Replacement trigger

I'll give a few away after I have a patent, get the first production run done, and buy a business membership here. The winners can be the judges of whether or not it is worth it. It is better than anything I have used in a Kalashnikov based weapon. Reduces friction as well. I'm excited, but very busy with my other endeavors, so it will be a while....

I'll give a few away after I have a patent, get the first production run done, and buy a business membership here. The winners can be the judges of whether or not it is worth it. It is better than anything I have used in a Kalashnikov based weapon. Reduces friction as well. I'm excited, but very busy with my other endeavors, so it will be a while....

Gotcha. I wasn't aware that you intended production. Just thought it was a one time deal which would make the time and effort involved rather pricy. Good luck with your business venture.

Have you looked at the Red Star Arms Adjustable AK Trigger System? According to their website, the trigger group is adjustable for Pretravel, Overtravel, Disconnector Engagement, and Trigger Pull. Depending on your preference and application, it can be adjusted for Single Stage or Two Stage pull. Will not fit Arsenal rifles or M-76 Yugo.

Looks mighty enticing to me anyway.

Have you looked at the Red Star Arms Adjustable AK Trigger System? According to their website, the trigger group is adjustable for Pretravel, Overtravel, Disconnector Engagement, and Trigger Pull. Depending on your preference and application, it can be adjusted for Single Stage or Two Stage pull. Will not fit Arsenal rifles or M-76 Yugo.

Looks mighty enticing to me anyway.

Looks like a great trigger.

I purchased the Arsenal single stage for my conversion. I did so on the advice of the vendor. Dinzag. Brian told me they were a little harder to install but that I would be more than pleased with product. One of the big pluses is that it is a rounded design so it fits and feels better on my trigger finger. Still completing the build so I don't know how the dynamics of function feel.

RAW: Put me down for one of the giveaways when you get things done. I'll be more than happy to give you honest feedback and comparision to my Arsenal. The Good Lord willing, I have plenty of time to wait.

Twitch,

It will blow the Arsenal out of the water ;)

I agree with Cobra about the G2. I have a lot of them and they can be made to feel excellent. My first choice for a no frills AK trigger. I still modify them heavily beyond removing metal, reprofiling, and polishing.

I have both tapco G2, and an arsenel 1stage and 2stage.

Arsenel triggers feel a lot better and they work very well, nothing wrong with a g2 though

the two stage slows down fast fireing but its good for steady shots

Edited by ZombieJefferson

I'm happy with my two Tapco G2s. As I don't shoot as much I'd like too, they're fine for me.

I am looking for 1 single hook/trigger and 1 double hook/trigger, both Tapcos. No disconectors needed.

If anyone has extras, please PM me.

Arsenal's sear is too high to function as smooth as it could with the S-12 which is a shame because out of the box the Arsenal's lever is more ergonomic.

When firing & the hammer's in the disconnecter, it's about the same, but when racking & the hammer's in the sear, the carrier can want to hang up on it a bit.

Tapco's sear is a better height.

Also, the Tapco's sleeve makes it a touch smoother of a pull

The Tapco's trigger lever can be made much more ergonomic than anything out there comes out of a box.

011-1.jpg

(I re-blue them afterward otherwise they can rust due to finger oils)

I bought a modified G2 trigger from AK-builder, but they sent me an Arsenal S12 trigger instead, which was about $5 cheaper than the G2. The Arsenal trigger really isn't much harder to install than a G2 trigger, IMO. The Arsenal trigger isn't bad at all, but I do like the G2 a little better. If I was building another Saiga, I would go for the G2 first, but I wouldn't mind using another Arsenal trigger pack.

Edited by thunderstruck

Well as long as the subject seems to be shifting away from the OP's intended objective....

I'll put a write in vote in here for the Cobra's Custom Tapco S-12 Trigger.

018.gif

Available in single or double hook, with optional custom over travel limiter installed, and modified disconnect.

All FCGs ( for the rifles or shotguns, including the S-410 with modified hammer to clear the rail) are correctly fitted for BHO (unless otherwise requested).

Each comes with a correctly re-profiled, and polished hammer.

BTW each hammer is GUARANTEED to be completely safe and functional, as well as each one being reshaped for much smoother interaction with the bolt carrier, and digitally measured to the exact thickness I've determined to be most effective at reducing friction... while again, being guaranteed to allow the disconnect to capture it if the trigger is held to the rear after firing a round, This of course as long as nobody has monkeyed around with their own bolt carrier and ground away far too much metal attempting to re-profile it...)

All contact surfaces of the hammer, trigger and disconnect, are finely polished for extra smooth action and lighter trigger pull.

Comes with disconnect spring installed, and a custom fitted Red Star Arms axis pin retaining plate, available at a discount with all FCG orders.

Not jacking this thread or taking any orders from here... just letting everyone know there are other excellent options out there.

Example of one of my hammers during modification....

post-1293-0-79945400-1332142486_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-81547200-1332142531_thumb.jpg

• Like 2