Civilian AK12 coming 2013 in .223 and 12 Gauge!

From The Firearms Blog. Just sharing. Thoughts?

http://www.thefirear...3-and-12-gauge/

"The hottest gun of 2013 could be the Izhmash AK-12. The company is planning on delivering a semiautomatic version in 2013 chambered for .223 Remington and 12 Gauge. The drawings of the proposed sporting models are below.

post-6253-0-67150100-1352901205.jpg

post-6253-0-09302500-1352901217.jpg

This is exciting news. Gun enthusiasts around the world will be lining up to get their hands on the latest AK. In the USA, I am sure companies will be lining up to ink an import agreement (which would probably include some manufacturing stateside to comply with import regulations)."

• Like 5

It may just be my traditionalist ways but I don't like it. I think it's ugly as hell myself. I'll just keep my Saigas, MKA1919, Vepr 12, and be on the lookout for a deal on a 030. That's plenty of imported shotguns for me.

• Like 2

Does everyone else believe that is the actual Sporter config that would get to the States? Find that hard to believe...

If they do get something new to the States, that config, some neutered version, whatever, I hope one of the impacts is increased availability of Izhmash made 8 round mags. Rock and lock or magwell. Just get them available...

You won't be seeing it with the lower rail, pistol grip or folding stock, if at all depending on what happens with the U.N. arms treaty in March the POTUS endorsed less than twenty-four hours after being re-elected.

Kinda looks like an AK and a SAR-17 had an offspring.

Edited by JRSUDS

There is no reason this can't be imported considering the vepr 12 is importable with a pistol grip. They will just have to lose the rail on the handguard, muzzle device, folding stock, and hi cap mag and it is good to go. Just hope it happens before anything crazy happens with our gun laws. personally i like it. If you are in the market for a piston driven AR 15 this would be better imho and probably cheaper. As long as it can keep the Ak reliability that we all know and love of course.

Edited by rogers

I'm going to be in for both. The caveat being that the .223 works with existing STANAG mags and that the 12 gauge works with existing and available magazines. If not, I will not be interested. I already have 75 Bulgy .223 mags and a container of Saiga 12 mags and Drums. I will buy a bunch for my VEPR 12, but that's it.

• 5 months later...

It may just be my traditionalist ways but I don't like it. I think it's ugly as hell myself. I'll just keep my Saigas, MKA1919, Vepr 12, and be on the lookout for a deal on a 030. That's plenty of imported shotguns for me.

I like it, but I prefer the reg stuff like you man. Hey if this means I can pick up a reg S-12 cheap then wahoo! lol