I've realized I'm the opposite of "recoil sensitive" I really kinda like a gun beating the shit out of me when I fire it. A bruised shoulder and or sore palms are like love marks from the forearm. I might only be spending only 60-120 minutes shooting off the rounds but I get to have a week of poking the deep crimson spot on my upper arm and giggling.

So with that in mind what are the hardest recoiling rounds y'all have ran. The two that messed me up the worst so far have been Super-X #2 birdshot and 1oz slugs both in 2.75in. Rem Sluggers and Federal slugs didn't do much. [though maybe its because my gas tube was full of lead?] Same with Sellier & Bellot 00 buck, barely felt it. Looking to get some Noblesport 00 buck rounds, and I'm hoping they'll give me a good tactile response but they're not easy to get so I'm wondering about more common rounds.

Any suggestions?

if your into pain just get yourself a good solid steel carpenters hammer and and start whacking yourself in the head until you can't remember your name. beaten.gif grimace.gif

and step up to 3" magnums if you want to get smacked around more.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 2

Remington Express 3" 00 buck has some spice to it. You need a triangle folder to get the full ass kicking effect of it. Makes a great fireball too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iowylsO3ScU

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

I'll have to try out a few of my 3in #4 buck then, I can always buy some more to replace them. Any that are less than a dollar a shell, or are the hard hitters a premium product? 

I should specify I'm only not shooting the Super-X slugs because they're what they sell at the shooting range and I want to look at the lane when I'm done and see that "I was there" if that makes any sense [probably doesn't since I said it].

These should do the trick. Hottest I could find.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/523727/lightfield-commander-ids-plus-ammunition-12-gauge-3-1-2-1-3-8-oz-sabot-slug-box-of-5

Ballistics Information:

• Muzzle Velocity: 1890 fps
  • Muzzle Energy: 4759 ft. lbs.

I'd suggest either no shirt or just a T-shirt. 

Also, get RID of that recoil pad and go with a hard buttplate.

If you don't mind a single shot, an H&R turkey gun would satisfy that need for recoil. At about 6lbs, it's pretty light. Great hunting gun too.

• Like 2

A buddy of mine let me fire his 416 Rigby. NASTY. Very light big game rifle. Hard buttplate. It felt like someone rang my skeleton with a hammer.

I've got a pistol gripped 12ga double that would break a wrist if you're stupid enough to pull both triggers one handed.

Edited by patriot

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/523727/lightfield-commander-ids-plus-ammunition-12-gauge-3-1-2-1-3-8-oz-sabot-slug-box-of-5

Ballistics Information:

If you don't mind a single shot, an H&R turkey gun would satisfy that need for recoil. At about 6lbs, it's pretty light. Great hunting gun too.

Good God! Let's NOT think about JDeko without a shirt. amazing.gif

I should specify I mean out of my smooth bore Saiga 12. But I was very amused to see that 3.5in sabot slug. Now I want to see what those would do to all the stuff people shoot on guntube...

It'll still work through a smoothbore. You'll lose a bit of accuracy though. There's a review on Midway stating accurate to 75yds thru smoothbore.

If your Saiga has screw in chokes, a rifled choke tube would be just the thing.

• Like 1

It does, so I technically could do that. 

I'm more asking of the more common 2.75 and 3in 12ga rounds which ones hit the hardest. I'll still make a list of these for if I feel like splurging and having a more expensive trip to the range shooting those bomb-shaped slugs and whatnot. 

this stuff has a fair chance of being some of the most brutal ammo. Or the slug version, but that needs rifling to work right. http://www.remington.com/ammo/shotshell/waterfowl-loads/hypersonic-steel

It uses a Hi-Lo mechanism in the wad to have a longer burn time. The tech was originally devised for mortars and other thin barrel ~long range ordinance.That means more muzzle energy under the pressure limits of the barrel. ME= recoil

• Like 1

this stuff has a fair chance of being some of the most brutal ammo. Or the slug version, but that needs rifling to work right. http://www.remington.com/ammo/shotshell/waterfowl-loads/hypersonic-steel

It uses a Hi-Lo mechanism in the wad to have a longer burn time. The tech was originally devised for mortars and other thin barrel ~long range ordinance.That means more muzzle energy under the pressure limits of the barrel. ME= recoil

Nice! 2 stage burn in a shotgun shell. I didn't know this was out there!

I was thinking of getting a couple boxes to see if they're fun to shoot, kinda cuts into my neurotic desire to shoot something that will scream "I brought my own ammo!" but whatever, the S&B and Rem shells sure looked different on the floor but didn't feel like much to shoot. So maybe Super-X is just pretty hot loads, the BB rounds built up on me too when I hunted with them. 

Brenneke Black Magic Magnum.

''Those are week"

Then I am a big, flopping, sloppy, wide open, bleeding pussy (and I am not I might add).  Those damn things in my 870 jarred my fillings and knocked some boogers loose in my nose.  Holy crap, to hell with them, unless I have to take a grizzly, brick wall or V8 engine block out. 

• Like 1

Ballistics Information:

Lightfield has a reputation on the slug forum for being some of the most accurate slugs you can get too.

• Like 1