Yesterday morning I'm driving by one of my local Walmarts and like most times I drive by I stop. I go inside and low and behold they have about 30 boxes of 7.62x39 Tulammo on the shelve for $5.17 a box, a little price increase but a lot cheaper then GB. So I tell the guy working in sporting goods I want them all, he says that the Obama admin spoke with the chiefs at Walmart and "asked them" (yeah right) to sell what ammo they had left, not order anymore and limit it to 3 boxes per person per day. Now that 3 boxes TOTAL not 3 boxes of 7.62 and 3 boxes of .223 but the total amount one person can buy in 24 hours at any giving store. So I got my 3 boxes and thanked him.

Our firearms won't do any of us a bit of good if we can't load them! Have you seen the google postings on how much ammo DHS has??? More then our Military!

Blessings to all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im pretty sure this has nothing to do with Obama, Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resal

I like the policy too, except when I'm the asshole trying to buy 10 boxes.

Back door gun control.

Had the same fuckin sign @ my local walmart. 3 box limit.

I think the 223 fed was a little over $8 a box 20. Not a bad price but not great.

Just alot of work rounding up 20 friends to buy the shit for you while it is still on the shelf.

Still cheaper to re load. (if you can find primers and projectiles).

Have you seen the prices of small rifle primers on gunbroker? wtf is wrong with people!

If you already didn't have enough ammo stocked up right after the election then you were a fool to wait this long. A co-worker has been saying for years it's the availability of ammo that will be the real gun control.

Edited by Jetmech
  • Like 2

Im pretty sure this has nothing to do with Obama,

Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resale it at a jacked up price. This is half the reason shit is so hard to find right now, because those with the means to do so are buying up way more than they need to turn around and resale it.

Sure its a free market and all but Walmart is also free to do what they want as well and I think its a good idea.2c.gif

Edited by big-J
  • Like 11

Sounds like you were fed a mixture of possible facts and fiction from a semi-informed sales clerk. http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/walmart-responds-to-suspended-ammo-story/

Something that totally makes no sense is the "limit it to 3 boxes per person per day" part. That in itself casts doubts on the rest of it. That would imply Obama was concerned with the little guy and wanted everyone to get their fair share. Do you really think he gives a damn and wants us all to get some ammo for the weapons he would love to take from us in the first place?

• Like 2

It was refreshing to see a stocked shelf big J. I would have to agree with you on the policy. I probably wouldnt have seen any with out it.

but still a pain in the ass to obtain enough for an outing without digging into my stash.

Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resale it at a jacked up price. This is half the reason shit is so hard to find right now, because those with the means to do so are buying up way more than they need to turn around and resale it.

Sure its a free market and all but Walmart is also free to do what they want as well and I think its a good idea.2c.gif

• Like 4

You have nothing to worry about then. Buying 10 boxes doesn't make you an asshole. Buying 150 and reselling them at double price does. Especially if you do it week after week.

• Like 2

Ditto to post #5. This isn't the first time walmart has dealt with runs and put limits. They do it to keep as many customers as possible supplied.

It prevents gougers, and keeps lots of people shooting. When I asked last time around, the guys at the gun counter said that their directive was pretty high up from management way beyond regional. Specifically, the idea was to keep prices steady for long term customers. They also specifically said that the store managers were supposed to make sure they weren't holding all the ammo out of sight for a brother in law or whatever. They were up front about when deliveries came. (randomly , but often around 2 am on Thursdays at my store) Most of the time whatever they got was sold with in the first few minutes whatever time of day or night it came.

during the 2008-2009 run they were still selling Rem thunderbolt bricks for $12.99 when they came in, while the only other store in town that had any .22lr was selling for $34.99 then $36.99. Later after the cost of .22 permanently rose, their prices adjusted upward accordingly.

My local private store has similar policies. I just got another 1K of small pistol primers, and another of large pistol primers at the normal local price. They limit to 1k of each type per customer. I only use the large pistol primers to help a friend load 45acp. When I called to see how well supplied my friend was, they said that they don't allow you to pick up extra for a friend, that it is for your own use and they use their discretion. I can respect that. I know that I could probably go on the local firearms trader website and ask for $15 -$20 more for the same things. I nearly paid that just to avoid being shorthanded. I think this shop is normally high in prices, but I respect that they are not jacking most items up beyond reason. They are also being good about not feeding hysteria, or giving promises about when stuff will be in stock that is beyond their control.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 2
What you may not be aware of is that Walmart agreed with the Administration to retain the store video survelliance tapes of all persons buying ammo.

Well, crap! Might as well peel that Obama bumper sticker off my car then. Seeing as I'm not fooling them anyway.

• Like 1

I just bought 800 rounds of 7.62 two days ago and I work for walmart we just got a pallet of of federal 223 1000 round tins and two pallets of the 100 round packs. So no there are not going to stop selling ammo anytime soon they cant keep the shit on the shelf would you say NO to that kind of money?? well me neither...

as far as a limit when thing slow down so will limits not ever store has the same limit ether.

Our local Fleet farm is limiting mags to 1 per person per day. And yes they had korean metal ak47 30rd mags, for get this....... $19.99 each. 7.62 shows up and fills the shelf and it takes them about 4days to sell out of it. Haven't been to walmart recently, been sick and not liking a temp.

Stopped by my local Walmart to grab a box of Federal bulk 12 gauge and some .22 if they happened to have it so I could go out next weekend. The shelves were nearly completely cleared out except for .17, .25, .300, 30-06, .270, 410 and 20 gauge. There was nothing else, absolutely nothing.

I'm somewhat glad that they have a limit, on a recent trip to walmart I stopped by the ammo section (mostly to see how bare the shelves were), asked the guy if he had any 7.62x39, he said "Yup, we got 63 boxes going to one guy." sad.png

They didn't have ANY value packs of .22lr or 12 ga, went to Gander mountain afterwards and they were all out of .22. (they usually have at least 50 value packs)

If you already didn't have enough ammo stocked up right after the election then you were a fool to wait this long. A co-worker has been saying for years it's the availability of ammo that will be the real gun control.

+1

I give the Govenor a "Harumpf"!

• Like 1

A manager at my local store told me that home office blocked ordering so that they could distribute the ammo evenly to stores that need it. This keeps one store from ordering all of it. We are limited to 6 boxes per customer per day to curb the resellers. They're still getting ammo, just less per shipment, and it stays on the shelf about an hour.

Yesterday at one of my local Walmarts 30-06 was plentiful, good stock of 270, 1 box of WWB 357 Sig and about 10 boxes of WWB 40s&w; there was some shotgun ammo, but didn't look at it to close.

About the same as it was during the last few ammo shortages/gun ban scares, internal store policies limiting ammo purchases and all.

Dick's has put a 6 box limit on their stuff, Gander hasn't because their prices are so high they don't care who buys it. I mean, $27.99 for 45 Blazer (not brass)?? It's 21.99 at dick's and 17 or 18.99 at the gun shop.

Edited by sean8642