Nathan needs our Prayers!!!!

Nathan asked me to pass along this update... please continue to pray!!!!

After I met with my neurosurgeon, the plan was to have the surgery done through my nose. Two weeks ago, I met with an ENT who was going to assist with the neurosurgeon. The ENT ordered a CT scan of the sinus, but the scan had to be approved by insurance before it could be done. Insurance finally approved the CT scan and I had the CT scan done last Friday. I was scheduled to see the ENT who was going to handle the sinus part of my surgery today, but the ENT's office called to cancel the appointment. I spoke to the ENT this afternoon and he said that the surgery was too complicated to go through my nose, so there was no need to have him involved since the surgery will now have to be done through the side of my head.

I have a multiseptated expansile cystic process throughout my sinus cavities, which the ENT was suppose to look at and explain. The ENT determined that the cystic process is meninges all throughout the right side of my sinuses. The hole in which my brain is protruding through is also larger than they previously thought. We go to meet the neurosurgeon on Wednesday to plan and schedule the surgery.

Please continue to keep Lauren and me in your prayers.

Latest Info..

Today, we met with Dr. Michael for him to explain how he would perform

my surgery. We knew going into the appointment that due to the

complexity of the operation, the only entry point was through the side

of my head. Lauren was pretty upset going into the appointment, but

Dr. Michael had her smiling several times. We left the appointment

feeling very good.

After the appointment, I had an EKG, chest x-ray, and lab work done.

As soon as the results are forwarded to Dr. Michael's office, we can

finally schedule the operation. I hope to know the date of the surgery

by this weekend.

The surgery will be three hours long. I will spend one night in

intensive care and two to three more nights in the hospital. The

recovery time is 2 weeks in bed and 4 weeks for a full recovery. I

would like to have the surgery by the end of next week, so I can be

fully recovered by October 16 (University of Alabama Homecoming

football game, which will be a heartbreaking loss to Ole Miss).

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

Nathan

Latest update, guys!!!

After waiting what seemed like forever, I am now less than 24 hours away form my surgery. The surgery is scheduled to be done tomorrow at 6 AM at Methodist Hospital in Memphis. The surgery is scheduled to take 3 hours. After the surgery, my doctor projects for me to stay in the ICU for the first 24 hours before being transferred to a room. I am hoping to be released from the hospital Monday or Tuesday. Lauren will send an email when I am out of surgery and recovering. Please continue to pray for Lauren, myself, the doctors, nurses, and everyone involved. I won't have access to my email or phone phone for 1-2 weeks after the surgery, so if I don't reply it is because of doctor's orders. Nathan

Our thoughts, prayers, and best wishes for your recovery, Nathan.

We look forward to hearing all about it, and getting your personal update in a couple of weeks!

Mike

May all go as well, or better, than planned. I will pass this info on to my friends. We'll get you a whole mess of praying going on! It works as quite a few guys on this forum can attest. You and your family will be at the top of my list.

Sandi

News from Nathan's Bride

Just a little update since Nathan's surgery is taking a little longer than originally thought.

Nathan has been in surgery since 0737. The procedure is fully underway and I have been assured everything is going just fine. The surgeon is currently working under the microscope repairing the dura and skull base. We are looking at another 2-3 hours in surgery. I will update again when he is out of surgery and transferred to ICU.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. I know Nathan greatly appreciates it.

Lauren

Latest

Nathan is in the neuro critical care unit, room 440 at Methodist University. He is attached to many machines and looks pitiful; but is talking and moving around a little. All of his vital signs are great. I have spoken to the surgeon and he said things couldn't have gone any better. They have done a post-op ct scan and everything looks great. We will hopefully be moved to a regular room at some point tomorrow and I will forward that information to you as soon as I know. Please continue to pray for Nathan as he recovers.

Lauren

Hello,

Nathan had a rough first night but is doing fairly well. We have been moved to room 911. He's still having ups and downs and we are just taking it one step at a time. Surgeon said everything still looks good. Once again, please continue to pray for his recovery.

Thanks, Lauren

yesterday..... :super:

Nathan was discharged from the hospital this morning and now he is

home in bed. He faired pretty well on the one hour drive back to

Oxford. Everyday continues to get better.

Thanks so much for the prayers and thoughts, it means the world to us

both.

Lauren

That's GREAT news! Best wishes!!!

Mike

Nathan - I have a whole slew of crude jokes to cheer ya up with, but I dont think you should be laughing too hard right now, or I'd give you a call on the cell and give you some positive vibes! Glad to see you got through it (mostly) in one piece (cant help it), and best wishes on your recovery.

All the best -

-Ben V.