In the higher elevations over there, the air is much thinner resulting in way less lift. Some locations are only accessible by Chinooks have more power plus two rotors to keep them aloft. I've been on a couple of movements in UH-60 Blackhawks going through some high altitude passes over there where the aircraft seemed to struggle to get up and over them. Kind of like a roller coaster, slow going up, fast going down. Allegedly the Apache crew is facing charges over this for being stupid!.

This is one lucky Soldier!

untitled.png

• Like 2

It could have been equipment failure and only the pilots superior training and skill adverted a real catastrophy. I mean hell look what Obama and the the demodummies and republodrunks have wasted! What's one chopper?greedy.gif But would have to say this guy should leave the showing off to hollywood if that was the case. beaten.gif

Edited by Guns Are Great

In the higher elevations over there, the air is much thinner resulting in way less lift. Some locations are only accessible by Chinooks have more power plus two rotors to keep them aloft. I've been on a couple of movements in UH-60 Blackhawks going through some high altitude passes over there where the aircraft seemed to struggle to get up and over them. Kind of like a roller coaster, slow going up, fast going down. Allegedly the Apache crew is facing charges over this for being stupid!.

This is one lucky Soldier!

untitled.png

You are correct sir.....it looks to me as if he was "showing off". The frist thing he did was called a cyclic climb. Then went into a hammer head type stall and wanted to "buzz" the guys on the ground but in the moment the pilot on the controls forgot that he was in Afghanaland at a higher elevation....lol

DUMB ASS

Dip shit.

Being a show off is one thing. But being a show off that endangers the lives of others....dangerous idiot. I hope he gets his ass chewed a new hole, then a patch ripped off and shoved up it.

Edited by Chevyman097

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that nobody was injured. It looks like the chopper missed the people on the ground, and besides some brain rattling headaches, the crew could have survived without a scratch. Those cockpits in the Apaches are insane, they can take a lot of damage. They are similar in concept to the kevlar armored, reinforced steel tubs that surround A-10 pilots.

That being said, this Apache pilot is/was a dumbshit (pretty sure he won't be flying ever again). As previously said, you cant fix stupid.