Krebs irons vs. H&K irons?

I currently have the Krebs irons sights and like them. I have used H&K sights in the past on MP5's and liked them. I am not sure I will like them on my Saiga though.

I am just wondering from those of you who have had both on your Saigas which you prefer. Most of my shooting will be under 50 yards using slugs. I might make an occassional 100 yard shot just for grins.

I can weld the H&K sights in place so the difficulty of attaching them isn't an issue, it is just a matter of what is liked more by those who have tried both.

Also, my barrel is currently 19" with a flash hider but it will be cut down and the flash hider permed in place to bring the barrel to 18.25".

Thanks

Dolomite

Also, my barrel is currently 19" with a flash hider but it will be cut down and the flash hider permed in place to bring the barrel to 18.25".

That sounds like a lot of work for 3/4".

Hi, I have HK sights on my Sks and Saiga 410 always liked them from when I used them for the first time on a HK 91.

Never tried the others, but there has been more advancements in sights over the last couple years with all the rails on guns lately.

Been thinking of sights for my Saiga 12 for a while still unsure what to put on it. Shotguns are to be quick and fast shooting

thinking of a high visible fiber optic HK sight above the gas block and V HK style rear.

Still thinking on this matter too many choices out there now days.

That sounds like a lot of work for 3/4".

It came out different than I intended. It has a 19" barrel then another 3.5" worth of flash hider. I am going to have the barrel cut down then the flash hider added to bring it up to 18.25". Afterwards the barrel itself is probably going to be 15" then the remainder made up with a permanently attached flash hider.

Dolomite

I currently have the Krebs irons sights and like them. I have used H&K sights in the past on MP5's and liked them. I am not sure I will like them on my Saiga though.

I am just wondering from those of you who have had both on your Saigas which you prefer. Most of my shooting will be under 50 yards using slugs. I might make an occassional 100 yard shot just for grins.

I can weld the H&K sights in place so the difficulty of attaching them isn't an issue, it is just a matter of what is liked more by those who have tried both.

Thanks

Dolomite

Well if you have em welded on you better like em.

• Like 2

On my first conversion I went with the H&K sights on a quad rail. I ditched both the H&K and the quad rail. I have the Krebs sights on two conversions now and love them. I think they are much better on a shot gun. The H&K are now on an AR Pistol as BUIS's for an Aimpoint T1. I really feel the H&K sight is best suited for a rifle. They just seemed to slow for a shotgun. Just my opinion.

post-40745-0-60841600-1334017970_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My two cents is: whatever my s12 gets eventually, it will be able to need to blast clays in addition to ground targets.

I don't know what sights work for that, my Benelli M4s sights don't.

I'm not sure but I would the Krebs sights will be awesome for busting clays. I don't have a trap range anywhere near me but am thinking of getting a machine to throw some. Where I shoot I have a great bank and I set up clays all the time. I know they are not moving but I hit them one after another really fast with the Krebs sights. Have not missed a single one yet. Again I know "it's a still target and a shotgun!" I'm longing for some flying targets.

So my reply to the OP is the Krebs are better IMO than the H&K.

post-40745-0-95057500-1334020002_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had the Chaos quad rail with HK sights for a while (I know they're not the same as real HK's), then ditched that setup because I couldn't get the sights to zero. It still shot 2 inches to the left @ 25yds with slugs. I think my gas block is slightly canted. It was also shooting 6in high on the lowest setting (0-100m). So I went with the Kreb's, which offer better elevation (like a standard AR) and windage adjustments (just loosen bolts on front sight to move). Also, with the large aperature I can get faster target acquisition - which is better for clays as mentioned above.

I have Krebs sights on a Krebs converted S12 and HK sights on a Tromix. Theoretically the Krebs should provide for better accuracy with the longer sight radius but I don't notice a world of difference. The HK sights just seem to be better for quick target aquisition which I think is more preferable than pinpoint accuracy with a shotgun, anyway. Gotta give a thumbs up to the HK sights.

I have both. Krebs on a IZ109 and HKs on a Tromix S17. They both work fine, but I really like the longer sight radius with the Krebs. The HK sights work great for the shorty though. I've heard of some people using the diopters for slugs at longer ranges but I've never tried that personally. I guess its a matter of preference, but I definately prefer the Krebs.

BTW, I'm running the Krebs with the large-aperture rear ghost ring and a KNS crosshair front sight post. Gives me a great "double-ring" setup that is crazy fast on acquisition, I can bust clays with it all day. A little tougher to hit clays with the HK sights but still totally do-able.

Oh, and I also had the front sight post welded in place while I was having the flash hider permanantly attached as I really didn't like the idea of my front sight base being bolted on and therefore able to be knocked outta whack.

Edited by DistalRadius

While in the Military, I routinely fired MP5s and liked their sights just fine. I've only used HK sights on a Saiga 12 a couple times (not mine). They were nice, and fairly easy to "pick up"........ however...... like several other here apparently, I prefer the Krebs myself.

To me, they just work well, are easy to see and can be installed by the user.

FWIW, The XS rear HK is a larger peep style. I don't know if Tony uses a complete front and rear set, but if you look at most of the recent Tromix posts showing his guns that's the set up on his guns (option?).

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/74473-tromix-s-17s-8-vs-10-vs-12-pic/

Edited by 6500rpm