post-45976-0-02030400-1360501724.jpg

Gun Co. Owner Mark LaRue: Changing His Guns, Law Enforcement & Civilian Guns Will Be The Same

LaRue tactical is the manufacturer of some of the best firearms available on the market. Mark LaRue issued the following statement via the LaRue Facebook page:

NEWS RELEASE:

02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

Some have questioned why “civilians” need to be armed with semi-automatic weapons – which have come to be known by an uneducated and unruly media as “Assault Weapons” – I have two issues with this:

1. I don’t appreciate being labeled by an ever growing and self-aggrandizing government as a “civilian”.

2. I don’t appreciate my semi-automatic rifle being called an “assault rifle”. It’s the utility rifle of choice I prefer to have on my ranch.

Quote From James Wesley Rawles:

‎I am weary of hearing police officers now referring to the general populace as “civilians.” I’ve noticed that this misnomer has become commonplace in the new century. Even some journalists are parroting this condescension without any comment or correction, sometimes egregiously. I’ll present the facts here as clearly and concisely: The police and sheriff’s deputies are our employees and they are civilians, too. The police are civil servants that help protect our property rights and civil rights, under civil law. (And hopefully with civility.) In contrast, military or “martial” law is the task of the Military Police and they are the only police who can call us civilians. It is noteworthy that under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, Federal military personnel (with the exception of the Coast Guard) are prohibited from policing the citizenry. Please immediately correct any civilian law enforcement officers that mischaracterize their relationship with us. Continued misuse of such terms can gradually shift perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors. Be vigilant of encroachments on our liberty!

• Like 11
Ronnie Barrett told the State of Ca. to go to hell and doesn't sell to them AT ALL.

Nice! I thought I read that some where years ago. I think that was why he came out with the .416 for the civi market. And much respect to Larue for standing up for the people!

Edited by LOVE MY SAIGA!

All these manufactures need to band together and include military and gov't in this restriction.

I know this will only send them to foreign manufacturers but that's where we pressure our reps to support American manufacturers.

Is this a fantasy more than likely yes because they have a business to run but every little bit helps.

• Like 1

Awesome. Love it.

But how big of a nightmare will they have accomodating different "civillian" laws state by state? My guess is serving law enforcement/government agenices unviverally would be easier. I could be wrong.

I honestly think the whole idea of "states rights" as they apply to individual rights and liberty is outdated and needs to be scrapped. From marriage to drugs to gun rights (and a bunch of other controversial issues) federal laws constitutional rights need to be the standard. But that's another topic...

Another ANGLE on this misuse of the term "civilian" some of us are prior military and you may correct me if I am wrong as it was a long time ago that I took the oath. But if I remember right you are sworn in "for life" and always considered military personel even after discharge. So those of us that are prior service are NOT "civilians" to anyone!

• Like 2
Another ANGLE on this misuse of the term "civilian" some of us are prior military and you may correct me if I am wrong as it was a long time ago that I took the oath. But if I remember right you are sworn in "for life" and always considered military personel even after discharge. So those of us that are prior service are NOT "civilians" to anyone!

...and according to the discharge papers, we are subject to recall at any time. Civilians are NON-Mil. Cops, unless ex-mil are civilians, even if they dress like mil and act like stormtroopers.

• Like 2

Cops, unless ex-mil are civilians, even if they dress like mil and act like stormtroopers.

Now when have you ever seen them do that? Oh, never mind.

My favorite all time Police as Gestapo story is the PD that tried to rationalize their desire to purchase night vision equipment by saying "We can use it to enforce seatbelt laws at night".

All these manufactures need to band together and include military and gov't in this restriction. I know this will only send them to foreign manufacturers but that's where we pressure our reps to support American manufacturers. Is this a fantasy more than likely yes because they have a business to run but every little bit helps.

This isn't such a bad idea. Put enough pressure on our elected representatives demanding that the military/Homeland Sec/all LEO/Secret Service/private contractors/private body guards/ letters to the GAO, letters to the arms mfgs/and whomever else I missed, all be limited to the exact same specifications on weapons that WE THE PEOPLE get limited to. Or allow WE THE PEOPLE access to the exact same self protection tools/weaponry that all of the above use in performance of their jobs.

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

I think the idea is great, but this is where the message falls short. Although as others have mentioned, LaRue may not even have any LE/Mil contracts.

• Like 3