I will cut to the chase... I have stopped playing this game after only 3.5 hours because it sucked so bad. I have not completely stopped playing a game so quickly after purchase since the bug ridden Falcon 2.0 for the PC back in '98. To boil it down to the top 3 reasons why I hated this game so thoroughly.

1. The graphics are circa 2005.... for the PS2!!!! FAIL!!! COD 4 easily had a better look and feel to it. Also, in MP, if it wasn't for the cursor over all of your teammates' heads you would never be able to distinguish them from the OpFor.

2. MP is a chaotic cluster f^&*. No flanking while you have people in overwatch, no tunnel rats, no stealth play as you can't go prone. No strategy. Its all running around mag dumping and shooting at anything that moves like Doom. Also, grenades are completely useless. You might as well be throwing road flares.

3. Too much balance. For example, the idiots that made this game made an M16A2 exactly equivalent = AKM in Power, Accuracy, and every other stat. WTF!!! Every US weapon has a direct Taliban counterpart that is exactly equal no matter how stupid it is.

This is not to mention the terrible hit detection and awful controls.

Verdict: Wait for COD Black Ops.. and skip this POS entirely.

• Like 1

Did you play the campaign at all? That's pretty much the reason I wanted to pick it up. The multi- and single-player portions of the game were handled by different studios, so maybe the campaign might not suffer from some of the issues you described. Maybe?

I will cut to the chase... I have stopped playing this game after only 3.5 hours because it sucked so bad. I have not completely stopped playing a game so quickly after purchase since the bug ridden Falcon 2.0 for the PC back in '98. To boil it down to the top 3 reasons why I hated this game so thoroughly.

1. The graphics are circa 2005.... for the PS2!!!! FAIL!!! COD 4 easily had a better look and feel to it. Also, in MP, if it wasn't for the cursor over all of your teammates' heads you would never be able to distinguish them from the OpFor.

2. MP is a chaotic cluster f^&*. No flanking while you have people in overwatch, no tunnel rats, no stealth play as you can't go prone. No strategy. Its all running around mag dumping and shooting at anything that moves like Doom. Also, grenades are completely useless. You might as well be throwing road flares.

3. Too much balance. For example, the idiots that made this game made an M16A2 exactly equivalent = AKM in Power, Accuracy, and every other stat. WTF!!! Every US weapon has a direct Taliban counterpart that is exactly equal no matter how stupid it is.

This is not to mention the terrible hit detection and awful controls.

Verdict: Wait for COD Black Ops.. and skip this POS entirely.

I knew it would suck!! EA always ends up screwing up games. Though the did great with Battlefield and Command and Conquer Generals.

Did you play the campaign at all? That's pretty much the reason I wanted to pick it up. The multi- and single-player portions of the game were handled by different studios, so maybe the campaign might not suffer from some of the issues you described. Maybe?

No, I have only dabbled with campaign mode. I will try it though. It is the only thing preventing me from taking the game in immediately for store credit for Black Ops or New Vegas. If I like it, y'all will know in this thread.

No, I have only dabbled with campaign mode. I will try it though. It is the only thing preventing me from taking the game in immediately for store credit for Black Ops or New Vegas. If I like it, y'all will know in this thread.

I'm looking forward to New Vegas, I'm done with Call of Duty for a while. Playing with 12 year-olds who think they're really good, and others who cheat just isn't fun. Love full-auto interventions, FALs, barrets, pistols, hahaha, jackasses.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to New Vegas, I'm done with Call of Duty for a while. Playing with 12 year-olds who think they're really good, and others who cheat just isn't fun. Love full-auto interventions, FALs, barrets, pistols, hahaha, jackasses.

You sound, well, a little bitter there.............021.gif 12 year olds must have whupped that ass with a full auto barrett. naaaa.gif

You sound, well, a little bitter there.............021.gif 12 year olds must have whupped that ass with a full auto barrett. naaaa.gif

Nah, I'm a good player, I just don't care for getting killed by cheaters. But when I saw a full-auto intervention, I was disappointed, but whatever, people are douchebags, haha.

I've heard pretty much nothing but bad things about this game.

I've heard a very few compliments on the single player campaign...........but to be honest, I'd be fine with every game coming out with an MP version-only. Screw campaign. Online play is the only thing that draws me to video games.

(BTW, I've recently become addicted to the "Masterkey" underbarrel shotgun on MW2. That thing is BEAST in Hardcore. The range is insane.)

You left out a few things... You can't go prone, so when you start taking hits and hold the button down assuming you'll go prone, you stand up. you only get 3 classes to choose from.

The one and only good thing about this game is the sound... the sound is pretty cool. Other than that, the game blows.

CRAP!!! I just bought it yesterday, but have not played it yet. I had high hopes for this game.

I, too, am sick of playing Call of Duty MW2 on line. I can only take so many punky kids and racists babbling in my ear. Ugh. Playing with forum members is great, but the rest of it is just annoying.

WJ

Thanks for the review!

I think I'll stick with Bad Company 2 on the PC for a while. The BF game play is my favorite, and the graphics are killer. Anyone else play BC2 on PC?

As I read this my kid is playing BFBC2-PC on hard mode right this second.

COD games are like watching an updated 1980s action movie with a plot that could have been written by WWF promoters.Also the ability to go prone and avoid getting shot at rock throwing distances sounds ridiculous anyway.

MOH looks like an excellent game and if it's anything like BFBC2 I will not make it through the holiday season without being forced to buy it.

It's really sad to, MOH Allied Assault really invented modern shooters. That Omaha Beach Assault was the shit in 2002!! It seems with each game that comes out from those guys their ambitions get bigger but their execution sucks just a little more.

I luckily DLed the demo...played it once haven't looked at it again.

Hell I'm stuck on Left 4 Dead 2 again LOL!!

Edited by Bean.223

You left out a few things... You can't go prone, so when you start taking hits and hold the button down assuming you'll go prone, you stand up. you only get 3 classes to choose from.

The one and only good thing about this game is the sound... the sound is pretty cool. Other than that, the game blows.

I mentioned that the lack of prone eliminated stealth ops which is my type of game.. to lie in the cut and set traps, sapper, or to lay low in an elevated FFP as a battle manager of sorts.

However, to give props to anyone here who is or who has family on the EA or DICE development team... yes the sound is the best in a 1st person shooter that I have ever played.

Edited by 690gr

I started playing the campaign last night. It's actually pretty fun and well paced and presented, but I've read that it lasts less than 5 hours. Controlling AC130 and drone air strikes, while being able to pick out different munitions (25 mm, 40 mm, Howitzer, Hellfires and tele-guided missiles) is kind of a hoot. There are a couple things that this game got right better than any other similar game, IMO:

1) The best (most accurate) AK and SVD sound effects that I have ever heard!

2) You can actually kill someone with a shotgun past 10 feet!

I was also impressed with the fact that you can shoot enemies through most concealment, such as crates, barrels, thin walls, etc. In addition, I enjoy being able to shoot Chechens in this game, but that's more of a personal thing. :)

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

The marketing Crew did a Great Job making it look High Speed Low Drag.. But when it comes down to actuall multi-play it's Low Speed and High Drag..

The Game Sucks

(and no I am not that bad I can play if your on PS3 my screen name is SFCABNRGR check it out)

I have been playing COD, MW2 for a few years now, I bought MOH thinking that the game play would be alot better due to the time frame and developement of games. This is not the case here.

Game Play is slow as F....

If you decide to change your gear (which you only have 3 choices to build on) as your loading into the game you are docked points prior to even starting the damn game.

No prone

Firearms (using your pistol to shoot someone 100m away.. give me a break) Accuracy of the weapon systems are all equilevent, hate to disagree but the AK or AK74 isnt compared to the M4... Granted with a trained shooter (real world) the AK47 is very dependable and accurate out to 300m but in this game play its bull shit.

Seiously with the shotgun engaging 50m away and getting kills ....

As you engange a target, it will TomaHawk at the opponet (and no I am not pushing down on the controls to activate)

ReSpawn areas... Snipers can pick people off at the respawn area (I have been know to do that.. hear that tweeting my own horn..lol)

Grenades are pointless Like one other guys said might as well use road flares (funny)

Bottom Line... I have a MOH Tier 1 for Sale real cheap only used once and droped once...lol

i agree with most of the reviews here about how the game is lacking but i dont think its all that bad. then again i think BC2 is better than MW2. ive played BC2 everyday for months till this game came out(only on hardcore) and it is very hard getting used to emptying half a magazine into a guy sometimes. i cant tell you how many times ive been killed b/c i shoot somebody a few times and move on only to be killed by them b/c they didnt go down. honestly when i went from MW2 to BC2 i thought BC sucked at first but the more a played it the more i liked it. now i havent touched MW2 in at least 6 months. im looking forward to BC3 waaayyyy more than black-ops. tell me im not the only one on here who isnt a COD fanboy? but i will probably pick up black op's b/c i seen on G3 that it willl be offered in 3D. it should look pretty sweet! if this game dont grow on me and they dont patch some of the issues, i'll probably trade this one for it. so just to conclude this game doesnt live up to the hype, there are issues as mentioned above but i dont think its that bad. or im just rationalizing the 6 games i traded to get it and dont want to admit it sucks yet!:unsure:

ETA i was highly disppointed when i first started playing it but im playing right now and to be honest its kinda growing on me. i think most of the major issues like spawn camping,hit detection, etc. can all be patched and will be. this is the same thing that happened with BC2 and i believe they had a patch or 2 for MW2.

I say play it some more, u just might get used to it. but it certainly is a diffrent game. it not really like anything else that i know of.

also i think ALOT of people just dont like it because it's not COD or enough like COD. its a diffrent game, its supposed to be diffrent.

Edited by big-J

The marketing Crew did a Great Job making it look High Speed Low Drag.. But when it comes down to actuall multi-play it's Low Speed and High Drag..

The Game Sucks

(and no I am not that bad I can play if your on PS3 my screen name is SFCABNRGR check it out)

I have been playing COD, MW2 for a few years now, I bought MOH thinking that the game play would be alot better due to the time frame and developement of games. This is not the case here.

Game Play is slow as F....

If you decide to change your gear (which you only have 3 choices to build on) as your loading into the game you are docked points prior to even starting the damn game.

No prone

Firearms (using your pistol to shoot someone 100m away.. give me a break) Accuracy of the weapon systems are all equilevent, hate to disagree but the AK or AK74 isnt compared to the M4... Granted with a trained shooter (real world) the AK47 is very dependable and accurate out to 300m but in this game play its bull shit.

Seiously with the shotgun engaging 50m away and getting kills ....

As you engange a target, it will TomaHawk at the opponet (and no I am not pushing down on the controls to activate)

ReSpawn areas... Snipers can pick people off at the respawn area (I have been know to do that.. hear that tweeting my own horn..lol)

Grenades are pointless Like one other guys said might as well use road flares (funny)

Bottom Line... I have a MOH Tier 1 for Sale real cheap only used once and droped once...lol

My wife(Kimber Polymer Pro Carry), my 11 year old daughter(Ruger Mk2 Bull) and myself(G17) all shoot man sized silhouettes at 100 yards. The fact that there it does little damage and is harder to get hits makes it quite realistic in my book.I would imagine a Tier 1 operator who gets to shoot in excess of 50-100K rounds per year could pull that off easily.

If you are serious about ditching your MOH and if the packaging is nice and it looks mostly new I will take you up on that offer.

PM Me with a price or trade considerations for your copy of MOH(my youngest really wants it)

Its unfortunate that EA's marketing department is better than their game department. I kinda figured MoH would be pretty... well lame.

I really wish someone would make a game where the shotgun fired more than 15 feet, and where the knife didn't somehow go through 3 layers of clothing and body armor.

tell me im not the only one on here who isnt a COD fanboy?

I definitely wouldn't call myself a COD fanboy........but I like the series enough that I haven't bothered to take a hard look at anything else. Mainly because of the reviews I've read of other games, and/or friends picking them up and me being able to test it out for free and see for myself.

BF:BC2 was supposed to be the "MW2 killer", but it didn't succeed at that. (Someone on another board linked to data showing how many people were playing each game; comparing MW2 and all the other similar games, no one even came close to touching COD's numbers) The majority of people I know who dropped MW2 for BC2 came running right back after seeing how it was. The only legitimate complaint I have about MW2 on PS3 is the fuggin' "host migration". It's horrible and usually ends up in a dropped game, and you sitting back in lobby (and I swear, it's always when I'm on a good killstreak)

I can avoid the other main complaints:

Whining 12 years olds getting on your nerves? Mute them.

Teleport knifing is pissing you off? Play Hardcore (HC:S&D is like heroin)

One concept about MoH that I do like though........the Tier 1 Operator beards! :lolol:

633669711527170032-combatbeard.jpg

EA sucks anymore. BF2 was about the last good game they had. Their netcode is HORRIBLE. C&C generals is a great game (old now), that

was hurt bad by bad code. I mean....token ring.....seriously?

EA is for console shit. No offense to the casuals who pick up a PS3 or something, but real gaming has been, and always will be on the PC.

For sheer gameplay polish in FPS games, nothing can touch Valve Software's products. Yeah, Battlefield might have tanks, but the Quake II

engine and then the Source engine just wreck anything else out there. The Source version of Counterstrike is still the gold standard of FPS

games.

Valve and Blizzard, just head and shoulders above any other company out there. Bethesda comes close with the Elder Scrolls series, they're good too.

Well I too was somewhat disappointed with MOH I completed campaign mode on the hardest level in about 3 hours of play the graphics are not even close to MW2 and look like BFBC2 to me and the online play is just about the same in my mind. I played online for about 5 hours total and was actually getting to like it more but in my opinion MW2 even with all the quirks I don't like at all (lag switching,commando knifing from 40 ft away,the server issues that Dan alluded to,the full mag dumps on guys with painkiller or last stand,and the quick scoping and full auto weapons that aren't supposed to be full auto) is just more fun to play the graphics are just that much richer. I keep going back to it. Everyone forgot to mention though that MOH does have select fire at least semi-auto and full auto no 3 round burst mode sniping is way easier than MW2 also. Campaign mode does have some cool missions but they definitely made it look better on the TV commercials. As far as playing against the loud mouth 12 yr olds or just jerks in general I just mute them. We could get a forum group together to play I don't care how good we are it would still be fun as a few of us have done this before and it has always been a good time. We kicked some serious butt and we lost some to but all in good fun. As Dan Also said for a better game experience with MW2 try hardcore matches.

I played online for about 5 hours total and was actually getting to like it more but in my opinion MW2 even with all the quirks I don't like at all (lag switching,commando knifing from 40 ft away,the server issues that Dan alluded to...)

Black Ops is going to have dedicated servers. So hopefully that'll prevent the server-related problems that MW2 has.

Had my first experience with a lag switcher the other day playing at a buddies house, and unlike every other time I assumed someone was doing it........there was no doubt this prick was doing it. Playing S&D, there's multiple rounds per match. At the beginning of each round (except the first), it wouldn't even start right away. There was a 5-7 second delay. Well you'd finally spawn, only to be hit in the face with a noob tube, literally a nano second after spawning. Meaning it was in flight before the round even started for us. This guy obviously has practiced enough to know exactly where to launch it to hit directly on the spawn.

Then when I was on his team, we were playing on Skidrow, and it lagged at the start of the second round. When everyone but him finally spawned......it went directly to the Game Winning Kill Cam..........and it was of him rushing the other spawn, and mowing down the entire enemy team right as they just started moving from their spawn. He doesn't even try to hide it. His name is "DodgeMySwitch" or something like that. I messaged him, calling him out on his lag switch, and he just replies with a sad face.

/rant off

Similar thing happened to me the other day on the Salvage map my team was starting on the side with the 2 big buildings where you spawn right in between them. Anyway at the start of the match it immediately goes to migrating host screen and then as soon as it comes back 3 of us got wiped out by a semtex grenade and I mean as soon as it came back the screen had just gone from black to color and boom it took us out so the grenade had to be launched close enough to get to where we were spawning and it had to be on ground when we spawned to have timed out to the explosion. Also had the same guy in my sights (I was using the M21EBR) and shot one round and then it went to migrating host when it came back up he shot me from behind with an AA-12 right to the back of the head pissed me off royally. I finished that game but bailed out of that lobby after that I hate cheaters.