'Y' now???

Sal=1 Your Argument=0

:smoke:

• Like 2

It makes it easier. I don't allays have a measuring device around. Lets assume that Zombies have taken control of the Military and Police, and all that stands between you and a hoard of repressive-zombie-pigs is a rifle you buried years ago in the yard with a drill bit and an original FCG... Now lets say that the repressive zombie control freaks have taken away all your tools and measuring devices... Who needs the 'Y' now???

Sal=1 Your Argument=0

Zombie de-animation? FA or no, a 7.62x39 is not the ideal tool for the job. If the Zompacalypse hit, I'd grab my S-12, (with several drums full of 00 buck). :killer:

Also, at this point, I'd have to say that although FA is good for suppressing fire and/or wasting ammunition; rapid, aimed, semi-auto fire is better in all other situations.

The Y is, in general, a nice feature to have.. but is it worth going through the process, (and more importantly the expense), of first even finding a mint-condition '06 overrun rifle for sale, then performing a complete mil-spec restoration, (including all the front-end work, new gas block, fsb, etc, etc).... when you can simply buy a brand-new SGL21 for ~$689? :huh:

I don't fucking think so.

Sal's argument = fail :haha:

If you want to make yourself a FA room-broom come TEOTWAWKI, that's what Draco pistols are for. ;)

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Sal=1 Your Argument=0

Zombie de-animation? FA or no, a 7.62x39 is not the ideal tool for the job. If the Zompacalypse hit, I'd grab my S-12, (with several drums full of 00 buck). :killer:

Also, at this point, I'd have to say that although FA is good for suppressing fire and/or wasting ammunition; rapid, aimed, semi-auto fire is better in all other situations.

The Y is, in general, a nice feature to have.. but is it worth going through the process, (and more importantly the expense), of first even finding a mint-condition '06 overrun rifle for sale, then performing a complete mil-spec restoration, (including all the front-end work, new gas block, fsb, etc, etc).... when you can simply buy a brand-new SGL21 for ~$689? :huh:

I don't fucking think so.

Sal's argument = fail :haha:

If you want to make yourself a FA room-broom come TEOTWAWKI, that's what Draco pistols are for. ;)

ymmv.

Your argument is full of fail, remember the Zombies have taken control of all the cop shops and military bases and have access to the same gear the human LEO/Military have. The zombies have the same access to balistic vests whch will stop shotgun shells with ease. The s12 is full of fail. You will be zombie food... :eek:

Now, a FA Saiga with steel core AP rounds are just what the doctor ordered. Me I prefer to survive the Z-pocolypse, not hide in some hole waiting for the Z's to find me (like :sadam: ).

Anyway, have fun storming the castle. :smoke:

• Like 1

Just another thought, what if they imported 16 inch barreled AK pistols with a little piece of plastic or wood in place of the buttstock so it doesn't count as a rifle, but a pistol. Then you could easily convert it to a rifle then. No more neutered AK's then. Of course you have to deal with 922r then once you make it a rifle.

Edited by Ermac

Just another thought, what if they imported 16 inch barreled AK pistols with a little piece of plastic or wood in place of the buttstock so it doesn't count as a rifle, but a pistol. Then you could easily convert it to a rifle then. No more neutered AK's then. Of course you have to deal with 922r then once you make it a rifle.

you can allays buy a pistol and a separate rear trunnion in case the law "changes"...

Your argument is full of fail...

...The zombies have the same access to balistic vests whch will stop shotgun shells with ease. The s12 is full of fail. You will be zombie food... :eek:

I can't really imagine any scenario involving a man-sized target, (except long range), in which my S-12 would be "full of fail" :huh: ...

95025128.jpg

64789256.jpg

54599630.jpg

With the right ammo, she can take out anything but very big game.

Your argument is full of fail...

...The zombies have the same access to balistic vests whch will stop shotgun shells with ease. The s12 is full of fail. You will be zombie food... :eek:

I can't really imagine any scenario involving a man-sized target, (except long range), in which my S-12 would be "full of fail" :huh: ...

With the right ammo, she can take out anything but very big game.

Um, most of the lowest end Piggy-Vests block shotgun shells, even the older kevlar based vests stop slugs... Dragon Skin and some of the newer plate based armor would just make you more of an appraiser for the zombies. Not sure if you have done your homework here? If you would like I can point you to a new tool (its called google) with it you might be able to unlock some of the secrets of modern warfare... :haha:

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 2

Sal, I don't know why you keep talking about vests. I aim for the head, especially if the target's a "zombie". ;)

Again, you are full of fail, what if the zombies, in preparation for your head shot, hooked their heads to their guts using a catheter, and have their heads now protected under the Piggy-Vest...

...or what if we are invaded by armor clad headless-horsemen... :ph34r:

• 6 months later...

In theory under Bigsal's circumstances, it would be beneficial to not have the SGL21's muzzle break on the Y marked receiver. This would allow the recoil to take out more zombies per burst as the muzzle climbs rather than just drilling the same one 3-5 times.

I see validity in both weapons (the S12 and 7.62x39). However, the ammo weight would give edge to my 7.62x39 because the kevlar & plate wearing zombies may require more rounds to finish the job so I would want at least a case of ammo with me.

Don't even get me started on when the Terminators, Predators and Aliens come! And the fucking Chupacabra outbreak is really going to get messy!

Awesome thread! :super:

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 1

I know of some 'demilled' romanian AKM receivers that were crushed. selling for $15. Just take the sides off that, overlay on the side of a saiga receiver, and you have a perfect drill guide.

This is only for the aforementioned zombie apocalypse in which the police need help.

Edited by toshbar