Tony Stewart Hits and Kills Driver on Racetrack

If we cant BAN THEM, then they must be LIMITED in power!!!

At least in Cup racing they already are... They're aero limited too...

Its funny how analogous NASCAR is to 2A rights when you start to think about it... Most of us would be prototype racers, about as close as it gets to unlimited, at Le Mans if we had our way in that regard...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude seriously.... Do you actually believe a true professional champion NASCAR driver like Stewart is would ever in a million years try to intentionally hit another driver (out of his car) with intent

Stupid hurts.  You don't get out of your car until the safety crew arrives.  Every driver knows that.  You don't run out in front of moving cars.  Every person with a functional brain cell knows that.

Many Nascar drivers, especially Stewart, have jumped out of their wrecked cars on the track to "scold" the "offending" driver as they passed by under caution. Many people thought Stewart was a "hero"

No grandstands in the area where it happened, I doubt anyone but Tony knows what took place. I spent 2 years in my younger days working on dirt modifieds for a friend, depending on the conditions the track can get slick as snot-it almost looked like the kid may have tried to back pedal and lost his footing a bit. The only good that can come from this would be to make the drivers stay in their fucking cars, pissed or not. Earnhardt refused to wear the HANS device calling it a noose, after his death it became mandatory and I personally feel the device and the safer barriers have saved a minimum of tens of drivers from serious injury or death. If they tell these guys to stay in the car or the penalty will be high, most will stay put. Even at the dirt tracks most these guys race for points and don't want to jack up their ranking. If it saves one, it's worth it. I never sat in a Winged Sprint so I'm not sure what the field of vision is. Ward Looked to be down past mid track in a turn, if you didn't know he was there it's probably the last place you'd expect to see a person out of their car (I think most would be looking in front and at the wrecked car up top).  Stewart is just one of those drivers that I always looked up to, kind of like Kenny Wallace for the fact that they never forgot their roots and truly seemed to just love to race. Man I hope he just didn't see the kid until it was too late. Regardless, he's going to have to live with this one.

• Like 2

I have buddies who race Late Models and Sprints. I have driven a $60K+ Late Model during hot laps to warm it up and it is a handful on a dirt track, a Sprint even more so. The cars are set up to go left and go fast. They don't stop for shit either. These types of race cars handle like a jet ski. If you want steering, you have to steer and accelerate to break the ass end loose to get the front end pointed in the direction you want it to go. No propulsion equals virtually no steering. Stewart did blip the throttle to get his front end realigned before hitting him. Had he not have done that, the whole car would have went over him, not just clipping him with the rear end. Rule number one on any racing circuit is to stay in the cage unless you are on fire. Flesh and bone does not stand up well against steel and aluminum.

• Like 1

I fucking hate Tony Stewart, but was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt even though I can't stand that asshat or his attitude. The more I see of the vid though, the more fishy it looks to me.

But the guy that got hit had ZERO reason to be out of his car and acting like those prima donnas we see in Nascar now. Give a hothead like Stewart a chance and maybe he WILL run you over. That's why you start your fights and then clean his clock in the pits....

Now days it seems like you can put your life on the line way too easy to try to make a point.

I don’t think Tony hit him deliberately but I doubt that Kevin was going to make a important statement of rage that was worth risking his life to make.

Everyday road rage or even a stupid bar fight can get someone killed.

To have all the protection in the world and jump out of it into the middle of a dirt race track is just pure nuts. To live through the wreck just to get killed yelling at someone who couldn’t hear you anyway is crazy to me.

If Kevin had a do over I’d hope he’d kept his ass buckled in that roll cage, the rest of his life wasn’t worth a few moments of anger.

• Like 1

Just saw a crawl that Tony's been cleared of any criminal wrongdoing for the accident.  Looks like it's 100% Ward's fault for getting out of the car.

I think this ends this thread.

He should have never left his car. There are several comments in this thread about a civil suite....with the ass-pile of waivers you have to sign to race is that even possible? I am sure you can't sue the track for anything that happens to you while on the property. Ever read the back of a race ticket your waiver is right there..I am not sure about other suing other drivers? Guess it would depend on the language of the specific waiver?

There is a new video from a different angle clearly showing Ward reaching into Stewart's cage and even tried to jump on the nerd bar to get at him.

Damned hard (and amazingly foolish) to try to do on an open-wheel race car!  :wacko:

There is a new video from a different angle clearly showing Ward reaching into Stewart's cage and even tried to jump on the nerd bar to get at him.

That could explain the throttle...no a lot of room in there....trying to keep from getting punched could lead to accendental mashing of throttle. Link please?

I sure hope someone got a copy of it quickly and saved it so it can get shared with the public. I hope it goes viral and everyone sees it. What if they decide to try and seal it and bury it away "out of respect for the family" or something? If this guy pretty much committed "suicide by opponent's race car" even accidentally and unintentionally for acting a fool like he did, then today's finger pointing public needs to be made fully aware of that. No matter what the investigation finds and states after it's over, this is never going to be over for Tony Stewart. Whether you like him or hate him it will be very sad and unfair for his career to take a nosedive by losing sponsors and who knows what else. He's already going to suffer mentally for the rest of his life and it will prolly also effect his driving for a long time.

Wow, if you pause it a few times you CAN actually see him hanging on the car for a split second.

I have no idea what that kid was thinking. That is just so unbelievable that he would ever think he would be able to do that without injury.

The guy actually jumped up and held onto the wing. Or some where close to it and that is what made the car break loose and jolt to the side. Not tony hitting the gas and sliding into him.

Wow, if you pause it a few times you CAN actually see him hanging on the car for a split second.

I have no idea what that kid was thinking. That is just so unbelievable that he would ever think he would be able to do that without injury.

The guy actually jumped up and held onto the wing. Or some where close to it and that is what made the car break loose and jolt to the side. Not tony hitting the gas and sliding into him.

After viewing this about twenty times...  I don't think TS even hit him.  Dumbass jumped on the wing.  TS did gun it to get away from the stupid bastard.  I'm giving TS prop's for being alert enough to TRY to get away from him.

Well... I was afraid of this. sad.png   I did think about his nerves & reflexes and his whole psyche being shot to shit for at least the rest of this season but...

Damn. He will be missed!

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-stewart-to-announce-retirement-from-auto-racing-after-accident-that-kills-competing-driver/#.U-0bQEZgKwo.facebook

Ahh well fuck a bunch of pop up ads full of interweb nonsense... geez!  All I can say about that is KICKASS! More reason to celebrate and have a rockin Friday woo! It's five o'clock somewhere! 

laugh.pngbeer.gif

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/878722-tony-stewart-retires-hoax-to-announce-retirement-from-auto-racing-after-accident-that-kills-competing-driver-nascar-article-is-fake/

• 1 month later...

Grand Jury; No charges.

Looks like some marijuana was detected and may have "impaired" judgement.

"Tony Stewart (http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/cup/driver/tony-stewart/381761) will not face criminal charges in the crash that killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr. during a sprint car race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park on Aug. 9.
The determination that charges will not be filed was made by a grand jury in Ontario County (N.Y.) Wednesday afternoon, following two days of hearings.
"This week an Ontario County grand jury has been meeting to hear testimony and review evidence gathered in the Tony Stewart matter, relating to the death of Kevin Ward at the Canandaigua Motor Speedway on Aug. 9, 2014. The grand jury has completed its investigation," said Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo. "During the course of the grand jury presentation, approximately two dozen witnesses testified. These included a number of race car drivers, racetrack employees and volunteers, two accident reconstruction experts, medical personnel, and a number of police officers. In addition, the grand jury reviewed a number of photographs and video recordings, as well as other documentary evidence. After listening to and questioning all of the witnesses, and reviewing all of the evidence, the grand jury has determined that there is no basis to charge Tony Stewart with any crimes; his case was 'No-Billed' by the grand jury."
Tantillo also said marijuana was detected in Ward's system during his autopsy. Tantillo said the levels were enough to "impair" Ward's judgment.
Just minutes after Wednesday afternoon's grand jury decision, Stewart released a statement through his publicist, Mike Arning.
"This has been the toughest and most emotional experience of my life, and it will stay with me forever. I'm very grateful for all the support I've received and continue to receive," the statement read."

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-driver-tony-stewart-won-t-be-charged-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-092414?cmpid=msn%3Afoxsports%3Aansfox11>1=msnans (http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-driver-tony-stewart-won-t-be-charged-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-092414?cmpid=msn%3Afoxsports%3Aansfox11&gt1=msnans)