If you grab an AK and an AR by the barrel and swing em like a bat at someones head you can bash in their skull equally well and both provide identical accuracy!!

That is at aprox. 1 yard.

• Like 4

If you grab an AK and an AR by the barrel and swing em like a bat at someones head you can bash in their skull equally well and both provide identical accuracy!!

That is at aprox. 1 yard.

i've gotta call bullshit on the one rob, i'll let someone take a swing at me with their AR if i can take a swing at them with my rpk, then we can try magazines, i'll let someone hit me with an ar mag if i can hit them with an ak mag

• Like 8

I'm not trying to start a AR vs AK debate. Watch this video and see for yourself how much more accurate the AR is vs the AK. At 440yds, it isnt.

[media=]

[/media]

Thats bull how can you have two guys shoot two diffrent guns compare their shots and say it's a legit test. one could be a better...or worse shot than the other which throws the results off. I own both an AR and AK and can tell you I can shoot much better groupings ALL THE TIME with the AR. The op gets abooo.gif in my book.

Edited by pony_express1973

I'm not trying to start a AR vs AK debate. Watch this video and see for yourself how much more accurate the AR is vs the AK. At 440yds, it isnt.

[media=]

[/media]

Thats bull how can you have two guys shoot two diffrent guns compare their shots and say it's a legit test. one could be a better...or worse shot than the other which throws the results off. I own both an AR and AK and can tell you I can shoot much better groupings ALL THE TIME with the AR. The op gets abooo.gif in my book.

So the guy with the AK is a far better shooter than the guy with the AR? I thought of that too, its a valid point.

that was the most PATHETIC AR mag chance I have EVER seen!!!!!!! gotta practice those MAGPUL DYNAMICS BABY!!!!!

why is it always 7.62 vs. 5.56? i think the 5.45 would be a much more fair comparison.

^^THIS^^

Dont get me wrong, i like the 5.56 just fine, but I think to 400-500 yards the 5.45 will smash on the 5.56. Those longer skinnier bullets buck the wind a lot better... this is why im a HUGE fan of the .264/6.5 family of bullets over the .308

Edited by RoughRider666

Upon analysis of the Hydrodynamic properties of the typical AK and AR however, reveal that, through complicated formulas involving things like Surface area A x Velocity of Stroke, an AK is a better boat paddle than an AR.....however, 2 different men will have 2 different strokes, with different velocities.....one man may add a slight Twist of the wrist.

I have no interest in seeing the video of those two guys stroking though.

• Like 2

The problem is, AK and AR fights never isolate variables.

Which AK? Which AR? Different brands are different.

Which ammo maker? The same? Different? Different ammo brands are different.

Which shooter? The same? Others? Different shooters are different.

Conditions? The same? Different?

All I can say is that, in general, based on commonly available ammo types, and typical sources of firearms,

and typical sights and triggers and fit and finish and tolerances, that an AR is USUALLY a tighter toleranced rifle with

better accessories and better ammo, and will shoot somewhat more accurately.

However, there are damn good AK pattern rifles out there, and there are shitty ARs, which will throw it all off.

My answer to AK47, AK74, AR15, or AR10 is a big yes, please.

• Like 1

Upon analysis of the Hydrodynamic properties of the typical AK and AR however, reveal that, through complicated formulas involving things like Surface area A x Velocity of Stroke, an AK is a better boat paddle than an AR.....however, 2 different men will have 2 different strokes, with different velocities.....one man may add a slight Twist of the wrist.

I have no interest in seeing the video of those two guys stroking though.

If using the weapon as an abacus, the AR with mulitple rails gives you more counting room to add colored rail covers (like the Larue ones or Magpul XTM's) to perform complex math equations than the standard AKM. However with a little accessorizing from Krebs, Midwest Industries, Chaos and Texas Weapons Systems you can add additional equating ability to the AK platform to perform math on the go even after an EMP.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 1

Wouldn't an AR chambed in 7.62x 39 be a real comparison? Just for clinical purposes.

or a Saiga .223 VS an AR..........

either way accuracy doenst matter one way or the other if you're ever being shot at! Far as im concerned, a slingshot is accurate enough when the stones are flying in my direction...lol

The point im trying to make here is that both of these are COMBAT, BATTLE, ASSAULT (whitchever you prefer) rifles that were meant to perform a certain job and both do them exceptionally well. Hense the term(s) "combat effective" or "combat accurate" . Off the bench or plink shooting accuracy is just an added bonus... Keep that in mind when the SHTF...

Edited by RoughRider666

What's with all the anti AR bias on this site? It's pretty annoying. I like guns, period.

I'm a member on The AR forum and they don't bash and even have a AK forum.

I have both and like both. I hate the constant comparisons.....That's why I find even more rediculous ways to compare them. As for the original idea of accuracy @ 440 yards, This only works if you can paint a big X on the ground 440 yards away and convince your enemy or target to stand upon said X mark Silliness breeds silliness Wheeee-haw!super_man.gif

• Like 1

What's with all the anti AR bias on this site? It's pretty annoying. I like guns, period.

I'm a member on The AR forum and they don't bash and even have a AK forum.

To get a comment out of you and it worked, now before you get mad it is all in fun.big_smile.gif

i aint searching through 140 million results as i could give a fuck less about wich one is more accurate.

but with that said i think hickok45 on youtube did one of the better comparisons without being partial to either one.

Here is the way I see it. I know you may not care lol. Both of the Moss Pawn guys in this video are probably very good shots. In the case one was better then the other they BOTH used the SAME red dot optic for the test. Red dots aren't like irons where ONE set is zeroed to ONE shooter. If someone who knows how to zero a red dot in right the next person who picks the weapon up should be on target, assuming that next person can shoot at the SAME skill level as the one who did the zero. Now with that in mind they should've had both men test EACH weapon and seen who grouped better with what platform. If both men had better groupings with the same weapon using the same optic then it COULD be considered a good test. Another thing to think about, and I don't know if they went over this in the video because I've seen it a while back and didn't watch it again, is that it would have been best if both optics were at the same high over the bore. I think depending on the AK side mount used it would be higher and slightly off center. I may be wrong lol. Maybe even think about the barrel harmonics, the one with less crap touching the barrel should be more accurate. Last but not least TOLERANCES. The AR has much closer tolerances that the AK so again that should help with accuracy.

Edited by BLK-HWK-VET

colt did make a ar in 7.62x39 wish i had kept. also had mac 90 romainian. ar was tighter. mac was lose difference in price 500. ar had hard to find mags at the time half ar half ak welded. this was mid 90's. ar did have better groups. both would do the job intended.