My request for an unlock.... bear in mind that this listing has 20+ items and I didn't want to go back into paint and black out the items that were not being offered, and then upload to imageshack again.

Sir,

My acount is locked for removing pricing information and I never removed any of the pricing information from the listing. There are items marked 'withdrawn' and items that were marked 'sold'. These were listed in this manner from the original unedited post. Yes, the first time I clicked 'submit' they were listed as 'withdrawn' or 'sold'. (Admin's name) made a mistake. He assumed that there were prices there and there we no prices for these items from the beginning. The only things that have been edited are the following....

1- sold or SPF has been added to the items that are sold or SPF, but no prices have been removed

2- I mistakenly marked item #3 as 'withdrawn' when I intended to mark item #2 as 'withdrawn'. The original price was not removed from item #3 and item #2 never had a price by it because I decided to keep it before I created the listing

3- one letter in the title was edited for a spelling error

I even put going rate pricing beside the items that were originally marked 'sold' as an effort to appease Crowboy even though he was mistaken and no pricing had been removed.

Am I reading the rule wrong?

13. Do NOT delete the original title, ad text or asking price. Leaving the ad in place after you sell, trade, or just plain decide to keep the item(s) is protection for both the buyer and seller, and also acts as a price reference for others. Edit the title and text of the ad to add "SOLD" or "TRADED", while retaining the ad text and title. Do NOT post a new reply, as this bumps the ad to the top of page 1 needlessly! Disregarding this rule may result in a suspension of your account.

If there was no price to begin with on the items in question, then how can my account be locked for removing something that was never there?

Any reply would be greatly appreciated. I would not bother emailing staff if I had indeed removed pricing from the listing. When I am wrong I will be the first to admit, but I am not. Your consideration and efforts are appreciated. I am currently a paying member.

Thank you,

My name

Some info (names email addresses) has been removed from the following email and my request to avoid pissing anyone else off

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:

Subject: www.ar15.com :: Account Lock

Your account has been suspended for violation of the conduct code or usage policies.

The specifics of the account lock are included below.

Account: evlblkwpnz

Duration: 72 Hours

Reason:

------------------------

Second violation of EE rule #13 in a little over 3 months. Please see the rules at http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=301. Thanks.

------------------------

Date: 12/13/2010

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I like Arfcom, and I love the EE. It's easy as hell to sell stuff and find deals.

That being said......some of the Mods are lock-happy sometimes, in general. I started a thread in GD (which is only slighter more civilized than 4Chan), about some hypothetical legal questions. The tin-foil bandits came out of the woodwork, saying I was an ATF agent on a fishing expedition (who has also been there for almost 3 years and has over 5K posts. I'm deep undercover. :rolleyes: ). Someone reported the thread and it got locked.

• Like 1

ARFCOM staff, admin, mods, etc don't impress me at all. I think there are better places to contribute online such as this site.

As you may have noticed, I stated "I am currently a paying member" in the last part of the request. Firstly, their minimum membership costs are stupid high. Secondly, some of the staff, mods, and admin are complete assholes and will never admit they may have misunderstood or been mistaken about an issue. Very few of the site guys have been willing to help, but the complete assholes give me a great appreciation for the nice guys. landman303 and munyguru have been very helpful to me in the past. I commend them and appreciate their civility and understanding.

I have been called out and had 2 threads deleted because they 'thought' I was shill posting for Tactical Machining because I live in FL. I live 2 hours away from TM and I own 2 businesses in the swimming pool industry. I just don't see how I could possibly have time for all of that driving, a job, and 2 other businesses. Noone ever messaged me about the issue, asked if I own or work for TM, or ever replied to my request for an answer about where the threads went and why. The simple fact of the matter is that TM is not a business member there and the lowers they produce far exceed anything else I have used when it comes to fit.... and it might not be good for business members there if the word gets out on a large scale and becomes somewhat common knowledge (Spike's, BCM, etc.). People can rave and swear by business member's products all day and nothing gets deleted, noone gets called out.... just carry on.

I can honestly say that the vibe here is better, by far, and there is a lot less of the BS that seems to plague arfcom. The Mod situation here is completely different, from my experience. Juggs got on my ass once, I repented, and he replied with a friendly and educational response. It caused me to have a greater respect for those that do that job and made me want to stay in good standing and comply. The way some of the Mods at arfcom act, it makes me want to kick their ass if I ever lay eyes on them, lol. The way they treat their paying members there is just plain ridiculous sometimes. Can I at least get a response to an inquiry for my money? Hell no. It is "fuck off".... see you in 72 hrs or wonder where your thread went.

Can a non-paying member use the EE at arfcom? If so, I will not be renewing my membership again.

How about a new username..... fu-q-arfcom ?

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

I for one can not stand that site. I posted an autographed pic of former General George S Patton that a friend gave me, I altered the pic so that people could not download it and make copies and try to sell them on the net....

I was called a liar even though I posted it, and the remarks started to come in about how many post counts I had... :rolleyes:

Patton-1.jpg

• Like 1

No big loss.

The guys are fags.

It's the only site that I've ever come across where a gmail or yahoo e-mail address isn't good enough.

I've never been over to arfcom but SIGForum is the same way about email addresses. I had to use my school address and then have it forwarded to gmail.

Sucks about your account. I try to pick my forums carefully because of situations like this.

• Like 1

It is not professional for me to slam any of the other forums out there...

I will say THIS, however...

I am a member at ARFCOM. I cannot remember the last time I have logged in there. I am willing to guess its been more than a year.

WHY?

Nothing there for me...

SAIGA 12 FORUMS is where its AT... Sure we have our little retard spats now and then, or some crybabies, and of course some real assholes now and again... you get them anywhere... but NO WHERE ELSE will you find as good and helpful a bunch ( for the most part :lol: ) as you will here!! :up:

:smoke:

Been over there to look at pics, no account though. I think a lot of forums have kinda headed south lately. I think a lot of people feel very powerful with a monitor and a keyboard in front of them. After the gun craze dies down a bit more things will get back to normal......I hope

• Like 1

It looks like it is only a 72 hour lock at the bottom of your post.

I think that is why there is the "Banned at AR15.com" club that proudly wears that badge.

Yes you can use the equipment exchange on arfcom without being a paying member which is why it is so easy to sell stuff and find good deals. That is about all I use arfcom for now because I just got fed up with the bullshit that they tend to spew there.

Arfcom has large groups of people that are such group-think brand-whore lemmings for a particular brand that the forum touts, that it is completely comical to me(obviously marketing works - "MY GUN IS MORE SPEC THAN YOUR GUN - YOUR GUN WILL NOT WORK MORE THAN ONE ROUND BECAUSE IT ISN'T SPEC ENOUGH"). The whole Colt, Noveske, BCM, and LWRCI fetish that prevails at arfcom baffles the shit out of me (when they talk shit about RRA now, when just 4 years ago RRA's were as good or better than Colts on the same forum). But remember, if your AR doesn't cost well over $3,000 - then it won't shoot 2 inch groups at 100 yards as good or reliably as the more SPEC rifles (or a $350 AK)!

Snipershide will not allow anyone to question GA Precision or an action other than a Remington 700 or you will be chastised and told you are a horrible and utterly incompetent shooter for asking a simple question. BTW, Remington 700P's (their factory sniper rifle) have barrels that cost less than $20 to manufacture which is why you might get 1 out 5+ that shoots .75 MOA or better with factory ammo, plus bolt actions that slam fire are completely safe.

SilencerTalk is owned by AAC, and you get their employees (with their company credentials in their sigline and profile) talking shit about other companies' suppressors to try to prop theirs up. Then they sign on to other independent forums and do the same thing since they are completely unbiased in any way.

While sad, it is a fact of life and no forum is perfect... but it is more fun when you can get a thread about something completely relevant and non-confrontational eventually put into the Fight Club due to hijacks, trolls and no foul language restriction! Now that is entertainment and why my post counter is highest here! :super:

• Like 1

Can a non-paying member use the EE at arfcom? If so, I will not be renewing my membership again.

Yup. No membership required to sell stuff. I've been a paying Team member for 2 of the 3 years I've been there, but will most likely let it expire after my current Team status dies out. There is a lot of good info there, if you don't mind sifting through the BS. You can avoid 99% of the BS by just not going into GD, lol. I think the BS is mainly due to the sheer amount of members there. I just looked, and`they have almost 260K registered members. 193K of which are active. That many people in one spot is a guaranteed recipe for some BS. It's unavoidable.

I do remember Quib, who was probably one of the most helpful members on there (he was the Cleaning/Maintenance subforum Mod), leaving the site because all of the BS. That was a shame. He was a longtime member who helped a lot of people.

I also like the Hometown subforums. Very easy to find info about your local area; good FFL's, good shops, places to shoot, places to eat, and members to meet up with for shoots, etc.

In my thread that got locked, that I just talked about in my last post......3 of the guys who were all like "OMG, it's an ATF sting!!"....I checked their posting history. They had between 100-500 posts, in total, each. I checked and literally every single one of their posts were in GD. I'm not even sure they were gun owners at all :huh: .

In another situation I had 2 years ago or so, I was a cunt hair away from getting the banhammer. I got into a spat with a longtime member. It got heated, and I ended up posting an MS Paint of me banging his wife, while floating away on a helium-filled garbage bag filled with glow sticks, holding a bag of filet mignon, while he was on the ground watching us, and he was crying. It was hilarious.

All of that being said......there's no replacement for this place. This forum is literally the first place I sign into when I get online. On top of the info you can find here, the great vendors like CSS, the laidback Mods.....our membership here is great. I've had a few disagreements with a few members here. But whatever, shit happens, people disagree, we get over it, and then move on.

• Like 3

Lotta decent info over at snipershide. not a member there either though.

super amounts of BS go on there?

There is good info in all the forums I mentioned but go to SnipersHide and:

Ask if anyone will post pics of their typical groups from a GA Precision rifle.

Ask if a Savage/Howa/CZ or other (besides a 700) is the way to go for your custom build.

Post a question about Remington 700 triggers and their safety record vs. Savage Accutriggers.

Post a question about TAC/OPs rifles and how they compare to other high-end builds.

Ask about TAC OPs guarantee vs. GA Precision.

I am willing to bet you will get people that demean the weapon or demean you and your ability personally with any of these questions within the first 5 responses.

SniperCentral has a bunch of stickies from the owner of Tactical Operations regarding the shit talk over their product and guarantee at the Hide. Tac Ops includes a group (typically between .05" and .12") for 3 shots at 110 yards with each rifle to satisfy the 1/4 MOA guarantee and it started a shitstorm because someone compared it to the Hide's sacred and almighty GAP (which no doubt is a good weapon, but there are others out there that are comparable or maybe even slightly better - See Les Baer Custom).

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 1

In another situation I had 2 years ago or so, I was a cunt hair away from getting the banhammer. I got into a spat with a longtime member. It got heated, and I ended up posting an MS Paint of me banging his wife, while floating away on a helium-filled garbage bag filled with glow sticks, holding a bag of filet mignon, while he was on the ground watching us, and he was crying. It was hilarious.

Please share the link! :lolol:

No big loss evl... Arfcom is a great place to lurk and shop... Maybe find a part more difficult to find any other place, but by no means would I join or post there. WAY too many people, lots of them "always right". I'd be interested how many of those self proclaimed badasses are actually BTDT, and how many in reality were/are chairborne rangers. My BS tolerance level is at an all time low, but I've got a two year old- can you blame me?

I'm echoing nearly every reply on this thread. S-12 forum is the best, hands down. I (well, Mr. Bohound) recently joined another forum, PAFOA (PA Firearms Owners Association) at the suggestion of ScoutJoe- and actually sold some gear local that way, but I don't really post there, and only occasionally look.

I wouldn't even take a glance back at Arfcom. They've got a nasty tendancy to be snotty.

• Like 1

I was going to say simply...

PICS OR LIES!!!! PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!! :lol:

:smoke:

That thread is long gone and deleted, lol. The thread started out on the topic of if you take office supplies from work; pens, paper, etc, etc. I chimed in with my story of when I was 17 years old, young and dumb and didn't give a shit. I used to take home filet mignons from the country club I worked at (I was a cook there). Some guy comes in, all high and mighty, pretty much calling me a piece of shit for something I did when I was fucking 17 years old. (I also commented on how my girlfriend at the time had a friend who worked at a gas station, which is where I got the free glowsticks from. We used the case of glow sticks and filled up like 5 clear garbage bags with helium and tied them together, and let it go at night. Looked like a damn UFO of some sort. Bright red floating light in the sky. I'm sure there were at least a few people who saw it and were like "WTF!!!" :lolol: )

So I started in with the "Why do you seem so butthurt that I did what I did?". He almost seemed to be taking it personally that I stole filets and glowsticks, back in my "young and dumb" days. So I went on to say something like "Why take it so personal? Did some guy fuck your wife, steal your filets and float away on a bunch of helium filled garbage bags and glowsticks?". That's when the MS Paint came in, and when I almost got banned for good. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Good times. After me and that guy spoke like adults through PMs after that, he even admitted that he laughed his ass off at the pic. Unfortunately, I didn't save it in my PhotoBucket once the thread got canned.

• Like 1

I mainly hit AR Discussion, AK Discussion, and the EE. I do some selling there, but it always seems like I do more shopping. There is always something I want at a good price there or a trade that works for me. With the sheer numbers of people doing business there, it is hard to not find what you are looking for.

Since the TM incident, I try to not post anything about a product I like even though I would like to let others know that the shit is good and a good deal or whatever. Tons of snobs there and it gets annoying. I have some really nice high end stuff, but I am not above running some lesser known stuff as long as it works. I have nothing against BCM or Spike's, but if it isn't BCM or Spike's.... it is a pile of shit according to most. Hell, a lot of those guys think BCM and Spike's are better than a Colt.

I love it here. I try my best to contribute when it is appropriate and try not to step on anyone's toes. There have been a few moments, but they didn't last long. And yes, fellow members have always been helpful. I couldn't have done what I have done without some of you. I'm still kinda new at the Saiga 12s, but I have learned a little in almost a year and try to share the things that I think are actually solid. Thank you all for your support on this matter. I needed it.

Wait.... I'm feeling emotional and feel the need make love to my Saiga 12....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejy58DCoYKE

ETA: Add M4Madness to that list of good guys. He carefully reviewed the matter and unlocked me a few minutes ago.

BTW M4 didn't lock me. It was someone else and I don't know if it would be appropriate to name him.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

ARFCOM staff, admin, mods, etc don't impress me at all. I think there are better places to contribute online such as this site.

As you may have noticed, I stated "I am currently a paying member" in the last part of the request. Firstly, their minimum membership costs are stupid high. Secondly, some of the staff, mods, and admin are complete assholes and will never admit they may have misunderstood or been mistaken about an issue. Very few of the site guys have been willing to help, but the complete assholes give me a great appreciation for the nice guys. landman303 and munyguru have been very helpful to me in the past. I commend them and appreciate their civility and understanding.

I have been called out and had 2 threads deleted because they 'thought' I was shill posting for Tactical Machining because I live in FL. I live 2 hours away from TM and I own 2 businesses in the swimming pool industry. I just don't see how I could possibly have time for all of that driving, a job, and 2 other businesses. Noone ever messaged me about the issue, asked if I own or work for TM, or ever replied to my request for an answer about where the threads went and why. The simple fact of the matter is that TM is not a business member there and the lowers they produce far exceed anything else I have used when it comes to fit.... and it might not be good for business members there if the word gets out on a large scale and becomes somewhat common knowledge (Spike's, BCM, etc.). People can rave and swear by business member's products all day and nothing gets deleted, noone gets called out.... just carry on.

I can honestly say that the vibe here is better, by far, and there is a lot less of the BS that seems to plague arfcom. The Mod situation here is completely different, from my experience. Juggs got on my ass once, I repented, and he replied with a friendly and educational response. It caused me to have a greater respect for those that do that job and made me want to stay in good standing and comply. The way some of the Mods at arfcom act, it makes me want to kick their ass if I ever lay eyes on them, lol. The way they treat their paying members there is just plain ridiculous sometimes. Can I at least get a response to an inquiry for my money? Hell no. It is "fuck off".... see you in 72 hrs or wonder where your thread went.

How about a new username..... fu-q-arfcom ?

I have an alternative to the EE at that site. I'll PM you if you want. I'd post it here for us all to read, but I'm not sure if it is within the rules of this site since I'm referencing another site.

This is funny. First time I have seen it, but listen all the way through!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY

Yeah, but what if it is really really super extra multicam and carries two plates on each side and has room for three Glocks and five grenade launchers, and a thirteen pocket nukes? Maybe then it would be more Spec than what everybody else has. And you can never have enough Spec!

That made me :lolol: !

I am back here because of getting banned on arfcom. I suggested that one could find a particular tv show on pirate bay. The particular show is available open source & free in a number of places legally. And while Pirate Bay does have questionable content sometimes, much of it like the show I mentioned is legal and free.

BAM, I get the ban hammer. :blink:

I am back here because of getting banned on arfcom. I suggested that one could find a particular tv show on pirate bay. The particular show is available open source & free in a number of places legally. And while Pirate Bay does have questionable content sometimes, much of it like the show I mentioned is legal and free.

BAM, I get the ban hammer. :blink:

I remember when Metalmulisha posted tits in GD after many futile efforts to get banned. Some of the rules there are a little to uptight. FUCK, DAMN, SHIT, BITCH, BASTARD!!!! I love it here :angel:

• Like 1