I find no humor in any of it, it's deadly and they are mindless idiots. I do not go into any of these types of places anymore, indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter, I haven't for several years now. The gun shop I go to has an indoor pistol range, makes me nervous as hell being in the store when the range is active, I usually don't stick around for very long.

• Like 1

I'm sick of watching guys handing a gun to a girl and yukking it up when she knocks herself on her ass. Why? Because nine times out of ten they hand her a fully-loaded gun, and whatever poor reaction she has after firing is done with a live round in the chamber as she either points the gun wildly about, or drops it. Just watched it happen several times in this video.

Anyone remember the incident earlier this year where someone handed a girl a Taurus Judge (edit) .500 S&W, the pistol recoiled in her hand and flipped around on her trigger finger, discharging it straight into her face and killing her instantly? That's why you don't hand a novice shooter a fully-loaded firearm of any kind.

http://www.kttn.com/kgozfm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10532

I agree, I don't find the shit funny at all.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 5

Several of those are truly priceless.. The one guy at 2:11 is just amazingly stupid.

I recognize a few of them. The Arab guys getting thrown around are shooting something like a .577 T-rex. It generates something like 200 lbs of recoil.

Anyone that just hands a large pistol to their GF who has never shot one is a total jackass..

I've taken the wife out shooting a few times. First time she wanted to shoot the "real gun" a 12 gauge shotgun first. I told her she had to work up to it, she actually maxed out her comfort level with an SKS so good thing I started small.

As a rule I go:

.22lr

.223 or 9mm in a carbine

7.62x39

7.62x54R

20 gauge 

12 gauge

When I take someone shooting for the first time I stand close enough to take the gun away. And they start with one round, then get two, then five and so on.

• Like 4

Evidentially, the "Peter Principal" applies to all of us in terms of firearm usage, caliber and experience....

To be fair, some of those women were set up to fail...

As for the dude who shot a hole in his mothers ceiling, I have ZERO pitty for him!....Dumbass wigger!!!!!

Macbeau sends....

I find no humor in any of it, it's deadly and they are mindless idiots. I do not go into any of these types of places anymore, indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter, I haven't for several years now. The gun shop I go to has an indoor pistol range, makes me nervous as hell being in the store when the range is active, I usually don't stick around for very long.

Agreed I don't do public ranges.

These guys that hand a girl a firearm she has no business shooting and then filming it need to be kicked in the nuts.

Public ranges are as good as the range officers.  Good ones know who the newbies are and go out of their way to make sure their experience is safe and fun. They are also good as the people who shoot there.

When I take a new person out they understand what to expect and what to do.

And yes he needs a kick in the nuts.

I've taken the wife out shooting a few times. First time she wanted to shoot the "real gun" a 12 gauge shotgun first. I told her she had to work up to it, she actually maxed out her comfort level with an SKS so good thing I started small.

As a rule I go:

.22lr

.223 or 9mm in a carbine

7.62x39

7.62x54R

20 gauge 

12 gauge

When I take someone shooting for the first time I stand close enough to take the gun away. And they start with one round, then get two, then five and so on.

Since you brought it up and I don't have many calibers to choose from, my plan is:

.22lr (she handled it great. She was afraid of it since it's a heavy bull barrel target gun.. In that sense, it was funny)

9mm FMJ

.45acp FMJ

.22lr in a rifle (just to get the feel of something with a stock)

7.62x39

12ga

7.62x54R (Maybe I should change them around as you have them on your list? I've always found 12 to be not all that bad, but that's me)

Think those steps seem reasonable for most novice shooters? I went from .22lr to .45acp without a problem, but I'm a big boy and was comfortable with the entire idea and had excellent instruction.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I have to agree... public ranges suck. I got my own out back.

As for my GF... Well she has surprised me. She loves shooting 22's. AK's are ok, SKS's are to heavy.

And the one time I left her alone with Nailbomb..... Saiga 12 with 24" barrel full of goose loads????????????? She loved it! Sick bitch.

Agree, the majority of those aren't funny at all.

Firearms can definitely be fun and called toys, but they must at all times be taken "deadly" serious.

The only funny ones on there, are the Arabs shooting the T-Rex, and that is because it is a controlled setting.

As for the women being setup to fail and be hurt/scared, I hope the women are some evilly vindictive bitches to them.

• Like 3

Just for clarification, I didn't post this for the humor of it, rather as a reminder of the level of incompetence that is out there.

Yeah I got that, I was responding about the video, the OP is spot on   032.gif

I have a bit of PTSD, I cannot be around a setting like that anymore. It seems to gotten worse in the past 4 years.

Just for clarification, I didn't post this for the humor of it, rather as a reminder of the level of incompetence that is out there.

Yeah I got that, I was responding about the video, the OP is spot on 032.gif

I have a bit of PTSD, I cannot be around a setting like that anymore. It seems to gotten worse in the past 4 years.

That's why I can't shoot at an indoor range anymore. Had a guy with a loaded 12ga point it at me and asked how do you get the safety off. I had my stepson with me. I grabbed my stuff and left. I shoot exclusively at the farm with my friends (they know I'm a big stickler over range safety more so with the step children with me).

That's exactly how I set it up for my wife her first time. Have yet to get her to shoot the AK or AR. She isn't comfortable with anything but her 10/22 in a rifle but she handles the G17 and G22 fine. She is uncomfortable with her revolver, grip size is too short and she gets nervous after about 4 shots. I have been to public range where people were operating an MP5 rental and had no idea about safety. Wife won't go back after that issue. After that we will shoot in the woods before we risk getting full-auto guns pointed at us

Its all negligence and stupidity on the guys part. I wouldnt do that my GF, as I want her to enjoy shooting. Its assholes like those in the video that create people that go against guns and our way of thinking and lifestyle. To be honest, I wouldnt want to be on a range or shooting spot with the guys that created those videos. If they have that level of disrespect for the girl and the gun, then thats an accident waiting to happen.

Some funny most not!

As for the Arabs=funny to me. As for the idiot guys with the scopes mounted too far back and get nozzled=funny to me!

But any and all the ones that think it is funny to put a high recoiling firearm into the hands of an inexperienced shooter( even more so women), deserve to get their ass handed to them! I have zero tolerance for that shit!

But yeah these dick heads are out there. At the outdoor shooting range I am a member of that crap is not tolerated. We have very good RO's and can tell the idiots from the regulars. Not to mention with an RO not present many of us members suddenly become RO's, with out much issue! That shit gets regulated fast.

I will say that one of my friends in college (who was all of about 120lbs soaking wet) was determined to shoot my 10 gauge. 

I worked her up to it eventually, but she was bucking at every level to go right to that H+R.  Its a real shame to watch some guys just hand over the guns without doing anything with stance/grip/starting out with a gun that she can handle.

There is a whole lot of stupid stuff in this world. That said, the first gun that my bride shot (34 years ago) was my S&W Model 29 8 3/8" barrel .44 Magnum. My dad, who was an NRA certified Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun instructor was along with us. He took her aside for about 20 minutes and came back and darned if she didn't outshoot me with my own revolver. LOL Bottom line is that proper training and preparation avoid all this crap unless you hand them a T-Rex or .500 S&W.

What the heck is that at 23 seconds?  A 12 gauge shell rolls of the table and then goes off?  Say what?

Just a guess: the shell wasn't crimped (looks like he's loading) and dumped a bunch of powder onto a space heater.

I always enjoy watching someone pop themselves in the face trying to show of with a pistol gripped shotgun.

A cousin bust his mouth with mine once, even after putting at least 15 rounds previously! It was funny, it was sad, it was embarrassing because he a already had shot it! 

I always enjoy watching someone pop themselves in the face trying to show of with a pistol gripped shotgun.

A cousin bust his mouth with mine once, even after putting at least 15 rounds previously! It was funny, it was sad, it was embarrassing because he a already had shot it! 

You must be from the south...  Yee-haw...  Squeal like a pig!haha.gif

I think it's funny that a lot of them paid the price for their stupidity.

On the flip side...  Video's like this make us all look like what the gun grabbers project us as.  

It always amazed me that you have to take a Hunter's Safety course to hunt animals, but anyone of legal age (and meeting other criteria) can go into Walmart and purchase a gun.

Logic accounts for nothing.