A Serious Question For Gun Owner Christians

This is a really serious question. I ask it because I want to see what others believe. We are in a position now in the USA...that Economic Collapse is a looming possibility, and it appears more and more obvious that the entire system is being run by an elite international group of bankers and political leaders our own country included.

I am a Christian. I think whether we see a collapse or not that we should not live in fear. This does become difficult when such fear mongering seems to be evermore prevailing. But it seems with good reason.

This article posts alot of opinions but what was encouraging to me is the beginning of it. Which calls on believers to not be afraid.

The following information is pretty serious and I think merits some attention by anyone who has eyes and ears.

Christian Faith, Economic Collapse, Hard Times, Where Does That Leave You?

What will you do when / if America's Economic system collapses and there are bands of hungry people roaming about ready to take what you have prepared for such a time? What if the bank runs started tomorrow? And runs on food stores started the next day? What comes after all the food and cash is gone? How long? What would you do?

• Like 2

This is a really serious question. I ask it because I want to see what others believe. We are in a position now in the USA...that Economic Collapse is a looming possibility, and it appears more and more obvious that the entire system is being run by an elite international group of bankers and political leaders our own country included.

I am a Christian. I think whether we see a collapse or not that we should not live in fear. This does become difficult when such fear mongering seems to be evermore prevailing. But it seems with good reason.

This article posts alot of opinions but what was encouraging to me is the beginning of it. Which calls on believers to not be afraid.

The following information is pretty serious and I think merits some attention by anyone who has eyes and ears.

What will you do when / if America's Economic system collapses and there are bands of hungry people roaming about ready to take what you have prepared for such a time? What if the bank runs started tomorrow? And runs on food stores started the next day? What comes after all the food and cash is gone? How long? What would you do?

You or I, neither one would ever hurt anyone unless we were backed into a corner. When God sent the Israelites out to fight, He told them to take out every man, woman and child. That sounds harsh, but it eliminated the battle with those children when they grew up. Matthew10:16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents, and innocent as doves." History tells us that our enemy would disarm us to take us over. (i.e. Hitler etc.) I believe that being shrewd involves having this foresight and preventing it fromhappening.

The following links are to an interview with FarFAL who has lived through in Argentina what may be coming our way

Pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEarthAwakens01#p/u/11/3rcJfGmSuWs

Pt.2

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEarthAwakens01#p/u/12/zIc4tHXKUWE

Pt.3

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEarthAwakens01#p/u/13/PhSyyl8NylM

I intend to be shrewd and God will provide.

• Like 2

Protect yourself and your family from those who would take what you have by force or do you harm.

Help those who ASK for help to the best of your ability.

Speaking as an imperfect Christian, that's how I see it.

• Like 2

[/quote

If it comes to that I'll look at it this way.... If god didn't want me to shoot someone to protect myself or my family then he would'nt have given me a working Trigger Finger so LET IT RAIN is what i'm gonna do

Edited by pony_express1973

You or I, neither one would ever hurt anyone unless we were backed into a corner. When God sent the Israelites out to fight, He told them to take out every man, woman and child. That sounds harsh, but it eliminated the battle with those children when they grew up. Matthew10:16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents, and innocent as doves." History tells us that our enemy would disarm us to take us over. (i.e. Hitler etc.) I believe that being shrewd involves having this foresight and preventing it fromhappening.

The following links are to an interview with FarFAL who has lived through in Argentina what may be coming our way

Pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEarthAwakens01#p/u/11/3rcJfGmSuWs

Pt.2

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEarthAwakens01#p/u/12/zIc4tHXKUWE

Pt.3

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEarthAwakens01#p/u/13/PhSyyl8NylM

I intend to be shrewd and God will provide.

Well said!!!

Protect yourself and your family from those who would take what you have by force or do you harm.

Exactly,

layin down ones life for a brother is another that comes to mind.

Bible says don't murder, not kill.

Also, the rapture is rubbish, so better settle that with your soul as well

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

+1

+2, cause that's how many they bought, lol, they were goin above and beyond what jesus asked for, LOVE IT!!!

Why does the convo always end when I show up to the thread?????

I dunno.

I do know that your avatar reminds me of this:

http://youtu.be/WhwbxEfy7fg

(j/k)

We don't really KNOW that.

Edited by Spartacus

I will probably consider people who espouse end of days eagerness and other extreme religious beliefs as dangerous and take guard against them.

How does it go? Fundamentalism and literalism go hand in hand? I won't give such nonsense an inch if there's no law to protect me from it.

Please take the fundy religion to the political section.

I will probably consider people who espouse end of days eagerness and other extreme religious beliefs as dangerous and take guard against them.

How does it go? Fundamentalism and literalism go hand in hand? I won't give such nonsense an inch if there's no law to protect me from it.

+1... You guys creep me the fuck out.

• Like 1

If you present no threat we are the best of neighbors. People that can't see because they choose not to creep me out. I don't spend much time worrying about it though. :)

• Like 1

If you present no threat we are the best of neighbors. People that can't see because they choose not to creep me out. I don't spend much time worrying about it though. :)

+1

Not many people can see the future (I can't), but if you pay attention to what's going on in the world and in our country, you can make some pretty good guesses on what the future may look like. The "truth" looks like it's coming down the tracks like a freight train. As well as man made SHTF, we also have historical, scientific evidence of global natural SHTF.

Hope and pray for the best, plan for the worst.

Why does the convo always end when I show up to the thread?????

I dunno.

I do know that your avatar reminds me of this:

http://youtu.be/WhwbxEfy7fg

(j/k)

We don't really KNOW that.

Ok, I will.concede that. I guess I would re phrase to say, contrary to popular belief, I don't feel that's the way its gonna play out.

+1

Not many people can see the future (I can't), but if you pay attention to what's going on in the world and in our country, you can make some pretty good guesses on what the future may look like. The "truth" looks like it's coming down the tracks like a freight train. As well as man made SHTF, we also have historical, scientific evidence of global natural SHTF.

Hope and pray for the best, plan for the worst.

It's not that. I agree with that. There are hard economic times ahead of us but the question posed by the OP was how do I blow away hungry people and avoid the devil. Then you get members pouring through scripture to find a loophole. weird.

I don't really care what anyone worships... In hard times, if you respect my property, my life, and are willing to be honest in dealing, I'll count you as a friend. Those "Old Fashioned" values are most often found in households that are "traditional/conservative" enough to also be religious. However, I'm quite certain there are a large number of men in prison, and in every riot from Watts to LA '92, to the animals in Philly and Wisconsin, who also come from religious households/families.... but not "traditional/conservative" ones where pride was taught and others were to be respected.

Religion is one symptom of a strong upbringing, not really the cause, or even the leading indicator. IMHO

I'll stand by your side as long as you are a lover of Liberty... Mormon, Catholic, Amish, Muslim, Baptist or otherwise. Cheers!

• Like 1

Ok, sorry, I'm not Christian, failed miserably even when trying to be, but that one little commandment always seems to be a sticking point. Silly really. It says "Thou shalt not kill(ei murder)" iirc, NOT "Thou shalt not defend yourself, family, property or an innocent". Seems to me, those that use it as a stopper, are just trying to wimp out on their OBLIGATION to do the above. Like "If God says I can't, then I don't even have to try."

Honestly, if you have to ask, you likely wont make it anyway. But good luck and keep your head down.

This is exactly how I see it as a heathen athiest ^^^.

I would do as any other man would, defend my family to the death, against all opponents. Now its understood that this is a situation, where there is no law, except the enemys , and where there is no negotiation left, there is only violence. That is my worst nightmare, having to try to get my family though and out the other side of this type of scenario.

I also wonder if this kind of thing may happen if the govt takes away welfare, and the dependant people have nowhere else to turn, exept to take from the more fortunate, through any means necessary. What would they do if they couldnt count on uncle sam for their money? I dout the answer is, find work.

I am such a small fish in a huge pond, and Im not alone. We would have to act together, in order to survive. Especially in such long odds. Christian or not.

Edited by Boomsick42
  • Like 2

Yes indeed,

I honestly think we should all take guard against all fanaticism. Wether it be religion based or otherwise. This kind of shit gets innocent people killed and hurts countless others. Radical islam, extreme versions of chrisianity, or any type of comunist like absolutism, needs to be crushed like a fuckin bug, in order to keep a free american way of life. This is why we need to be carefull who is elected to office. Just one person in an influential position can infect litetally millions of nonthinkers with his own self / cause motivated agenda, just because some people need something to believe in, no matter how harmful or implausable.

Thank goodness we do live in the USA, and we can vote, and have rights that come from the original framework that started this country. Alot of third world countries only go by the mantra of its current ruler, and thats what makes them so unstable. The usa has alot of good folk that live here, that will defend it and its principles. And thats why Im so happy to have been born here. Even though we have irresponsible people leading us for the moment, we can change that, some others dont have that luxury.

• Like 1