Airsoft accessories vs non-airsoft accessories

Hello!! n00b here! I've been wanting to buy a Saiga for a while now, and this year decided to buy one, OF COURSE at the time when they are most scarce (lol)! Buying one was last weekends adventure, so I already have one (bought two, actually), and was looking to find some accessories for it.

This is what I want:

but I'm cheap so I don't want to pay $100 for a foregrip, even if it's a bipod too. See, the main reason I don't want to pay that much is because I know it doesn't cost that much to make them (a few years ago at a gunshow they went for $40 - $60). Stingyness aside, i would like to get several of them, and several x $100 = a lot more than I want to pay. At some point, I uncovered these "airsoft" versions:

"You get what you pay for" Yes, I am familiar with that saying. However, just because you pay a lot of money for something, that does not make it a high quality something. Conversely, even some knockoffs from the far east have pretty good quality (maybe not in firearms accessories, but in other areas like technology). I imagine that some of the originals are even from that neck of the woods. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being stingy to be stingy. If the price gap was closer, I'd buy the original. But $30 vs $100 is substantial, especially because I'd like to get 3 - 4.

Now that I'm done beating around the bush: what are your thoughts? Would you use an airsoft accessory (grip, foregrip, butstock, quad rail, flashlight holder, etc EXCLUDING optics) on a real firearm? In your experience, are airsoft accessories comparable in build quality to firearms accessories? What other thoughts do you have?

I will buy one of the $30 ones and torture test it to see if it's worth anything, but I'm not willing to buy a $100+ one to torture test.

Edited by Nailbomb
Links removed!
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have a red dot on a shotgun? You realize that's like putting a laser on a hand grenade right?

I was thinking about putting the wheels and tires from my sons race car bed on my car.

If I may, I think BD's point is that he saved $93 by trying the airsoft gripod and realizing that he didn't like the ergonomics. If he did like the ergos, and bought the real deal, he would have only

Posted Images

Yeah, if you like burning money. :lolol: I can see where this thread is heading. :smoke: Ya know I wonder if we could bore out one of those airsofts and shoot live ammo in them. :lolol::lolol:

• Like 2

The scary part is that these people that put air-soft crap on real weapons will eventually go broke, pawn their POS with toy parts on it & then some unsuspecting person will buy it & never consider someone would do something so stupid, so he'll stake his life on it.

Bad idea guys.

Just pony up the dough, or quit the game.

Yeah, we call these things our toys, but they're really not.

They're tools & if 1 thing breaks & distracts the user for a split second when the tools are really being used, the user may die.

• Like 1

Pauly and James summed it up. There are a lot of folks deceiving noobs on this forum with this kind of shit on Combat Shotguns and Rifles illustrated with glamorous photos as well. They need to post that bullshit on BARFCOM instead where it is more likely to be accepted.

The scary part is that these people that put air-soft crap on real weapons will eventually go broke, pawn their POS with toy parts on it & then some unsuspecting person will buy it & never consider someone would do something so stupid, so he'll stake his life on it.

Bad idea guys.

Just pony up the dough, or quit the game.

Yeah, we call these things our toys, but they're really not.

They're tools & if 1 thing breaks & distracts the user for a split second when the tools are really being used, the user may die.

So are there any torture tests or benchmarks for any of these furniture accessories, be they meant for airsoft or firearms?

So are there any torture tests or benchmarks for any of these furniture accessories, be they meant for airsoft or firearms?

Take a look at what the US military uses. I'm not sure of a benchmark, but I do know there is extensive testing and evaluation before anything is authorized for use on a government weapon.

It's airsoft stuff. Why would they use the same materials and quality control amd then sell it for fractions less than the real gear? There is a reason it's inexpensive.

Actually, the REAL airsoft weapons are upwards of $600 or more. I'm talking about the quality shit like Tokyo Marui. My uncle bought a Marui MP5 a decade ago that looked and felt like the real thing. The weight was even similar.

I just can't see the point in paying that much for a fake weapon that looks like a REAL weapon that costs about the same...

Well, you might if you're underage. Or live in a place that has a ban the real stuff.

[i just can't see the point in paying that much for a fake weapon that looks like a REAL weapon that costs about the same...

Underage? Who has $600 to blow before they are eighteen? Where is this magical place that "bans" the real stuff? Even ARs are legal in Cali...

I'm sure there are lots of 10yr old kids with rich parents who throw money at them as a sign of love.

Most countries don't have the firearm right like we do. I'm sure many would envy the 'freedom' folks in Cali or NJ etc. have when it comes to guns.

Well, you might if you're underage. Or live in a place that has a ban the real stuff.

[i just can't see the point in paying that much for a fake weapon that looks like a REAL weapon that costs about the same...

Underage? Who has $600 to blow before they are eighteen? Where is this magical place that "bans" the real stuff? Even ARs are legal in Cali...

We actually have a customer w/ a christmas tree AR-15 completed weighted down with chinese air-soft parts....brings it in all the time to show it off :rolleyes:

You should ask him if he would be so kind as to let you take a few pics of his badass rifle.... and post them here for us to laugh at. I love that pic of the AK with all of the shit hanging off of it, bunches of mags coupled together, etc.. I'll see if I can find the video....

I love how the scope is pointing out in left field....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI0AzYwIILQ

Edited by evlblkwpnz

We actually have a customer w/ a christmas tree AR-15 completed weighted down with chinese air-soft parts....brings it in all the time to show it off :rolleyes:

You should ask him if he would be so kind as to let you take a few pics of his badass rifle.... and post them here for us to laugh at. I love that pic of the AK with all of the shit hanging off of it, bunches of mags coupled together, etc.. I'll see if I can find the video....

That's the "snow-plow" configuration...

That's the "snow-plow" configuration...

I want the new dual Ninja Glock version, so I can engage threats from the rear and my support side without having to take the Ninja Laser off of its target before it burns through it.

It's airsoft stuff. Why would they use the same materials and quality control amd then sell it for fractions less than the real gear? There is a reason it's inexpensive.

Actually, the REAL airsoft weapons are upwards of $600 or more. I'm talking about the quality shit like Tokyo Marui. My uncle bought a Marui MP5 a decade ago that looked and felt like the real thing. The weight was even similar.

I just can't see the point in paying that much for a fake weapon that looks like a REAL weapon that costs about the same...

We are talking about cheap accessories not overpriced BB guns though.

Could just be marketing/pricing strategy.

It's not a marketing strategy.

The quality manufacturers will stand behind their products. If you break a Magpul part they are going to replace it. If you break a Magpul PTR part, you are going back on EBay to buy another.

So Magpul PTR stuff isn't really made by Magpul? Isn't Magpul was one of those companies that protected their brand name fiercely? I remember reading that they would persue companies who sold knockoffs with a vengance.

Could just be marketing/pricing strategy.

It's not a marketing strategy.

The quality manufacturers will stand behind their products. If you break a Magpul part they are going to replace it. If you break a Magpul PTR part, you are going back on EBay to buy another.