Yeah its the "good moral character" part that is unconstitutional and its this part that impedes my rights. It can be appealed to a judge but if the sheriffs department says No I dont think any judge is gonna go against them. The bad part is it isnt the sheriff himself but some asshole deputy the sheriff appoints that makes the call.

Last time I was denied, I went to talk to the guy personally. He told me he denied a 70 year old man on "bad moral character" who had no other charges besides an assault charge from 40 years prior due to a drunk fight in college!!! This is completely unconstitutional b/c if you live in a county with a sheriff that doesnt want people owning guns then they just deny everybody based on "moral character" for any kind of charge they have no matter how old!! Once again police doing what the hell they want!!

Ive done the research and aside from sueing the state for an unconstitutional law, I dont really see any other options. Impedeing my rights b/c of charges that were dismissed may be wrong but that doesnt mean its not legal here, the charges i have are all dismissed and I was told flat out that im being denied a permit based on those same charges b/c the fact that i was charged doesnt demonstrate "good moral character"!!:anger:

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I was watching the news & an Anti-Gun group was holding a gun turn in where they were giving $50.00 gift certificates for those who wanted to dispose of "unwanted" guns...   So Pauly had an i

FREEDOM comes from KNOWING the law & not just assuming that one does then limiting their own freedoms unnecessarily.   Have you ever studied your laws that you just quoted? Dollars to doughnuts

Thats all well and good but this thread is not gonna keep you from going to jail for illegal weapons possession, neither is being on the news. Not to be disrespectful but thats not very wise.   I ag

Posted Images

They did that buy-back in Austin last year. For those who don't know, Austin is the little island of Blue in a sea of Red (think "San Francisco of the South") A group of my fellow Texas Patriots did the same thing you did Pauly. I'm proud of them and of you for standing up for us and educating the public! You sir, have a free beer in San Marcos Texas waiting!

I'm going to make the SxS a work of art, just to remember my first ever Ghetto-Gunshow.

It's going 18" real soon, then becoming an SBS as soon as I get the stamp.

This one is going to be pretty.

Its already a beautiful looking gun. Looks like it would make a great coach gun though.

I kinda feel bad for the people showing up because they need cash not knowing that most of thier firearms would sell quick for a lot more than the $50 they were trying to get. Good thing you guys were out there making sure they got a little extra out of them.

• 1 year later...

I simply cannot get over how people will turn in their guns for 30 buck buy outs. I swear man. The human being is once again reverting back to the cave man species. Someone told me a school district within a few hours of my house encouraged the CHILDREN to take the firearms out of their parents homes and turn them in and they would be protected. The world has gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone told me a school district within a few hours of my house encouraged the CHILDREN to take the firearms out of their parents homes and turn them in and they would be protected. The world has gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many things about that that are illegal.......guess if you're moving an agenda forward then it dont matter

to bad you didn't manage to get this one HOG.

11451483-large.jpg

I didn't get that one, but I did get this one!

post-35031-0-11867300-1345410646_thumb.jpg

An older gentleman had this and our group caught him on the way out after they had run out of gift cards. It is a brand new MAK-90, never fired! It came with:

5 new Chinese flat back mags

the chest rig

300 rds of Norinco ammo, boxes are pristine

the ammo can

3 ten round Chinese mags

Stripper clip guide/ mag loader

5 stripper clips

instruction manual

sling and rifle

original sales receipt dated 1-1-94

not pictured a trigger lock

I almost don't even want to say what I paid for it......

$350!!!!!!

I will be selling the ammo and the 10rd mags, I sold some of my mags (kept the Chinese ones) today at the gunshow. So after it is all said and done I will probably end up with about a $100 rifle and $50 worth of accessories. I will sell the mags and ammo and probably clear around $200.

The old guy was very happyto have the money and I was very happy to have his rifle!

I did make one other buy, not as exciting as this one but still a good deal. I will post details about that one later.

Edited by HOG76
  • Like 3

to bad you didn't manage to get this one HOG.

11451483-large.jpg

I didn't get that one, but I did get this one!

post-35031-0-11867300-1345410646_thumb.jpg

An older gentleman had this and our group caught him on the way out after they had run out of gift cards. It is a brand new MAK-90, never fired! It came with:

5 new Chinese flat back mags

the chest rig

300 rds of Norinco ammo, boxes are pristine

the ammo can

3 ten round Chinese mags

Stripper clip guide/ mag loader

5 stripper clips

instruction manual

sling and rifle

original sales receipt dated 1-1-94

not pictured a trigger lock

I almost don't even want to say what I paid for it......

$350!!!!!!

I will be selling the ammo and the 10rd mags, I sold some of my mags (kept the Chinese ones) today at the gunshow. So after it is all said and done I will probably end up with about a $100 rifle and $50 worth of accessories. I will sell the mags and ammo and probably clear around $200.

The old guy was very happyto have the money and I was very happy to have his rifle!

I did make one other buy, not as exciting as this one but still a good deal. I will post details about that one later.

Holy SHIT, I envy you right now, How much you planning to get rid of them 10 rounders for?