California Spirals Further Down the Toilet

Hello 1984?

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

California spirals further down the toilet, bans the word Alien from California state labor laws.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law Monday that bans the word “alien” from the state’s labor laws.

SB 432, introduced by State Sen. Tony Mendoza (D-Artesia), removes the term “alien,” previously defined as “any person who is not a born or fully naturalized citizen of the United States.” It also removed the state’s preference for hiring U.S. citizens on public works projects during periods of unemployment.

The bill passed the State Senate unanimously. Mendoza said at the time the State Senate approved the bill that the term “alien” was “offensive,” adding: “It has no place in our laws and should not be the basis of employment hiring.” Last month, as the State Assembly added its approval, he said: “Alien is now commonly considered a derogatory term for a foreign -born person and has very negative connotations.”

Hey Gov. Moonbat,
lets look at the definition of Alien.

someone hand that idiot a dictionary...

a·li·en
/ˈālēən/
adjective
adjective: alien
1. belonging to a foreign country or nation.
•unfamiliar and disturbing or distasteful.
"bossing anyone around was alien to him"
synonyms: unfamiliar, unknown, strange, peculiar; More
exotic, foreign
"an alien landscape"
•incompatible with, unusual for, opposed to, conflicting with, contrary to, in conflict with, at variance with, out of step with;
rareoppugnant to
"a vicious role alien to his nature"
antonyms: familiar
•relating to or denoting beings supposedly from other worlds; extraterrestrial.
"an alien spacecraft"
synonyms: extraterrestrial, unearthly, otherworldly; More
Martian, Jovian, Venutian
"alien beings"
antonyms: earthly
•(of a plant or animal species) introduced from another country and later naturalized.
noun
noun: alien; plural noun: aliens
1. a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.
"an illegal alien"
synonyms: foreigner, nonnative, immigrant, emigrant, émigré
"an illegal alien"

The slow annexation of California by Mexico continues.

• Like 4

So that would make native born Californians indigenously challenged? Do they still sell 'white bread". I'm going out on a racist limb here, but I always liked "black" rye bread from the Pollack meat market in Utica. My grandparents were Polish and considered immigrants because they chose to "immigrate to America", LEGALLY. They jumped through the hoops and paperwork and raised eight children. They worked towards a dream and seeing it coming true made them proud. I am proud to be Polish, but even more proud to be an American. Native Americans must think we are all aliens.  Bubba Watson is still an asshole!

• Like 2

A lot of my in laws in California are Hispanic and have been there for about 3 generations now.  Came up the LEGAL WAY and earned every right.  It was not easy for them.  Now that family down there includes teachers, lawyers, etc..  Very successful and they to a person do not like the illegals presently coming up through the CA sewer pipes.  Makes one wonder why this law was passed.  This new California law is just going to piss off lots of LEGAL Latinos.

• Like 5

Every single prediction in 1984 is coming true except the year.

I have little hope the reality will end any different than the "fiction".

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 4

As in NY, the majority of the population must agree with these feel good measures otherwise there would be wide spread protests and indignation. I sympathize with the ones that don't want and can't tolerate measures such as this as their numbers must be few. I have no regrets leaving there in '78. It's truly sickening to know California represents the bottom of the barrel for a lot of good, decent people and they can't do a thing about it. Kansas may be flat, but we're not stupid, except when it comes to taxing ourselves into poverty.

Donald Trump for president! super_man.gif

Shame on you. He's the political Kanye West. Lived most of his life with a D next to his name. Paid to make sure Dianne Fienstein, Hillary C, and Harry Reid were elected.

Every business he has touched has failed. He's a clownish braggart and changes his views to be "controversial". The only consistent thing is bad taste and huge ego.

• Like 6

I'm with gunfun on this. I worked on a trump project in Chicago and he filed for bankruptcy (for the 7th? Time) while on the project.

So let me get this straight. The majority of republicans are ok with a potential leader who's model is to say. " yeah, let's do this, it will b the best ever! "

Halfway through say " yeah, no. I don't want to/ I'm out of money/ investors backed out etc. "

It's a crappy model for business (ethically). How will that fare when American lives are on the line?

Fuck trump. I live in illinios and I vote every election even though I know which way this state goes. Still have to try. Never had much of a problem with the republican candidate until now. This will be the first primary I ever vote in because I refuse to cast a vote for the selfish asshole.

• Like 4

Hopefully Trump will fade away and not pull a Perot. 

Of course he might go all the way.  Egomaniac clowns have been elected to high office before.  I'm talking to you Ventura and Franken.

If he does go to the white house he'll do the same thing as hussein.  Which is to throw fits when congress doesn't do what he wants and start slinging eos.

Would he be better than hussein?  Probably.  But he's made completely of ego, with absolutely no moral or ethical core, so who knows.  Put the power of the presidency in his hands and all bets are off.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

Donald Trump for president! super_man.gif

Shame on you. He's the political Kanye West. Lived most of his life with a D next to his name. Paid to make sure Dianne Fienstein, Hillary C, and Harry Reid were elected.

Every business he has touched has failed. He's a clownish braggart and changes his views to be "controversial". The only consistent thing is bad taste and huge ego.

You know what GunFun (and the rest of you nay-sayers)?  I don't give a fuck about all that and neither should any of you; who Trump has given money to in the past Who else; what other Republican candidate (RINO if you prefer) will ACTUALLY build a fucking wall across our southern boarder?  NONE OF THEM, except for Trump, they are all talk when it comes to that.  I figure if Donald Trump does one thing, just one fucking thing during his Presidency, and that one thing is building a wall to secure our southern boarder, then he will have been worth it.  I also believe him when he says he would bring our military BACK to being the best and finest in the world.

98% of the rest of the Republican presidential candidates, if they get elected, have the limp-dick Republican party and caucus in the House and Senate to deal with and therefore all their good and noble ideas and intentions won't amount to a pile of shit.  Just pause for a moment and THINK about the cabinet members Trump would put together to implement his ideas and policies?

The GOP as is, is CRAP.  You all should look at the bigger picture and absolutely dismiss whatever political leanings Trump has exhibited in the past.  The past is the past.  Like "duh!"  Or perhaps you'd prefer electing one of the alleged "pure conservative" Republican candidates just so that during his first term in office, he and the limp-dick GOP will convey a hundred-thousand times to Americans, "... it's all Obummer's and the Demorats' fault" just as Obummer did regarding Bush and the Republicans?  That's what would happen..... but not with Trump.

scorn.gif

• Like 2

Trump supporters might want to look closely at Obama supporters.  Blindly believing what somebody says because it's something they want to hear, and attacking anybody who doesn't  believe it.  It's a textbook cult of personality.

Trump says he'll build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.  Sounds great.  Sounds really really really great.  I mean, like too good to be true great. 

People running for office say lots of things.  And they always do what they say, right?

Kind of like when Obama said "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."  "A typical family will save around $2,500 a year."  And on and on.

I lost my rose colored glasses a long time ago.  I see Trump for what he is, which is a giant and fragile ego that throws tantrums when he doesn't get enough adoration.  He is as much a child as the current inhabitant of the white house.

• Like 2

Wow.... You're a political and ideological idiot-savant.

So, WHO is the guy or gal to vote for, aye?  It's so easy to bash and pile-on, but having an original thought or showing conviction is rather challenging, if not completely non-existent within all of your replies.

WHO THEN?

Edited by Gary
  • Like 2

I think it was Herman Cain who said " When the GOP gets the majority in congress, they start acting like democrats". In the primary my vote currently will be for Cruz. That may change be tween now and then, we will see how that plays out.

Fiorina is really impressing me and hopefully will get on the higher debate rounds.

As far as Trump goes, they all spew shit and will have a skeleton or two in the closet. Do I want to see a wall across the southern border, heck yes. If he wins the GOP will I vote for him, yes I will.

Anyone in the field on both sides could do serious damage on top of what has already been done in the last few decades. 

• Like 2

While I enjoy Trump's "screw you" attitude towards the media and his critics, I am not excited about him as a presidential candidate. IMHO when choosing a candidate in the primaries, their past actions are extremely important because it is the best and most reliable indicator of what they will do in the future. They say people can change, which is true. But it is the exception not the norm, especially on principled issues. People will or won't get my vote based on their track record and what they have done in the past, not what they say they will do.

Based on that, there are a couple of candidates in the republican primary that I can get behind, notably Scott Walker and Ted Cruz. Both have stood up against their own party and have fought based on their principles despite the political consequences.

As far as candidates go, look into their records, how they voted, their business acumen if new to politics. If people would get off their rear ends and do a little research instead of allowing sound bites and the media to shape their opinions, we might actually have a decent candidate.

FTR, that last comment was not directed at anyone on this thread or on the forum. Just an observation of people in general and how we choose our candidates. For the first time as long as I can remember, the media and party chosen candidates in both political parties aren't doing so well with the actual voters. Refreshing to say the least.

• Like 2

What people did in the (recent) past is the best predictor of what they actually will do in the future and the best way to assess what they really value.

Talk is cheap. Another thing Trump did a lot of in the past is say one thing and do the opposite. That should matter to the people who like what he is saying now.

Wow.... You're a political and ideological idiot-savant.

So, WHO is the guy or gal to vote for, aye?  It's so easy to bash and pile-on, but having an original thought or showing conviction is rather challenging, if not completely non-existent within all of your replies.

WHO THEN?

Well, Scott Walker actually does what he says. And a lot of that is pretty kick-ass. Most of it was supposedly impossible. He also did not care a bit that people who always disagreed with him trash talked him constantly. He just didn't strut around like a middle school bully making threats. He was too busy breaking the public employee union's in his bankrupt state to play those games.

Is he the only guy I would vote for? No. But I can say I would never EVER vote for any of the following: HRC, Trump, McCain. They have plenty of observable record of doing bad things saying stupid things and every once in a while saying something that sounds kinda good unless you stop and think about it.

• Like 1

And the Dems made fun of Reagan because he was an actor.

Don't count Trump out completely. Is he my first choice, no.

I'm enjoying watching the squishy GOP leadership and the Liberal Democrats

being scared to death of politics potentially going "off script".

If he wins it will be a protest vote against 8 years of pain felt by a large percentage of the country that the GOP did little to avert.

He has a few things going for him...

He doesn't owe anything to the GOP.

The Dems hate him.

The Liberal Media can make fun of him (giving him free advertising). Every attack seems to backfire.

Would he come after our guns? I dought it.

What issues are left that he could make worse? Obama rang every bell he could find.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1