What do you think the next hot thing is?

I remember almost buying a Saiga 12 in early 2006 when the wait was so terrible but they were only 3-400 bucks. I remember I stopped when a friend told me how much he hated his AK and how they were cheap etc.... At the time I did not have an AK and didn't know much about them. Of course he had a 10rd WASR when they were not very good at the time. Knew I should have gone on my gut instinct then and bought a truckload of Saiga 12's. That and loading up on decent SKS's when they were $75 a whack make me want to kick myself.

Missed buying Saiga 12's at $300 a whack in 2006, and SKS's for $75 each about the same time. Next year is election year and who knows what the fuck is going to happen with ammo and gun prices and availability. Seems the initial shock of Obama has worn off since Ammo is at least available but the prices are now double or more. If that dumb shit gets reelected again, which wouldn't suprise me if the Republicans put some total dumb shit that nobody wants up to run against him. If he gets reelected you can bet he will fuck gun owners in this country somehow. I'm thinking assault rifles, high cap mags, bump fire stocks and ammo will be increasing in value very quickly. But what seems to climb fast are imports right now. While I have seen Mosin Nagants coming in stagnating the market and the same with Walther P1's there has to be something out there that is cheap and worth the wait as it may become one of the next pieces to double or triple in value very quickly. Anyone have any ideas as to what is out there right now and is very reasonable and has great potential?

Twelve gauge ammo is prob safe and sounds like its easy to reload your own.....

As for the ass clown in office....hopefully all the people that voted for him "just because he is black" and those who think they are "entitled" and didnt get thier red carpet rolled out to them arent stupid enough to vote him back in

Iirc, isn't the 30-30 a rimmed cartridge, like the x54r. Might limit mag capacity as well. I'd prefer to stock up on x39, you know, "Grandfathering in" and all that, lol. But it's a good idea to sell after such a ban had gone into effect. Kinda like the Romaks but better.

The problem with asking a question like this, is that the time to buy "the next hot thing" is when nobody else wants it. No one is going to tell you to buy a gun that they don't already want themselves.....and if they already want it, it's too late, and not the NEXT best thing.

Tony

• Like 1

The problem with asking a question like this, is that the time to buy "the next hot thing" is when nobody else wants it. No one is going to tell you to buy a gun that they don't already want themselves.....and if they already want it, it's too late, and not the NEXT best thing.

Tony

Tony is the .410\ 30-30 idea possible\economical?

My guess is under priced Draco's, Mosin, and possibly Bulgarian AK kits will be the next thing many will miss out on. Seems like you just need to watch the flow of things and know when to buy when things are plentyful and cheap. Saiga's, SKS, PSL's, and several AK parts kits with barrels were all priced to buy within the last 6 years at some point. Just look for what's priced to buy now with decent quality and high import levels. Same rule applies to ammo. Very few gun related items ever decrease in value, at some point supply runs out or demand jumps and takes the price with it.

• Like 1

My guess is under priced Draco's, Mosin, and possibly Bulgarian AK kits will be the next thing many will miss out on. Seems like you just need to watch the flow of things and know when to buy when things are plentyful and cheap. Saiga's, SKS, PSL's, and several AK parts kits with barrels were all priced to buy within the last 6 years at some point. Just look for what's priced to buy now with decent quality and high import levels. Same rule applies to ammo. Very few gun related items ever decrease in value, at some point supply runs out or demand jumps and takes the price with it.

i completely agree, especially about dracos. it seems like they arent as well known as i would have thought, and they certainly arent very expensive either.

bullpuping any firearm seems like the logical thing to do in favor of maximizing barrel length while minimizing the overall length, but god help me, i just dont like the way most bull pup rifles and shotguns look, with one major exception being the FN P90. those are freakin sexy!!

if I could sit on a case of only 1 weapon with intent of turning a profit off it at a later date.... ATM without question, Romanian RPK AES 10B. 699.00 for these guns is a sad joke and I fully expect once the source dries up, they'll be 1500.00 each instantly and 3500.00+ within 5 to 7 years

just my personal thoughts on it

Draco's would be my second guess....YMMV

Edited by datrowl

if I could sit on a case of only 1 weapon with intent of turning a profit off it at a later date.... ATM without question, Romanian RPK AES 10B. 699.00 for these guns is a sad joke and I fully expect once the source dries up, they'll be 1500.00 each instantly and 3500.00+ within 5 to 7 years

just my personal thoughts on it

Draco's would be my second guess....YMMV

I just picked up an AES 10B for... $600 and a draco a few months ago for $400. The RPK was bought, never fired, and sold back to the shop where I bought it. Now it's home is with me!

Edited by dayofruin

.22 lr.

The venerable .22 will see an enormous increase in popularity. Manufacturers will make guns in all shapes and sizes never seen before in this caliber.

The cost of ammo will drive this. It's getting where a day at the range with family and friends and some centerfire rifles easily costs $300 to $500. For 50 bucks, the whole fam damily can shoot .22s till their fingers are too tired to pull the trigger anymore.

As for the 30-30 idea I like it and it is possible if tony can make a .444 marlin a 30-30 should be possible. As for the next hot thing AMMO that is how they are going to ban guns by over pricing ammo, The mayor of Baltimore wants to put a $1.00 per round tax on ammo and even if the asshole in charge doesn't sign the UN arms treaty other countries will and that will stop them from exporting ammo from there countries to the U.S. so the ammo supply will dry up. Just my tinfoil hat wearing opinion. :bag:

• Like 1

As for the 30-30 idea I like it and it is possible if tony can make a .444 marlin a 30-30 should be possible. As for the next hot thing AMMO that is how they are going to ban guns by over pricing ammo, The mayor of Baltimore wants to put a $1.00 per round tax on ammo and even if the asshole in charge doesn't sign the UN arms treaty other countries will and that will stop them from exporting ammo from there countries to the U.S. so the ammo supply will dry up. Just my tinfoil hat wearing opinion. :bag:

I buy quite a bit of the imported russian stuff, mainly tulammo as of late. I pay $4.97 per box of 7.62x39 and .223 at Wal-Mart. Given the fact that importation equals additional cost to the consumer for the product, WHY HASN'T AN AMERICAN COMPANY STEPPED UP TO PRODUCE A SIMILAR PRODUCT OF EQUAL QUALITY FOR A CHEAPER PRICE, OR BETTER QUALITY PRODUCT FOR THE SAME PRICE as tulammo? Are we so dependent on imported goods that we simply can't produce on our own? Yeah... this stuff is steel cased, some say of poor quality, but my draco and my AR both eat it like a fat kid eats snack cakes. (fat kid here)

So... would stopping the importation of ammo be such a bad thing? (probably gonna get rocks thrown at me for this comment :unsure: )

I just see no reason these imported munitions can't be produced here and cost less (as well as a quality AK variant that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.. like a stamped american model thats beats or meets the wasr price without the century quality issues). Who wouldn't want to see a nice price drop on the ammo that we all use. ?

The next hot thing: AMERICAN MADE

Bring industry back here and help our economy to recover. America needs to become the producer of quality goods that it used to be.

Edited by dayofruin

One reason is WAGES! Even with shipping its still cheaper then US ammo because they can mass produce it on a greater scale and not have to pay someone $15/hr to do it! The part of the Soviet Union I came from, right now a good paycheck is $150/mo. If you can work for $150 a month for a company that makes ammo im sure they could sell it for $5 per box.

That's just one of the many reasons its cheaper.

Not saying its right but it is what it is.

Edited by Arik

One reason is WAGES! Even with shipping its still cheaper then US ammo because they can mass produce it on a greater scale and not have to pay someone $15/hr to do it! The part of the Soviet Union I came from, right now a good paycheck is $150/mo. If you can work for $150 a month for a company that makes ammo im sure they could sell it for $5 per box.

That's just one of the many reasons its cheaper.

Not saying its right but it is what it is.

Didn't take the wage difference into consideration as much. What I'm mostly getting at is, for example, remmington umc is roughly $10-$12 per box for .223. Brass case. "nice" package with a plastic tray featuring a slot for each round. How much of that $10-$12 that we pay is for the larger packaging and brass. I see some cost that could be cut there.

I guess another question would be: Would steel cased econo-ammo be able to be ran on the same tooling as the more expensive brass case.

That too. Along with fancy graphics and advertisment. I never see Tula, Bear, Wolf or NFS directly advertised in magazines. Not unless it a distributor selling the product. Another thing the CCCP and now Russia was good at was mass production on a massive scale. If it was good for the government, once the bugs were worked out, production never stoped or slowed down unless it was deemed no longer needed. I bet the stuff we get now was made years ago.

Back on topic. I find that when something first comes here its fairly cheap until word spreads, the product becomes popular and the stock dries up. Then it doubles in price. This is usually when im not interested. Like the $150 unissued Yugo SKSs. Now in the $300 and im interested but don't want to spend the money knowing I could have had it for 1/2. So now if its cheap I buy it because chances are ill want one when the price doubles!

Edited by Arik

I'm learning the same things. Lol! Like with the RPK I just bought. Or the S12 I turned down when it was $300. Finally bought one when they hit $500.

The only ammo I've seen advertised, of those, is wolf. But it was in a magazine. It's just surprising to me that no American company has picked up an "economy" line. I couldn't care less for fancy packaging or tons of advertisement. I mean look at the 7.76x54 surplus. Local shops sell it in the paper wrapper with a price sticker. Lol!