Dicks demands verification of citizenship

This is from a member on another forum from Altoona PA

Announcement: I went into Dick's Sporting good to buy a 100 round brick of 12 Gauge for some upcoming clay shooting (because they had it in stock). I went to pay with cash and the person at the register pointed to the touch-pad and asked me to VERIFY MY CITIZENSHIP! I told her no, I didn't have to do that. She said if I wanted to buy ammo at Dicks' I had to. I said no again. She asked to see my ID so she could verify it herself. I pushed the ammo back across the counter and told her to forget it. I'll never go back. Don't give in people.

• Like 5

I'm a bit torn on this issue. On one hand, HELL no they don't need my name and address in order to sell me ammo (and put me on some 'watch list'). On the other hand it's about damned time people started demanding proof of citizenship to vote, drive, buy anything, sell anything, or whatever. If they want to implement this kind of rule as part of their 'make the libtards happy' new regs, I can get behind that. All I ask is that they let us as citizens, apply for and obtain a valid picture ID that only proves we are law abiding citizens, and any additional info such as licensed to drive or carry concealed, or carry at all. Just a simple verification. I'd be all cool with that.

• Like 3
I'm a bit torn on this issue. On one hand, HELL no they don't need my name and address in order to sell me ammo (and put me on some 'watch list'). On the other hand it's about damned time people started demanding proof of citizenship to vote, drive, buy anything, sell anything, or whatever. If they want to implement this kind of rule as part of their 'make the libtards happy' new regs, I can get behind that. All I ask is that they let us as citizens, apply for and obtain a valid picture ID that only proves we are law abiding citizens, and any additional info such as licensed to drive or carry concealed, or carry at all. Just a simple verification. I'd be all cool with that.

That's called a Birth Certificate. You know, like what Obama hasn't produced.

• Like 7

What the hell kind stupidity is this? Proof of citizenship?

Last time I checked, ammunition is legal for ANYBODY who is 18 or older to purchase. Canadians buy a ton of it here in Montana. They shoot it up and give away what's left since they can't bring it across the boarder.

Tell the jack asses you are a National from the state of (ANY 50 states) and that you are of legal age to purchase ammunition. Wally world does check ID for age here. No other store I have been to asks for ID if you are obviously over 18.

It's manditory to show driver's licence for ammo here. It should be manditory for voting too!

Why should being licensed to drive be mandatory for voting? What if someone doesn't drive? They can't vote?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Yeoldetool" data-cid="883881" data-time="1364837684"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Capt Nemo" data-cid="883876" data-time="1364837268"><p><strong class='bbc'>It's manditory to show driver's licence for ammo here. It should be manditory for voting too!</strong></p></blockquote>

<br />

<br />

Why should being licensed to drive be mandatory for voting? What if someone doesn't drive? They can't vote?</p></blockquote>

A government issued picture ID generally suffices. And they are usually good for a few years at minimum so if they can't be bothered to get down to get an ID once every X years, no, they should not get to vote.

Further, I have always been for "no representation without taxation". Someone living off the government feet (welfare, Medicaid, etc) should have their voting rights suspended as well since if the can continue to vote to expand those programs to continue to take from those that produce, that is a massive conflict of interest. And people that get back more from the IRS than what they had withheld should be in the same boat. That crap has pissed me off ever since I started working at 16 and I have never gotten over it. I was responsible and worked hard and had money taken by the IRS and those that did not and pooped out a kid or two got a big fat check from the IRS that was more than they had withheld. Wealth redistribution isn't a new thing. Maybe i just need to become a democrat so i can quit paying taxes period... serms to work for some of them...sorry for the rant.

• Like 1
I was responsible and worked hard and had money taken by the IRS and those that did not and pooped out a kid or two got a big fat check from the IRS that was more than they had withheld.

Welcome to libtard Nirvana. I will shovel cowshit before I become a dem. Wait, I already do that. I have more self respect than to become a dem. and I quit the Reps in 2008.

• Like 2
It's manditory to show driver's licence for ammo here.

For proof of age or citizenship? FWIW, my wife is a Brit and a Resident Alien. She does posess a FL Drivers License but it says nothing on there in regards to her being from the UK. She has purchased firearms without any hassle. All a Drivers License proves is you passed a test and can legally drive.

You don't even have to be a legal citizen to get a Social Security card or a drivers license. Screw Dicks. Not to mention that legal non citizens can legally own firearms. Screw Dicks. I wish they would stop selling firearms and ammo all together. Thy should stick to tube socks and jock straps for yuppy Libtards and get out of the FFL business.

• Like 4

Never heard that before. Altoona is pretty small and kinda rural I'm surprised the clerk and buyer weren't related :)

I'm gonna stop by Dicks at work and see if i get that question

Yup the Dick's has been doing that in Altoona for about 2 years now. A mentally disturbed individual bought a gun a few years back at a different big box store and then murdered his grandparents with it.

One of the local gun shops used to, can't remember if they still do. The Dick's down in Harrisburg also wants you to verfiy that you are a US citizen.

If I wouldn't of had a gift card I would of told them where to stick it. i'm still pissed off at the whole "20 round" boxes of birdshot they sold 3-4 years ago as full sized boxes.

It's manditory to show driver's licence for ammo here.

For proof of age or citizenship? FWIW, my wife is a Brit and a Resident Alien. She does posess a FL Drivers License but it says nothing on there in regards to her being from the UK. She has purchased firearms without any hassle. All a Drivers License proves is you passed a test and can legally drive.

Proof of age required for all ammo. No ID, no ammo.

This is from a member on another forum from Altoona PA

Announcement: I went into Dick's Sporting good to buy a 100 round brick of 12 Gauge for some upcoming clay shooting (because they had it in stock). I went to pay with cash and the person at the register pointed to the touch-pad and asked me to VERIFY MY CITIZENSHIP! I told her no, I didn't have to do that. She said if I wanted to buy ammo at Dicks' I had to. I said no again. She asked to see my ID so she could verify it herself. I pushed the ammo back across the counter and told her to forget it. I'll never go back. Don't give in people.

Just Enough To Be Dangerous,

I stopped buying form Dick's when the removed the AR's. Interestingly, for the first time, I had to show an ID at Wal Mart for ammo just last week. This is in Maine. Clerk told me they get a lot of Massachusetts buyers who have to show a card from that state indicating they can buy ammo. Surprised me because you don't need any type of firearm card to purchase either a gun or ammo here and why should our stores have to police the citizens of another state. By the way, what capacity drum is that on your Saig 12?

Neverhome

Edited by Neverhome