The U.S. Patent Office has canceled six trademarks belonging to the Washington Redskins football team, saying they are offensive to Native Americans.

In a decision released today, the office's Trademark Trial and Appeal Board ruled that the "that these registrations must be canceled because they were disparaging to Native Americans."

The board also said it lacked the authority to prevent the team from continuing to use the trademarks.

The decision came in response to a suit brought by what the board called "five Native Americans."

WTF?  Now the PATENT Office is involved in Political Correctness? 

I don't even know where to start on just how idiotic this is...

This is so retarded, It almost makes me wanna puke.  

They should pull the New York Yankees Trademark as being offensive to... well...?  EVERYONE!

I guess the Indians and Braves will be next of the PC hit list!

Yep!  This country is going down the shitter fast!

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 3

The moves to remove the redskins character from football has been going on for a couple years now.

Yeah it's Bullshit.

Oh!  I know.  Even though most Native Americans (including myself) have no problem with the name "Redskins".  The difference now is that it's been elevated to the form of government censorship.  The Saint's and Padres will probably be next as "Religious" trademarks and get yanked.

Macbeau...

The steady march of tyranny. Every day we are less free than the day before. Oh, but we're all more "equal" and that's all that matters.

Of course there are always those at the top who are more equal than we are. We are governed by their whims instead of the rule of law.

But as long as there are iphones and starbucks most will never care that their country is becomming a dictatorship.

• Like 5

My Native American (Cherokee) ancestors are fucking rolling in their graves right now!! What a crock of SHIT!!  The Redskins have been my team since I first started getting into football in about 1971. My Great Grandmother was 100% Cherokee and I have never been offended one bit by the name! In fact I was drawn to them early because of that mascot. Just another fucking example of the US Gubmnent stepping all over the Native American if you ask me!!   010.gif    022.gif    016.gif

anger.gif

• Like 6

...so when are the courts going to force rappers NWA (Niggers With Attitude) to change their name?

All this PC thought police anti-1st Amendment bullshit pisses me off.

Don't like what you hear? Don't listen.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

And then... the rest of the story. 

http://conservativetribune.com/redskins-fight-back/

Well - good for the Redskins, but what this means is that their registered trademark goods are free for anyone to copy and sell freely.  Unlike any other professional sports organization, ANYONE can market "Redskins" merchandise with no reprocussions by the judicial system.  Anyone can have their own "official" Redskins"  web site and sell "official" Redskins products.  They just can't use the NFL trademarks in doing so - because they are still protected - so far.  

It's puts them at a serious disadvantage to other teams in the NFL - as far as revenue is concerned.  Basically, they no longer have exclusive rights to their own name, logo or anything else that exclusively identifies the team as the REDSKINS...

Social engineering at it's finest.

Karl Marx, Leonid Lenin, Chairman Mao and Pol Pot would be proud!

If you're gonna FUCK UP a paradise of opportunity - THIS is how you do it...

Macbeau....

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 2

Just another way that the American Gov can look the Native Americans in the face and tell them how they are helping them, just like they did in the past. I got Cherokee blood in me, so does my wife, (but I think at times, hers is Apache).  :)

• Like 2

Think about this...

Lets say (in the not too distant future) the Patent Office pulls the trademark of Coke, Ford and McDonalds because their original founders once owned slaves (150 years ago).  Lets say Olive Garden and Popa John's lose their trademark because they are not sensitive to the Chinese.  Lets say WalMart and Sears loose all patents because they don't support (illegal) immigration...

That is the president this sets.

The FEDERAL government will aggressively seek to financially RUIN you if you don't conform to Political Correctness or social engineering..

That is coercion and thought control.

Just dwell on that a while...

Macbeau...

Edited by macbeau

Think about this...

Lets say (in the not too distant future) the Patent Office pulls the trademark of Coke, Ford and McDonalds because their original founders once owned slaves (150 years ago).  Lets say Olive Garden and Popa John's lose their trademark because they are not sensitive to the Chinese.  Lets say WalMart and Sears loose all patents because they don't support (illegal) immigration...

The FEDERAL government will aggressively seek to financially RUIN you if you don't conform to Political Correctness or social engineering..

Macbeau...

Communism at it's finest, this is how central gubmit works, everything runs through the Kremlin.

Where did all the neysayers go tinfoilhat.gif

Think about this...

Macbeau...

Communism at it's finest, this is how central gubmit works, everything runs through the Kremlin.

Where did all the neysayers go tinfoilhat.gif

Yeah!  And the "Tin Foil Hat / Conspiracy Theorist's / The Constitutionalist's who think the Constitution will keep Obama and his croney's in check " ?   Where are the people who think Obama is a lame duck and can't do anything domestically because he can't do anything internationally?

Just wondering?

Macbeau....

And then... the rest of the story. 

http://conservativetribune.com/redskins-fight-back/

Well - good for the Redskins, but what this means is that their registered trademark goods are free for anyone to copy and sell freely.  Unlike any other professional sports organization, ANYONE can market "Redskins" merchandise with no reprocussions by the judicial system.  Anyone can have their own "official" Redskins"  web site and sell "official" Redskins products.  They just can't use the NFL trademarks in doing so - because they are still protected - so far.  

It's puts them at a serious disadvantage to other teams in the NFL - as far as revenue is concerned.  Basically, they no longer have exclusive rights to their own name, logo or anything else that exclusively identifies the team as the REDSKINS...

Social engineering at it's finest.

Karl Marx, Leonid Lenin, Chairman Mao and Pol Pot would be proud!

If you're gonna FUCK UP a paradise of opportunity - THIS is how you do it...

Macbeau....

trademark names and copyrighted images are different animals you cant just start making jerseys and sell them the image is copyrighted

The steady march of tyranny. Every day we are less free than the day before. Oh, but we're all more "equal" and that's all that matters.

Of course there are always those at the top who are more equal than we are. We are governed by their whims instead of the rule of law.

But as long as there are iphones and starbucks most will never care that their country is becomming a dictatorship.

I concur.  We are so fucked, and the sheep will not open their eyes until it's too late.  At least the media is starting to fire warning shots over the bow.  Hopefully, these warning shots lead to an all out assault on the regime.

...so when are the courts going to force rappers NWA (Niggers With Attitude) to change their name?

All this PC thought police anti-1st Amendment bullshit pisses me off.

Don't like what you hear? Don't listen.

No, because they arnt racist. Its like a Asian calling another Asian slant eye or white guy calling another white guy cracker. In this case it would be a Indian calling another Indian Redskin. Thats ok. (the way I understand it). And no, if you make them change their name you're supress their creativity and emotions

Total PC bull.

I hope they keep using it, despite logo theft. The NFL Logo is still trademarked.

This is a scary road.

Hurt feelings should not be part of any law.

Edited by Sim_Player