I bought a Stoeger SxS Double Trigger Coachgun Supreme with internal chokes in polished nickle with gloss walnut a while back. smile.png

Stoeger2031482--Image.jpg

Beautiful weapon.

The internal chokes make the barrel look flared, the gun's the perfect size & it's fun to hold & shoot...

Especially when putting 1/4 lb of lead downrange with 1 pull of the 2 triggers. 027.gif

Here's it's virgin shot;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cHeFEzKwTA

Here's it's second shot...... Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QSObMLU7fk

Yeah... Don't give the girl the Coachgun loaded with magnum rounds for a laugh, unless you're just itching to replace the stock on your brand new shotgun...... rolleyes.gif

• Like 7

Ouch, she is pretty

She is.

She's been an actress in Burn Notice & a recent independent film that's set to be released in a couple months.

She can really handle the S-12, even with high brass but she wasn't expecting the massive recoil of the Stoeger SxS compaired to the S-12.

This is her first time ever shooting a shotgun a while back;

• Like 1

Haven't had my coach gun grow wings yet but I've had it just about knock a few shooters on their asses... :lolol:

Too bad the stock on that beauty got busted up.. I guess if the stock doesn't cost an arm and a leg it's not bad considering the laugh you got out of it. biggrin.png Not sure what they run, haven't run across any yet.

Funny video.

One question, why is the term "coach gun" now suddenly in vogue? To me, that's a double barreled shotgun, enough said.

I don't know, I think because the name of the model of firearm is "Coach Gun".

http://www.stoegerin...gun_supreme.php

I have a Remington SxS with a 30" barrel....

That's not a coach gun.

But my 20" SxS with internal chokes, is defined as a coach-gun by style & also designated so by name.

Goes back to stage coach use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ipllPhEDk

How are you managing to launch both barrels with one trigger pull?

It has 2 triggers.

One for each barrel. biggrin.png

Sweet shotty Pauly, question though, where do you go shooting at?? Cause it seems like all your videos are of you on the side of the road somewhere!!! LOL

I can't stand range-nazis.

I never have been able to stand them.

I go way up logging roads.

It's more scenic & I don't have to deal with boners of any type.

The place I normally shoot in Molalla has been closed down for a while now, so this is up in the woods of Woodland Wa.

I make free standing Target stands out of 1" x 1" wood with cardboard boxes as mounting surfaces so I can set them up anywhere, even if there's no trees for pistol shooting.

I had the base model coach gun and pulling both trigger took some getting used too. The rear trigger is lighter than the front trigger because it has more leverage. I always got the rapid 2 shot burst at 1000 rounds a minute instad of one big bang haha. I loved it.

I have a Stoeger Coachgun SxS, but mine is a brushed/matte Stainless model.

I love my Coachgun, and regularly try to rip a shot out of both barrels. Haven't put Magnums through it yet, but I tried some Winchester 2 3/4" full brass 00 loads(the plain jane cardboard box, OD-colored shells) in it, and it knocked me back a step. On a side note, these loads are dirty as hell; fired only 5 rounds of these, but my barrels looked as though I had shot about 30 through them.

BUT!

I love the chokes on this thing. Very tight spread patterns with 00 Buck @ 7 yards(practicing home defense), especially so when I used the Centurion Buck & Ball loads.

----For those not already familiar with these shells, they are loaded with a single(1) .650 lead ball, backed with six(6) #1 Buckshot pellets

This gun, at 7 yards, put all of that lead into a space barely the size of a Kennedy Half-Dollar. I can't even imagine the kind of shock that kind of impact can inflict, but a man who had been a medic with the 32nd Wisconsin claimed that the pellets of #1, once they impacted the stopped .650 ball, would spread out into a massive cavity wound.

I don't discount his claim, but I would love to see this performed with Ballistic Gelatin.

In closing, I love this gun. It is a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

Pauly, what I meant was, that type of gun has been around a long, long, long time. Way before the

designer term coach gun came out. But, go ahead and throw all the attitude you want.

Without reading what Pauly linked there, I'd imagine that the term "Coachgun" refers to the short length of the barrels. In the late 1800s, the 'shotgun' passenger would have a double-barreled shotgun which was shorter than the typical gun of that type, so as to avoid striking the driver of the stagecoach wagon in a fight, should there be the need to swing their weapon from side-to-side.

I'm not sure if the term was adopted back then, but that is why I believe the short side-by-sides are referred to as "Coachguns". :)

Sorry if I was being redundant. I am being affected by the Miller/Coors strain of intoxication.