So I just ordered a Promag 12 Round Drum

Since MD arms isn't coming out with double stacks for what could be years, I thought now was a good time to add a new drum. I already own a MD 20 round drum I got on sale when they were $70-80. My gun came with a surefire 12 but it's ridiculously to long for any tactical purpose, i may cut it down to a 10.

All reviews seem positive about these drums as they copied MD's design. I know quality and tightness of fitting my MD has wont be as good, but the size and price won me over. $64 at midway, plus $10 off promo code = shipping free = $63.77

Maybe this is why mike decided not to produce double stacks, kinda hard to compete. 12 rounders are fairly small also, would probably be no problem carrying a few on a vest.

Any input on 10 round promag drums? Are they smaller? They are same price. Also midway shows the 12's with black color but I see they make covers in clear and smoke also. Can anyone confirm the midways are the black color? I prefer smoke color but for the price I can't complain.

Ok now no more shopping though until Christmas. Need to save money hopefully all of this stuff will continue to go up in value. "I bought Saiga 12 for around 700 June last year.

Edited by Kalashnikov Kyle

I'm real happy with my 12 round drum. I could have done a better job fitting it but... I have a couple MD20's and one fit right out of the box. I have a bunch of surefire 12's I bought off gb two years ago for $25 each. I have cut 2 down to 8 rounders and those and the 12 round drum are my favorite magazines. I need to cut some more down. I have some promags and I really don't have a problem with them but tehy are notorious for poor working ability....ftf fte??? no feed??? I don't know. I put silicone down them and they run fine. My one AGP ended up with a shattered spring but kevin replaced that no questions asked.

I might have to buy another one for $63.77 MIne was like $73 shipped from the gun source.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

I'm real happy with my 12 round drum. I could have done a better job fitting it but... I have a couple MD20's and one fit right out of the box. I have a bunch of surefire 12's I bought off gb two years ago for $25 each. I have cut 2 down to 8 rounders and those and the 12 round drum are my favorite magazines. I need to cut some more down. I have some promags and I really don't have a problem with them but tehy are notorious for poor working ability....ftf fte??? no feed??? I don't know. I put silicone down them and they run fine. My one AGP ended up with a shattered spring but kevin replaced that no questions asked.

I might have to buy another one for $63.77 Mine was like $73 shipped from the gun source.

I wish I had a few more mags but I think I have most tactical and survival scenarios filled now. If I had to strap down I could carry the MD 20, with pro drum in pouch surefire in vest and maybe cut it down, and 5 round mag in vest pouch also.

Anyone have experience carrying surefire 12 in mag vest/pouch or is it smarter to cut it to a 8 or 10 that way? Seems like it would be easier to carry.

Still 44-48 rounds of 12 gauge is enough for me until I get more money saved up and my finances straightened out lol. But for $63.77 i think it's a bargain with the good possibility of going up in value in the future.

I'm hoping for a snap in fit but I had to file the MD a bit to get it to work so we will see.

Since MD arms isn't coming out with double stacks for what could be years, I thought now was a good time to add a new drum. I already own a MD 20 round drum I got on sale when they were $70-80. My gun came with a surefire 12 but it's ridiculously to long for any tactical purpose, i may cut it down to a 10.

All reviews seem positive about these drums as they copied MD's design. I know quality and tightness of fitting my MD has wont be as good, but the size and price won me over. $64 at midway, plus $10 off promo code = shipping free = $63.77

Maybe this is why mike decided not to produce double stacks, kinda hard to compete. 12 rounders are fairly small also, would probably be no problem carrying a few on a vest.

Any input on 10 round promag drums? Are they smaller? They are same price. Also midway shows the 12's with black color but I see they make covers in clear and smoke also. Can anyone confirm the midways are the black color? I prefer smoke color but for the price I can't complain.

Ok now no more shopping though until Christmas. Need to save money hopefully all of this stuff will continue to go up in value. "I bought Saiga 12 for around 700 June last year.

Where can I get one of these and can I get the promo code too please?

Where can I get one of these and can I get the promo code too please?

Cancel my last request, I found it. Thanks for the tip.

ordered 3 myself at that price, hate doing buisness with non buisness members and/or not supporting our local guys.... but by my math.. I damn near bought 2 and got 1 free time it was all said and done. Just wish they had the smoke backs on em like the ones on the Estore to match my MD20s

why do I feel so bad for saveing 50 bucks, especially when the economy is tanking as bad as it is and the US Dollar is the prefered Bathtissue of choice for any non American :unsure:

I've been happy with my 12 rounder so far.

I don't know why people keep asking for the double stacks....these little drums kick ass.

Stick mags are nice for the guys with folding stocks on their guns

• Like 2

Just got the 3 I ordered, 2 fit nice, 1 is VERY loose though functional... if it wears too much while fireing though... I may have to superglue some plexiglass shims on it or something.

still, damn nice little drums. I like em

How did you get free shipping?

My 12 rd drum locked in right out of the box, has a little sideways play but nothing I cant live with for the price. Have dumped a couple of drums out of it and it has worked fine. How long it will work fine only time will tell

The rds do rattle in the drum though.

Just got the 3 I ordered, 2 fit nice, 1 is VERY loose though functional... if it wears too much while fireing though... I may have to superglue some plexiglass shims on it or something.

still, damn nice little drums. I like em

If you or someone else comes up with a good way to fix the wiggle let us know.