Foolish teacher arrested for firing blanks at his students

Fail!

Everyone who has ever welded knows tat you do not use blank guns to go bang- you make oxy-aceteline bombs to go BOOM!

My Dad had a heavy wall piece of 2' pipe on his welding table. On cold mornings he would hold the unlit torch

over the top and fill it full of gas then pop the striker over the top. It would make a hell of a bang.haha.gif

Thanks for bringing back that memory GOB.

This guy doesn't deserve jail. He's probably a good guy who made a really dumb mistake. He should get 20 serious public lashes and not be allowed to teach again. Man what a retarded thing to do. I'm just glad one of these kid's fathers didn't hear about it before this guy was in custody or there would be two people going to jail.

Hello

I'm not saying the guy should have done what he did, but there's always two sides....

It may have been the first time in hte entire semester that he even got the students attention.

He may have gotten threatened with physical violence every time he tried to get his students to do something.

Doesn't explain how he managed to get them to comply with his request to get up against the wall, but who knows when the gun actually came out?

Point is, the "craft" of teaching isn't what it used to be....

JMHO...

-guido in Houston

"God Loves Liberty"

Dumb... The guy was probably close to snapping and was acting out what he really wanted to do to a bunch of bad students. Or scare the hell out of them and keep them in line through fear. Lol! But seriously... Terrible choice of a stress reliever or control technique.

• Like 1

That was pretty fucking stupid.

That said I used to teach high school in STL. My first assignment was to take over the classroom for a guy who had a nervous breakdown. So while it was not a bright thing to do, I can see why it might have happened.

That shows how stupid the "gun free school zone" law is.

I remember in high school, for the first three weeks of class every year, idiots would keep bringing guns and knives to school. Then they'd get expelled and we'd just be left with the kids who would fight every day. Watching faculty beat the shit out of teenagers never gets old. Hell, if that guy worked at my old school, he might have gotten a raise. On the bright side, its easy to score an eighth when every third kid is a drug dealer.

Going to school in the ghetto is a laugh riot.

Guess he saw The Substitute one too many times and thought he could actually get away with that kinda shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rDokiFU9w&feature=related

It's an alright movie, but so unrealistic. The guy'd be charged with 3x assault, (no wait, 4, 1 charge for dropping that f-bomb in front of those precious angels), and with a "hate crime", just for what he did in this scene alone. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Blank wads have injured and/or killed people, he recklessly endangered their health/lives, so this isn't just stupidity, this is criminal stupidity.

He definitely deserves to be charged.

But should he lose his 2A Rights? That is a serious question.

Edited by ChileRelleno

he should be charged accordingly. blanks or not if that was a student that brought one to school they would freak the fuck out. the justice of the law should have no mercy. they wouldnt on me or you, would they? especially in a classroom.

• Like 1

Fail!

Everyone who has ever welded knows tat you do not use blank guns to go bang- you make oxy-aceteline bombs to go BOOM!

I always like sticking one of those little red "lady finger" firecrackers, in the mig tip. Just trim the fuse and they hide perfectly in there with a tapper tip...gives ya just enoug time to strike an ark, and get a puddle going before it pops and splatters everywhere.

(it's only funny if your watching)

• Like 1

I always like sticking one of those little red "lady finger" firecrackers, in the mig tip. Just trim the fuse and they hide perfectly in there with a tapper tip...gives ya just enoug time to strike an ark, and get a puddle going before it pops and splatters everywhere.

(it's only funny if your watching)

Your a devious bastard, but I like it.