I was in the Navy, never had the honor to serve under XO Honors, however I see both sides of the argument. First I have no access to an unedited version where things are not silenced, but I found the only inappropriate portion to be the shower scene, this is only because when underway on deployment the last thing I want to see is one of the female crewmembers I work with naked...nothing more frustrating... :lolol: Almost as bad as not having a beer day for the same amount of time... :lolol: The rest of what I found and have heard was not worth the time or effort that is being put into this. But hey anything done in the puplic eye is cannon fodder...

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Actually, I'm going to take the other side on this. I would have expected better of someone of his position. He is an officier in the military and has to lead his troops regardless of his personal likes or dislikes. If he cannot do this, HE should have stepped down. As a leader of many different people, of various colors, faiths, sexual orientations, upbringings, regions, etc. etc. He has the obligation to lead EVERYONE EQUALLY.

I have no problem with gays serving(I knew one while I was inservice 25yrs ago and it took us all by suprise). If they do the job and esp if they do it well, more power to them and anyone else that does the same. Besides, if our men and women are dying while inservice, WHYtFk should they be exempt?!?!?

• Like 4

Tie the asshole that 'leaked' this to the anchor and let him think about it at 40 fathoms! A good ship and true always has an "at sea" newspaper, or larger ships have video. It is ALL WAYS raunchy and rude. We are talking SAILORS here not bleeding heart asswipes. The little shit that took this OFF THE SHIP is not a sailor, he is not even good enough for shark bait.

P.S. there are NO women on ships, just SAILORS! (some have innies, some have outies)

• Like 3

Tie the asshole that 'leaked' this to the anchor and let him think about it at 40 fathoms! A good ship and true always has an "at sea" newspaper, or larger ships have video. It is ALL WAYS raunchy and rude. We are talking SAILORS here not bleeding heart asswipes. The little shit that took this OFF THE SHIP is not a sailor, he is not even good enough for shark bait.

P.S. there are NO women on ships, just SAILORS! (some have innies, some have outies)

Well said! This action has just weakened our military...there will be more to come. WTF is wrong with our commanders? I always did hate that part. If you are the head cheese, what are you worried about? Promotion? Not!

They should leave him alone. I have a friend who served on that ship while the videos were going on and he said they looked forward to those skits. Apparently it was a weekly thing.

This country is PC-ing itself into pussydom.

Our currency is becoming weak as fuck, so why not everything else too huh?

• Like 1

i just watched a couple of the videos, and really didn't find them that offensive... :031:

Neither did the majority of the crew from what I'm reading. It takes one person to blow the whistle and spoil a good thing.

• Like 1

And the pussyfication of the US military continues. Cashier a guy who has made the Navy his life in order to placate the gays and some little bitch with an axe to grind. It's the Navy brass speaking out on this that look like Fudds about 80 years out of touch...

• Like 1

Well as stupid as it seems to me to relieve him of his command to complete the cluster f*ck seems like they should give it to an openly gay guy and change the name of the ship to the USS Rumpranger.

The world is full of cock-suckers and assassins and this one got blown out of the water.

Adm. John Harvey, commander of the U.S. Fleet Forces Command, said.

"While Capt. Honors' performance as commanding officer of USS Enterprise has been without incident, his profound lack of good judgment and professionalism while previously serving as executive officer on Enterprise calls into question his character and completely undermines his credibility to continue to serve effectively in command," Harvey said, reading from a prepared statement. He did not take questions.

So now let’s see if I understand this right: the preferred commander would be someone willing to take a cock up his ass or down the throat (these actions are now considered being good judgment) as long as they don’t poke fun at straight people.

Edited by Saiga20mags.com
  • Like 1

I just saw the video for the first time today. I think ruining the man's career might be a little harsh but I have to say it looks pretty juvenile and not something I would expect from a commanding officer. I don't think it was particularly funny and I don't think it was particularly offensive. To me, it was just kind of creepy and the overriding concern that I have is that it shows questionable judgment on his part. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the PC factors one must deal with on board a naval vessel, it is what it is and he stepped right into a mess that he should have been smart enough to avoid. Not a great thing for the captain of a war ship.

• Like 1

We are in a bad time in history to be conducting this social science experiment.

Unfortunatly I doubt the ability of any lessons we learn from this will reach the politicians who allowed this, or those who support and pushed for these actions.

Had it come from an enlisted man or a low-ranking officer on the ship, I'd shrug this off entirely.

As the commander of a warship, his job is not to be one of the guys. He is the commanding officer. He showed piss-poor judgment creating these videos.

It seems very silly that everyone is playing the gay angle. The masturbation gesture is only one of several childish actions that would be dismissed offhand had it not come from the ship's commanding officer. Viewing these videos indicates behavior that borders on fraternization, undermining the respect the crew should have for their commander. On the other hand, the videos obviously raised morale. It's not a simple situation, and it's not black and white.

Ending his career may be overly harsh. It might not be. The whole thing seems overblown.

• Like 4

Well as stupid as it seems to me to relieve him of his command to complete the cluster f*ck seems like they should give it to an openly gay guy and change the name of the ship to the USS Rumpranger.

The world is full of cock-suckers and assassins and this one got blown out of the water.

Adm. John Harvey, commander of the U.S. Fleet Forces Command, said.

"While Capt. Honors' performance as commanding officer of USS Enterprise has been without incident, his profound lack of good judgment and professionalism while previously serving as executive officer on Enterprise calls into question his character and completely undermines his credibility to continue to serve effectively in command," Harvey said, reading from a prepared statement. He did not take questions.

So now let’s see if I understand this right: the preferred commander would be someone willing to take a cock up his ass or down the throat (these actions are now considered being good judgment) as long as they don’t poke fun at straight people.

Based on the prevalence of homosexuality in our society, I would assume there are several members of this board who fall into this category. The forum, and society overall, would be much better off if you kept your homophobic comments to yourself.

Edited by yes

Based on the prevalence of homosexuality in our society, I would assume there are several members of this board who fall into this category.

No Way! Nothing but us manly men around these parts.naaaa.gif

Edited by DaveM