Which magazines for HD, and how do you store your S-12?

182 members have voted

1. 1. What is your HD Saiga magazine choice?

• Factory 5 round
    • Izzy 8 round
    • Aftermarket box (surefire, agp, promag)
    • MD-20 or Promag 20 drum
    • Promag minidrum (10-12 rounds)
  2. 2. Given only these options, what would you choose?

• 2 factory 5's
    • MD-20

Factory 5 round mag with Centurion Buck and ball.

Same. But good luck getting that ball to hit anything accurately past 25 yards. Luckily my house at it's longest length is shorter then 15.

I have 20 5 rounders strategically placed around the house in certain key points to where I can hunker down and hold back any would-be intruder (that includes an act of mistaken house/identity by LEO) If it ever gets REALLY bad I have two 20 round magazines in my bedroom which is at the furthest back corner of my home. At that point it's game on and good luck trying to get past my door. Unless you have a sniper perched on my neighbors roof with a means of seeing heat signature through my wall. Then I'm fucked regardless.

If you have SWAT or SERT conducting a no knock and they are on their game when it comes to clearing rooms, you are fucked anyway. You may get the drop on one but the others in the stack are going to finish what he started.

• Like 2
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know, I know... I'm going to get mega flamed by the suck-ups, "LEO's", and groupies... But it NEEDS said.   The fact that this is a JOKE to some is VERY demonstrative and instructive on our societ

Magazines? I use linked belts.

Where i live,if they break into your castle,you can kill them if life is threaten...not all people live in Massachusetts,California or New York.   When i say running Target i did not say the word ..

Posted Images

Factory 5 round mag with Centurion Buck and ball.

Same. But good luck getting that ball to hit anything accurately past 25 yards. Luckily my house at it's longest length is shorter then 15.

I have 20 5 rounders strategically placed around the house in certain key points to where I can hunker down and hold back any would-be intruder (that includes an act of mistaken house/identity by LEO) If it ever gets REALLY bad I have two 20 round magazines in my bedroom which is at the furthest back corner of my home. At that point it's game on and good luck trying to get past my door. Unless you have a sniper perched on my neighbors roof with a means of seeing heat signature through my wall. Then I'm fucked regardless.

If you have SWAT or SERT conducting a no knock and they are on their game when it comes to clearing rooms, you are fucked anyway. You may get the drop on one but the others in the stack are going to finish what he started.

Very true but best to be held up where you can reload fast or swap guns fast.

000 Buck in a .410 shell is what? Four pellets?

4 or 5

Even if it were one, would you want to be on the receiving end?

Not me.

From what I've experienced with the judge pistol personally, yeah, I'll stand in front of you thirty feet away with my S-12 ...

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

for HD this is a big gun unless you SBS it. I'd probably go with something else unless you have a SBS. The factory mags are what i'd use because it has to be bet your life on it reliable.

store it loaded with an 8rd in the gun + 1.

ETA the gun should hold enough ammo you dont need to worry about carrying extra mags in your underwear.

Edited by mike123456

The KSG12 or UTS15 would honestly be a better option for the HD guys. I know you all love the saiga but a compact 26in-28in pump is better than a saiga 31in folded stock or 36in with collapsed M4 stock.

Edited by mike123456

The KSG12 or UTS15 would honestly be a better option for the HD guys. I know you all love the saiga but a compact 26in-28in pump is better than a saiga 31in folded stock or 36in with collapsed M4 stock.

I'll disagree with that. With my S12 setup it doesn't kick almost at all due to how it is weighted. The KSG12 is a mule, I'd take the longer S12 any day. It's back weighted so it swings nicely, has almost no recoil and if someone wants to try grabbing the barrel well good luck with that wink.png.

As for how to store it, I have it next to the bed with 2x 10 rnd mags, one with buckshot the other with low-recoil hollow point slugs. The mags are not loaded into the gun. I have a p226 with a red dot laser, 15 loaded but decocked on the night stand. p226 is to give me time to load the S12, then its the wife's weapon.

Edited by dcgregorya

Some of you have way too much time on your hands....

Ever been robbed/mugged? If you ever are, you'll think less of HD as a time waster and more as just a basic insurance policy. I've been mugged a couple times when I was a teen and had two houses broken into over the years. Now that I have a baby, I know if someone tries to get into my house and I'm home they're going to leave in a pine box.

• Like 1

Now that I have a baby, I know if someone tries to get into my house and I'm home they're going to leave in a pine box.

Actually, they would leave in a body bag. But I know what you're saying ....

• Like 1

Ever been robbed/mugged? If you ever are, you'll think less of HD as a time waster and more as just a basic insurance policy. I've been mugged a couple times when I was a teen and had two houses broken into over the years. Now that I have a baby, I know if someone tries to get into my house and I'm home they're going to leave in a pine box.

I had someone try to carjack me once does that count?

I don't think home defense is a time waster but I do think ad nauseum polls about what others would are.

Nor do I discuss my HD preparations on an internet forum.

But what do I know, I am sure you are far more experienced than I am at dealing with bad guys and firearms.

• Like 2

I don't think home defense is a time waster but I do think ad nauseum polls about what others would are.

But what do I know, I am sure you are far more experienced than I am at dealing with bad guys and firearms.

Heh. Maybe not, I don't deal with many bad guys. You're definitely more experienced at being a condescending ass though. I initially thought your post was along the lines of there's no need to worry about protecting yourself in your home against home invasion, now though I'm getting the idea you're just mostly trolling.

Edited to contain less harsh curse words.

Edited by dcgregorya

Heh. Maybe not, I don't deal with many bad guys. You're definitely more experienced at being a condescending ass though. I initially thought your post was along the lines of there's no need to worry about protecting yourself in your home against home invasion, now though I'm getting the idea you're just mostly trolling.

Edited to contain less harsh curse words.

My original response wasn't even to you but you chose to take offense to it.

You need to grow a thicker skin or keep yer puppy ass on the porch.

My original response wasn't even to you but you chose to take offense to it.

You need to grow a thicker skin or keep yer puppy ass on the porch.

Alternatively you can avoid posting until you have something worth a shit to say. :)

Edited by dcgregorya

I think a factory 5 rounder with the bolt open and ready to load is a good option. The sound would be like a pump in that it would likely scare off an intruder and if it doesn't, you are ready to go pretty quickly. If you have the option of a 8 or 10 rounder that may be even better, depending on if one of these roaming gangs of muggers is the group involved in this home invasion 022.gif

Edited by VR6Shooter

So just to clarify-- you are too smart and your time is too valuable to discuss your thinking about HD strategy online

However your time is not too valuable to read other people's.

More over you are not above telling us this, and have plenty of time to do so.

You will get along great with Mr. Hopkins. I think I have read more than six threads where he condescended to tell us that he was above the discussion. It might be more productive for you guys to just PM back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of an anecdote relayed years ago: A number of experts/afficionados/et al were discussing which was better--the 45 ACP or th 9x19. A retired police chief told them they were all wrong. When he was asked what he preferred, he told them 38 special. when asked why, he replied because he had his on him and the others wer, at the time, unarmed. Rule 1: Have a gun.

That being said, my duty sidearm is close at hand when I sleep. Speaking of duty, The RCW (Revised Code of Washington)states that, if a fleeing felon can't be stopped by any other means and I believe the perp will, if not stopped, repeat with as bad or worse, the perp is fair game. Departmental ppolicy says the same thing. However; I wouldn't really want to put it to the test...

As far as their being unarmed, in the last 20 years in Seattle, a small group of young men beat a homeless man to death...precedent...

Besides being off topic,

That is not an accurate statement of WA law. There must also be an imminent threat of severe harm to the officer or someone the officer has a duty to protect. Washington and all other states are required to follow the Tennessee v. Garner rule.

I usually don't use the S12 for a HD/night stand gun but if and when I do. Its condition 1 for me. Shell chambered, full izzy 8, hammer cocked, and saftey on. Its usually just me and the dogs so i'm not worried about a loaded firearm in my bedroom. It's saftey off and ready to go...