To all my brothers in arms, Happy Veteran's Day.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Take A Moment To Thank A Veteran

When you see someone in a uniform,

Someone who serves us all,

Doing military duty,

Answering their country’s call,

Take a moment to thank them

For protecting what you hold dear;

Tell them you are proud of them;

Make it very clear.

Just tap them on the shoulder,

Give a smile, and say,

"Thanks for what you’re doing

To keep us safe in the USA!"

By Joanna Fuchs

Thank you, One and All, my Brothers. May your Sacred Duty not have been in vain. - Me:thumbsup:

• Like 5

My Dad was a Vet, my FiL is a Vet, in both my wife's and I's families military service is deeply ingrained.

Both sets of grandparents served in WWII, as well as numerous extended family members in all branches.

Also, a few such as my Dad, went on to serve as LEOs. LEOs write that blank check too.

I can only say, "Thank You!".

• Like 1

To my fellow vets, thanks for your service. And to my buds and fellow FDC section members SSG Clint Wisdom and Don Clary, you will not be forgotten. KIA in Baghdad almost 8 years ago to the day by a suicide bomber while providing force protection...

• Like 1

To my fellow vets, thanks for your service. And to my buds and fellow FDC section members SSG Clint Wisdom and Don Clary, you will not be forgotten. KIA in Baghdad almost 8 years ago to the day by a suicide bomber while providing force protection...

Well put, bro.

...and suicide bombing is a coward's attack.

• Like 1