Fun toy, AND serious tool...........

Nothing to do with douchebaggery.....................

Shot it first for fun, and to establish proficiency..........

Dedicated stock now on one of my AK's.......... Serious potential as a defensive weapon.......

It'd be a real pain in the ass to have to take it on and off and switch it around unless you just dedicated it to one rifle......

Still fun to take it out from time to time and blow shit up with it !!

• Like 4

^ So you are saying that they can actually be used as an effective defensive modification? I haven't ever fired a weapon with one installed, but it seems that it would be impossible to get a beat on a target with the sights going everywhere. I am guessing that a slide fire would make the weapon only have an effective range under 100 using its, sliding/full auto feature?

Well since you asked...

Completely useless ammo waster.

When I first learned about bumping I thought it sounded dumb but I tried it out. After a couple of mags I got it.

I was right. It was dumb.

But it's your ammo and your rifle so ain't none of my business.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Dedicated stock now on one of my AK's.......... Serious potential as a defensive weapon.......

It'd be a real pain in the ass to have to take it on and off and switch it around unless you just dedicated it to one rifle......

Say it ain't so!

^ So you are saying that they can actually be used as an effective defensive modification? I haven't ever fired a weapon with one installed, but it seems that it would be impossible to get a beat on a target with the sights going everywhere. I am guessing that a slide fire would make the weapon only have an effective range under 100 using its, sliding/full auto feature?

Actually, with just a little practice, it's quite controllable...... I've shot it out to about 150 yards with good target control (minute of torso) !!!!!

7.62x39 is not a high recoil round (comparatively), and not that hard to control from the shoulder.....not a problem with "the sights going everywhere".........

I've shot some FA that aren't as easy to maintain target with, but the SlideFire/ARM combo isn't a problem......

Say it ain't so!

Heh, heh, heh............... Tried one out yet, Will ???

post-3950-0-89520900-1337746119.jpg

To each their own. I suspect they're fun. I've yet to try one out though, so I won't say they're "mall ninja" or "just a toy". While I enjoy firing full auto firearms (can't afford any of my own yet), there are few circumstances where I would use a FA in a Survival/SHTF situation. CQB? Perhaps. Small unit fire suppression? Probably not. Defensive position against hordes of zombies or whatever? Doubt it. Do I see any of these situations occuring with me as a civilian? Not really. Are FAs still fun to shoot? Hell yeah! A waste of ammo usually, but still fun.

I have one on my Colt right now. From a rest, I put an entire 30 round mag into the black of a 100 yard NRA rifle target that I had set up at 50 yards.

Every round. One burst. Does it waste ammo, make the gun damn hot, and wear stuff out? Of course. Could it stop a truck bearing down on you? Probably.

How about a comparison of FA Vs. slide fire then?

JeffZ of SAR magazine did a pretty good review of the slidefire and it's accuracy. on a AR and a MP22 Vs. a M16

One day I'll pick up a Bumpski for the S12 but I'm on the hunt for another MG right now.

I'm thinking FNC or UZI

Here's the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBAyOAiUIM&feature=youtu.be

Yup VFG it's closed but on the gun. very solid setup

You don't need it with the two stage can but you do need it without it.

I almost never shoot without the can on as it keeps the gun right on target due to the weight.

and most of the guys I shoot with all run cans too. It's nice to be able to talk while you shoot and not have my ears sweating up from muffs. ( I don't wear ear plugs as I have hearing aids)

That M10 .45 will dump a 32 rnd grease gun mag in 1.2 seconds on the shot timer.

Anywho back on topic.

With enough practice I think the bump stocks work well and the newer model of the slidefire looks a whole lot better then the original.

I do mostly short bursts though