I love a good foldin knife. I only have two at the moment, a benchmade presidio hybrid ( presidio ultra handle with the thicker presidio blade )

and a benchmade bedlam manual.

The presidio Ive had awhile that I use as an EDC. Its awesome, solid lockup and its tough as nails. Ive used it in various EDC choirs as well as

dumb shit like stabbing it through old microwaves and those big drums.

I just picked up the bedlam and plan on using it as a defensive blade for when I dont have my pistol on my hip ( bar and work ) its a damn sweet

blade.

In the next couple months I plan on picking up a benchmade auto stryker and mini relex, both autos that I plan on using.

How do you all usually carry your blade? I never use my pocket, I clip it in the middle of my pants right above my junk, so its more hidden

and I can grab it with both hands.

So what do you carry?

Edited by GREYLUPO

Gerber Fast draw. I love it. super fast spring assist with solid lockup. It is designed to deploy when pulled out of the back pocket a certain way. For $30 you cant go wrong. I also have the mini kabar Law enforcement style knife that hangs around my neck. I think its the TDI. You barely notice its there and holds an edge really well for its size.

EDIT: I also always have my cold steel SRK bowie knife in my truck. I secured the polymer sheath right behind my stick shift so when its needed I just grab and go.

post-27610-0-78464800-1326163719.jpgpost-27610-0-55034700-1326163750.jpg

Edited by foreign firearm fiend

Kershaw cyclone in right pocket. Sog pentagon elite 4" in utility pocket on right thigh. And ontario knives shiv in custom pocket sheath in left pocket with teather so I can pull it out and the sheath will hook on my pocket and stay in. Also a glock 23 in black hawk on right hip and glock 22 mag in custom made holder on left hip. Also iPhone left back pocket and keys with tether so I can pull them out of my left back pocket. Man it's like I'm bat man.

• Like 1

6 bucks and no change (odd for me) in my right pocket, little walmart gerber folder in my left pocket, and my duct tape wallet in my back right. I'm not big on knives, as like stated above, I've had some expensive ones before that always get lost, sunk or destroyed. You can talk quality all you want... no damn pocket knife is worth 300 bucks.

I work at a public university, so right now all I have in my pocket is a keyring-sized canister of pepper spray and a little Maglite-brand flashlight. dry.png

I have a Cold Steel "tanto" Recon 1, a collapsible baton, and my Springfield 1911 waiting at home. wub.png I also have a full-size KA-BAR, but it's too long to legally carry in TN.

Edited by ScuseMePrincess

Benchmade AFO in my pocket at this time. I either carry it or an Auto Stryker daily. I also have a Benchmade Nimravus fixed blade which is a sweet blade as well. I have a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn folder I used to carry before getting both autos. It's a nice blade too.

Spyderco is by far my favorite. Sadly most of mine got stolen a few months ago. I love the 3rd gen plain edge Endura, but those are getting very hard to find. The were perfect in shape and great steel, but they would wear over time and the clip tends to cam out. The 4th gen is better on paper but way worse in the hand. So I have the limited edition G10 Flat ground endura as my EDC, and a delica with grey FRN handles and the flat ground blade for when I go on campus. I prefer the FRN for grip, weight and balance.

To my mind, the ideal practical knife would be constructed exactly as the current 4th gen Spyderco Endura/Delica with the flat ground blade.(4 way movable pocket clip, skeletonized stainless liners, bronze bushings and adjustable hub tension) The Shape of the blade, heft and handle contours of the first through third generations were perfect. Ugly, but exactly the right curvature and size to my taste. The old handles of the enduras were slightly different in the shape of the outline. This encouraged more of a handshake grip than a hammer grip, and angled the blade downward when held slightly. The current one looks similar, but in the hand is effectively a straight handle in line with where a fixed tang would be. The new delicas with the flat grind are still pretty good. The handle ergonomics make it feel like a bigger knife when you are cutting, and smaller in your pocket. The standard blades of the 4th gen are dissapointing. they are made to very high standards, but the shape is all wrong where the old ones were all right. They are optimised for durability, the grind angle is too blunt and the blade feels thick when cutting. The blade feels too straight to be a good slicer. The point is dropped so that it is blunt, and turns up at the end with a radius that is just a little too sharp so that the perfect point control is gone. The option of ZDP 189 on a cheap production knife is awesome , but they only offered it with the crummy blade shape. Sadly like most new one-hand knives they all have the locking mechanism and cam surface shaped to resist gravity opening. I can do it, but it went from effortless to difficult.

post-17871-0-31320400-1326164622_thumb.jpgpost-17871-0-38862000-1326164660_thumb.jpg

I was given my first spyderco back when they first came out. I used it constantly for 8 years before I lost it. I tried to make do with cheap knives for a while, but I hated them. I would rather deal snipe on ebay for a used quality knife than put up with a crummy one that is clumsy and won't hold a fine edge under rough use.

You can get a decent knife $25 -35 that is acceptable. I haven't found a $10 knife that I was ever happy with. Byrd is a good cheap knife, and I have enjoyed a couple smaller gerbers like the Magnum JR that cost around $15. (Mine was free with some Federal .22lr, and was a great little knife) The Ken onion Kershaw knives are another good quality cheaper knife. My preference is generally to get a knife that retails for $65- $90 used on ebay for ~$20 rather than a $20 knife.

When I do any work project, people always ask to borrow my knife. I try to keep a $10 knife in my left pocket for that. Especially if my dad is present. I was given an heirloom old timer knife with carbon steel blade by my grandfather. My dad asked to borrow it and used it to scrape the battery posts of his truck, etching the blade with acid. Later I lent it to him and he lost it. The next time, I had a $3 knife, and he arced it across the terminals and made a couple of weld marks. Lesson learned.

my edc is a spyderco military, all black in s30v. sometimes i rotate with a sprint manix 2 in cts-bd30p.

theres no compromise for a quality knife, be it benchmade, spyderco, emerson etc...

Edited by Captain Hero

my edc is a spyderco military, all black in s30v. sometimes i rotate with a sprint manix 2 in cts-bd30p.

theres no compromise for a quality knife, be it benchmade, spyderco, emerson etc...

I actually sent an Emerson cqc 7 back to Emerson today with a note that said "hard use knife my ass"

Last week I stabbed a burnt out light bulb that was in my trash bag and it rolled the tip! I couldnt focking believe it. I also bent the edge cutting a tiny bit opening a zip tie. It also had lots of blade play because they use silicone washers and their will be movement unless you tighten it so much that its almost impossible to open one handed. I used to love Emerson knives, until I got one.

I wonder what his response will be. If he sends me a new one Ill put it up for graps here.

I actually sent an Emerson cqc 7 back to Emerson today with a note that said "hard use knife my ass"

Last week I stabbed a burnt out light bulb that was in my trash bag and it rolled the tip! I couldnt focking believe it. I also bent the edge cutting a tiny bit opening a zip tie.

It must be the heat treat because my benchmade uses the same steel (154cm) and its tough a focking nails.

It also had lots of blade play because they use silicone washers and their will be movement unless you tighten it so much that its almost impossible to open one handed. I used to love Emerson knives, until I got one.

I wonder what his response will be. If he sends me a new one Ill put it up for graps here.

[

Last week I stabbed a burnt out light bulb that was in my trash bag and it rolled the tip! I couldnt focking believe it. I also bent the edge cutting a tiny bit opening a zip tie.

It must be the heat treat because my benchmade uses the same steel (154cm) and its tough a focking nails.

It also had lots of blade play because they use silicone washers and their will be movement unless you tighten it so much that its almost impossible to open one handed. I used to love Emerson knives, until I got one.

Last week I stabbed a burnt out light bulb that was in my trash bag and it rolled the tip! I couldnt focking believe it. I also bent the edge cutting a tiny bit opening a zip tie. It also had lots of blade play because they use silicone washers and their will be movement unless you tighten it so much that its almost impossible to open one handed. I used to love Emerson knives, until I got one.

Damn I jacked up the post above lol

i had a super commander that i retired not too long ago. i quit carrying it when i got my spydies in. i too questioned the toughness of it, but never put it to hard use. now i have put my spydercos through hell and havent had any trouble. but the military does have a weak tip. its not for poking things. but my manix is prolly one of the toughest blades i carried for work. i stab shit a lot with it.

that sucks about your emerson. it prolly was a shitty heat treat.

A cheap Boker Magnum is one of my EDC items, clipped in right hip pocket, and on my my belt is my Gerber Diesel multi-plier.

Also in my EDC line up, is my XD9 with extra mag, mini-maglight LED and phone.

Belt or no, I just about need suspenders for my pants unsure.png

My carry knife is not a pocket knife, I wear it on my belt. It's a Moore Maker (MooreMaker.com) # 5106LB locking single trapper.

It's a single blade lock-back knife, 4-5/8" length closed, made from 1095 High Carbon Steel, Hardened to ~57 Rc, with smooth yellow bone handle sides, with a lanyard hole in the handle, and comes complete with custom smooth leather scabbard.

5106LBCOMP.jpg

Edited by Foxtail207

cold steel AK47 in my pocket. Michael Morris fixed blade on my belt.. I loan out and lose WAY to many folders to put real money into one..

156276_1495933563253_1381519105_31059219_709398_n.jpg

A cheap Boker Magnum is one of my EDC items, clipped in right hip pocket, and on my my belt is my Gerber Diesel multi-plier.

Also in my EDC line up, is my XD9 with extra mag, mini-maglight LED and phone.

Belt or no, I just about need suspenders for my pants unsure.png

I got that one...I hate the little star screw fasteners...but that's with my Gerber Paraframe 2 as well...I got a mini-paraframe as well. I carry two at most times.

CRKT M16 13Z Because it fits my hand perfectly. It's like picking up your favorite steak knife. For me it's all about the grip. Many knives that I've tried are not that comfortable to grip tightly.

CRM16-03Z_xlarge_1993_large_245.jpg

Edited by DogMan

Benchmade Apex folder with the sheep-foot blade in the left front pocket (I swapped the clip to the other side of the knife), when I carry a blade. One of the few knives I've found that will take and hold a surgical edge (I have a 2000 grit synthetic sapphire stone for my Lansky sharpener). The sheep-foot blade is really useful for medical-type stuff, like peeling someone out of their clothes in a hurry.

A 250-Lumen LED Lenser flashlight lives in my backpack, but I need to get a softer light for non-threatening use.

I've mentioned it before, but an escape knife lived in my car, clipped to the sun visor (no car anymore, so the escape knife is on the shelf).

$12 in my left pocket and Blistex in my right pocket (got chapped lips). When I do carry a knife, it's a 5 inch folding Buck knife. I rarly carry that though because I always have my Glock 30 in my Crossbreed IWB holster on my hip.

Anything you can do with a knife, you can do even better with a .45 caliber Glock!

This. It's been in my pocket for prolly 4 or 5 years. Cost me $9 at O'Reilly. Holds an edge well enough, just have to tighten the torx screw now and then to eliminate play. Hell, most of what I use it for is opening boxes, it wouldn't have to be nearly as sharp as I keep it laugh.png

CKTACB.jpg

Man, I haven't seen one of those in quite a while! I used to have a S&W Special Tactical, but it wandered off on me, then I replaced it and the replacement wandered. Pisses me off, those were nice blades!

Anything you can do with a knife, you can do even better with a .45 caliber Glock!

Nah, Glocks don't open boxes or give access to injuries without moving the location very well.

Man, I haven't seen one of those in quite a while! I used to have a S&W Special Tactical, but it wandered off on me, then I replaced it and the replacement wandered. Pisses me off, those were nice blades!

They're still around smile.png

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=smith+and+wesson+cktacb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10188773383368002629&sa=X&ei=2k8MT-SeHefk0QG455XpBQ&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAA#

Nah, Glocks don't open boxes or give access to injuries without moving the location very well.

Or let you cut bitches. If you "cut a bitch" with a glock, you have a complete nomenclature change to "cap they ass" - and then you have to do all the paperwork over.