So I've been in the hospital since Friday :(

Some stupid freaking mosquito bite on my calf turned into a full blown MRSA infection in my leg. I was really worried that I was going to lose the leg at first, but today it finally seems to be responding to the meds! It really puts life in perspective, you know? When youre sitting in a hospital bed and just thinking of how badly you want to be around and be healthy for your kids and wife. This has definitely been a wake up call for me in a lot of ways. Life is just too short and unpredictable folks! Take care of what's important and tell the people in your life you love them, because you never know when some mosquito bite might take it all away!

PS - my Tromix 12 and 308 will be here this week (after almost two years of saving!) and I kept thinking, I'm going to die before I ever get to shoot them! :lol:

• Like 3

DAMNIT MAN, that sounds like a hell of a bad bug, glade things are looking up and better.

Perspective is what I keep in front of me every day, ya just never know.

Glad you're better. Stay on track and don't rush your recovery. It is tempting to do so.

I burst my appendix last November and then got Illyus(sp) while in hospital(lousy post op care). You're right, it does kinda kick you in the ass about what really counts.

Get healthy and kill ALL mosquitoes!!!!

Sorry. I almost caught MRSA myself after stepping on a nail. Doc gave me a dose of some mighty strong antibiotic that wiped out my gut in the process. Be safe and glad you are ok. Doc said I was very lucky.

Edited by yakdung

MRSA is nothing to play with..lost my wife's cousin several years ago from it and she had LIGHTLY scraped her leg on a picnic table at a park! Glad to hear you dodged the bullet, and you are right about the wake up call...none of us are promised our next breath, so we all need to live, love, and act like there's no tomorrow! Prayers out for you and your family!

Thanks guys. Still no word on when they're letting me go. At least a couple more days of intravenous antibiotics and pain killers... My stomach has been completely obliterated by the meds, and I'm supposed to switch from Vicodin to Morphine if it gets worse... All from a damn mosquito bite :facepalm:

You can thank all the assholes who get antibiotics for relatively minor shit and then don't finish the antibiotic course for that. :angry:

Ya know, your typical Obama supporter. :lol:

No shit there, I was in the ER last year for my thyroid cancer, and some 450+ lb. fat "welfare" bitch was in there demanding free antibiotics for her 5 year old sons case of the "sniffles."

I bet that c**t didn't use up all the pills as instructed. :angry2:

Thanks guys. Still no word on when they're letting me go. At least a couple more days of intravenous antibiotics and pain killers... My stomach has been completely obliterated by the meds, and I'm supposed to switch from Vicodin to Morphine if it gets worse... All from a damn mosquito bite :facepalm:

I have experienced the same thing. The doctor more than likely pulled both triggers and prescribed a very powerful antibotic. This in turn wiped out both the good and the bad bacteria in your gut. Now the process begins after you are released to rebuild the good bacteria. Probotics are the answer to restoring your gut back to normal. It took over a year and my gut has never truly restored back to normal. I know that there is a concentrated pill form of Probotics, ask your doc he can guide you.

Take care,

Not diabetic. Actually, I'm the picture of good health which why this is so scary. I do Crossfit 4-5 times a week, eat extremely healthy, have a relatively stress free job, and I even got laid a couple times last week... And I still got MRSA.

MRSA don't fuckaround!

I feel your pain... although mine was with a bout of cellulitis back in jan/feb... a week of bed at home and a week in the hospital... dilaudid every hour for the pain... lost about 30 pounds ( although that was a bonus!! :up: ) I have NEVER been in such pain in my entire life... that was the worst...

infections SUCK!!!!

:smoke:

Probiotic yogurt, acidophilus milk, both of these will get the good bacteria built back up in your digestive system pretty quick. Glad to hear that it's turning out ok for you, not like that girl who had her hands and stuff amputated from that crap!

• Like 1

Probiotic yogurt, acidophilus milk, both of these will get the good bacteria built back up in your digestive system pretty quick. Glad to hear that it's turning out ok for you, not like that girl who had her hands and stuff amputated from that crap!

Yeah, thankfully it looks like we will avoid amputation, but there was a while there where I thought it was going to happen....

Hope you get squared away soon. Once you do, start working on your immune system. Sounds nuts, but go eat some dirt out of your garden. That should reset your bacterial levels in your system. I eat organic veggies and simply rinse them off. A little dirt on the carrots gives you a lot of good little bacterium that helps your system digest nutrients and will boost your immune system.

You're system will be compromised when you get out of the hospital. The meds kill everything good and bad. You say you're in good healthy so it should be pretty easy to get your system back to normal.

Best of luck!

• Like 1