Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:07 AM

http://www.alpharubi...rgetkingpin.htm
http://www.varmintal.com/atarg.htm
http://www.gamecalls...ee_targets.html

Had more, will post if i can find them....what do you guys have for free targets?
  • TODDNAUSTIN likes this
Rockin the Saiga world since 2003

#2 Gaddis

Gaddis

Squeeze my lemon 'till the juice runs down my leg

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:51 PM

http://www.targetz.com/

I especially like their "flies and poop" target. :)

"Right On, Vas"

#3 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:21 PM

AH, here is an interesting pistol target for right handed shooters:

Attached Files

#4 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:25 PM

And for lefties...there are bullseye freebies on this site, which is where the two I COPIED and posted (so sue me) came from. check em out.

I had posted this link wrong, the old link was to a target program with some targets....THIS is the link that I wanted to paste originally, which is where these two pistol targets came from. some good bullseye targets, couple others.

http://www.ammoman.c...ts/targets1.htm

Attached Files

Edited by Bvamp, 19 May 2004 - 05:42 PM.

#5 NRAJOE

NRAJOE

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:46 PM

Best free targets on the internet... :super:

http://www.beartooth...isc/targets.htm
U.S. Army 1976-79
237th Engineer Battalion
Wharton Barracks
Heilbronn, Germany

Come join my MSN community..........452 MEMBERS STRONG NOW!!!
Manager: North American Gunrunners.............
http://groups.msn.co...ricanGunrunners

#6 emclean

emclean

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

This Website is about promoting shooting and target skills by use of simulated targets. Many people who shoot are limited to only 100 yards or less, and do not have the opportunity or space to practice shooting at ranges of 300 or 400 yards or meters. This is where my project comes in.

http://www.ironsightaction.com/
I ONLY APPOLIGE FOR MY SPELLING!

#7 SaigaShooter

SaigaShooter

I Like Olive Drab

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:18 AM

I sometimes use these.
http://www.sportshoo...wnbagtarget.htm
-SS-

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:45 AM

another good one. right on saiga shooter.

I would like to add in three of my most used targets myself, although I have mentioned them elsewhere, and they are not free either:

hammer a beer bottle top onto a tree or stump with a rock or your UNLOADED gun's buttstock. 100 yards rifle scoped, 50 unscoped, 25 wheelgun, 8 autoloading pistol. really difficult shot.

spraypaint charcoal briquettes (grill coals) with surveyor's paint. 50 yards, iron sights, standing. biodegradeable too. close to a biatholon target size as well. 2.50 a bag of a few hundred. 6 bucks a can for paint which lasts a while if you dont go nuts with it. dont even need it with right backstop color. go 5 for 5 iron sights at 50 yards and you are doing good. move them out if you are on a bench rest.

FULL 12oz. beer can (for weight and just, well, fun). throw overhead with a full shotgun with skeet loads. you miss it if you miss with ANY shots. you should be able to make the thing fly high, and hit it with every round you touch off, and should be able to put 8 rounds into a single can. empty cans just dont get enough loft for the first shot, and will make the ground too soon. when you are done it should still be at LEAST 10-15 feet off the ground. its harder than you think it is. in a clear area like a yard or clear field or other kept shooting area, walking is permitted to get better shot direction on target. wear shooting glasses if you do this one. the skeet pellets wont hurt you, only your eyes if you arent protected, even if you shoot straight up. Ive done it many many times, no problems. WEAR EYE PROTECTION!

for a more interesting spin, bet ammo or money if it is legal in your state with your buddies for score per set, or per round of 5 sets. it is WAY more fun than it seems like. people get damn serious after the first two rounds the first time at it.

these targets may be a little more practical to do if you have your own range and are a more casual shooter like myself. GREAT fun with a few buddies. granted, its not running a paladin course or anything, but is a lot more condusive to a regular guy like myself out with his friends for an afternoon. even the stupid paper dividers in your 20 round 7.62x39mm ammo boxes make GREAT targets.

Edited by Bvamp, 08 December 2004 - 12:56 AM.

• kencrawleysc likes this

#9 saigalova

saigalova

• 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:57 AM

The best thing I've shot yet was a crystal Frog candle holder!!!!!!!! 50 yds open sited - the mf'r shattered into a brilliant spray of tiny peices. in the sun light it was like looking into a misty water source!
I know that a propane bottle needs a flare or something lit next to it! :unsure:

my old standby is the beer bottle at 100yds. if you can hit it standing or moving, you'd be invited to my haulocost army!!!! don't worry folks I shootem' proped in a cardboard box, and tote out the remains. we wouldn't want the sasquatch to cut a toe!!!

for the ruger 10/22's a carton of eggs makes 12 KILLER targets. something about that round makes the egg explode and a precision target as well.!!

Edited by saigalova, 08 December 2004 - 04:58 AM.

• 86250rrippin likes this

#10 acetomatoco

acetomatoco

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:15 PM

More free targets.
http://www.americanw....us/TARGETS.htm
Ace
The actions of those people, are typical of what we see in the World.
Dumb,lame,weak,shallow,no-life low-life,jealous people ganging up together on Smart,Strong,Decent individuals to get on top.
The HAVE NOTS (including criminals) ganging up on the HAVES.
The Strong Will Not Tolerate This.

#11 asinner1979

asinner1979

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

from jews for the preservation of firearms ownership
Attached File  shootme.gif   20.56KB   98 downloads
  • bigsal and S-12 Pauly like this

#12 ivrfrkbrd

ivrfrkbrd

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

Empty soda bottles filled with colored water are amonst my favourite cheap targets. Also for long (300-400yd) open sight shooting I paint the bottles with surveyor's paint. This makes them glow on the prairie.

assinner1979- I really like your target man. Am sending one to my anti-gun brother-in-law. ( He's Jewish.)-frkbrd

#13 uzitiger

uzitiger

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

from jews for the preservation of firearms ownership
Attached File  shootme.gif   20.56KB   98 downloads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership also has a UN target. The UN is an abominable organization which wants to take away our rights including our Second Amendment. People shooting at the range like the idea of shooting at the UN logo.

I used to fill windshield washer bottles with water and shoot them with a .223 round and watch them explode from hydrostatic shock. I want to use one gallon milk bottles but now many ranges are strict about what you can shoot at.
I sometimes tape clay pigeons to my paper target and watch it disintegrate when hit. AOL CDs and wrappings also make good targets. It's fun shooting their disks especially since they are anti gun.

:osama: :killer:
:sadam: :killer:

Edited by uzitiger, 02 July 2005 - 02:35 PM.

You don't have to be Jewish to join JPFO

#14 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,258 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:37 PM

^This post is meaningless without video! ^ 

Ok... Range REPORT on tracers and propane bottles...

I think you might as well stick with the standard rounds and a road flare... cause The bullet zipped right thru the bottle, it flew about 10 feet across the yard from the gas escaping from it... and NONE... ZILCH... ZERO....NADA fireball, flame, FIRE, poof, boom, bang, ZOWIE, or WHOOMP.....

all in all... ABSOLUTELY UNREMARKABLE.....

we DID shoot a 5 gallon pail of water... also UNREMARKABLE... flipped it upside down, the pail landed on the lid... and water PEED out the TWO LITTLE 1/2 inch holes on either side of the bucket...

Mind you there was enough whoomp to flip a 40 pound bucket a foot and a half in the air and flip it 180 upside down... but other than that... with the FMJ rounds... nothing...

I am in the process of working on reloading some with some BARNES X rounds... when I get some of those... I think the bucket should just about VAPORIZE... over 12000 ft/lbs of muzzle energy at 100M will still be quite the punch... we will see...

:smoke:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#15 MAC_TEK

MAC_TEK

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

http://www.tackdriver.com/targets.htm

http://www.dto.com/hunting/downloads/

#16 busy_squirrel

busy_squirrel

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:08 PM

I know that a propane bottle needs a flare or something lit next to it! :unsure:

I got tired of the flares being blown out by the pressure when the tank was punctured. Found out today that spreading sterno on the ground and lighting it works best. No snuffs from pressurised gas or the rain.

Edited by busy_squirrel, 18 February 2007 - 10:09 PM.

That was why I thought the .40 would suffice, with normal, cheaper loads for everyday gunfights and the only need for the 200 grain hardcast loads would be bears, biker gangs, and mimes.

#17 ColdWar

ColdWar

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

great selection of targets here: Reload Bench Targets

sorry if it's already been posted.

Edited by ColdWar, 20 February 2007 - 03:00 PM.

#18 macbeau

macbeau

Pawn on the two-way range of life

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:20 AM

This one has a certain appeal...

Attached Files

"Inside every liberal is an American trying to get out." -- Macbeau (2004)

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash." -- Sir Winston Churchill (1943)

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC. (1991)

"Statistics in the hands of an liberal are like a lamp-post to a drunk - they're used more for support than illumination." -- Bill Sangster (1989)

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.
- Unknown...

#19 urotu

urotu

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

Great links, some good stuff out there.

For cheap targets, we use cheap soda, in both 2 litre and in cans. If you have a dollar store or a Wally World close by, you can buy the 2 litres as cheap as 50 cents a piece, and a 12 pack for around $2. For $10 - $20 dollars you get a good afternoon of blowing up stuff. Make sure you shake them up well before placing them, but be carefull, the cheap cans are prone to pop on their own if you toss them around. We generally take a garbage bag along to clean up the remains. Stay away from the Mountain Dew knock offs, they don't fizz as well, but the root beers and fruit flavored ones go off real big.

#20 Havoc308

Havoc308

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

6mmBR targets
If you can't take it apart, you don't own it.

~~ Und meine Seele spannte Weit ihre Flügel aus, Flog durch die stillen Lande, Als flöge sie nach Haus ~~

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

Saiga=The ability to buy more rifles and shotguns than you can swim with, for the price of one Springfield Armory M1A

3%

#21 xberet

xberet

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

Grab a bag of balloons, puff those suckers up, tie a 6" or so string to each, other end of the string tied to popsicle stick type thing to stick in the ground. Lay them out in a random pattern on a nice windy day... instant moving targets! As you get better, use a longer piece of string... just don't take your line of fire past your backstops.... a BIG honkin' hill is perfect.
Sometimes I sit and think..... sometimes I just sit..............

One day you're the dragon, next day you're the knight. It seems to all balance out over time.

#22 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:19 AM

I used to print out reduced size Silos on regular printer paper and some on legal paper. I would then get a girlfriend to tack them up in the wood near our old home. She would lay out multiple targets, father and sons (Hostage) and "no shoots" I would then put my CZ-22 Upper on my M4 and clear the course. I would do this one or twice a outing and a 3-4 times a month. When I was doing it regular nobody on our Tactical Team beat me in the fun house! And with the .22 it was cheap!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#23 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:25 AM

#24 buckandaquarterquarterstaff

buckandaquarterquarterstaff

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

A good practice target for 50 yards. Scoring above 90 standing at 50 yards is pretty good around here (that's a bit larger than a 50 cent piece for all 10). It took me 2 years to be able to do that, but now I can do it every other time out (that's one or two on a great day of my 5 groups, each of 10 shots of CCI blazer 22 from my toz - a typical day home from the office). My first group is always ugly, but they get better as I go along.

The saiga 308 keeps them all in the black which is pretty good bad guy medicine in my book.

Edited by buckandaquarterquarterstaff, 13 July 2007 - 10:02 PM.

#25 akok

akok

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

http://www.mmlane.com/targets
"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works."- "The Law" Frederick Bastiat -1848

#26 Twinsen

Twinsen

Swamp Yankee

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

^This post is meaningless without video! ^

Ok... Range REPORT on tracers and propane bottles...

I think you might as well stick with the standard rounds and a road flare... cause The bullet zipped right thru the bottle, it flew about 10 feet across the yard from the gas escaping from it... and NONE... ZILCH... ZERO....NADA fireball, flame, FIRE, poof, boom, bang, ZOWIE, or WHOOMP.....

all in all... ABSOLUTELY UNREMARKABLE.....

we DID shoot a 5 gallon pail of water... also UNREMARKABLE... flipped it upside down, the pail landed on the lid... and water PEED out the TWO LITTLE 1/2 inch holes on either side of the bucket...

Mind you there was enough whoomp to flip a 40 pound bucket a foot and a half in the air and flip it 180 upside down... but other than that... with the FMJ rounds... nothing...

I am in the process of working on reloading some with some BARNES X rounds... when I get some of those... I think the bucket should just about VAPORIZE... over 12000 ft/lbs of muzzle energy at 100M will still be quite the punch... we will see...

:smoke:

I blew a propane tank with a full auto Galil, and it was quite exciting. It definately lit. They make a big flash, but don't really explode, the metal doesn't tear apart. Then it flips around a little and eventually stops and just shoots flame out the holes.
I might end up being around a lot more.
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 patriot

patriot

Pro Patria Vigilans. Verbum Vincet

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

Want a 16oz propane bottle to make a fireball? Shoot it with a 50 BMG spotter/tracer into a hard backstop. Better be a few hundred yards off. If you happen to hit a bit high and blow the valve off it becomes a rocket with a random trajectory. Another fun one with the 50 is a 5gal bucket full of water, inverted. It goes off like a bomb from hydrostatic shock. Use a good hunting type bullet or a spotter, and ALWAYS be aware of your backstop.

Smaller stuff: Golf balls with any caliber. Ping pong balls are fun too. Eggs @ 175yds are tough targets and cheap. Don't forget pumpkins, but fill them with water first or they just don't do that much.

One of my favorites is a snowman with a bottle of tannerboom embedded in his chest. THAT is hilarious!
  • Dandiesel likes this

Fighting for your rights whether you deserve them or not. Pro Patria Vigilans
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein ...remember the Four BoxesJames 1:25
Tromix.....The best Saiga 12 you could buy. 

#28 747mech

747mech

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

Best team target I've found is a wadded up target.
Two of us blasted away at it with .22's
Bring a brick.
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right...

#29 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

team on team target I have seen - both teams hammer a 2x4 into the ground about 5-10 yards away, load up pistols, one mag extra each only, and at a signal race against each other to cut their 2x4 down before the other team can do the same. the one reload encourages rapid fire as well as accuracy. You can reload mags, but you lose a lot of time, even if you allow the ammo to be spread out on the bench. revolver guys should get three speed loaders.

Edited by Bvamp, 14 December 2007 - 10:48 AM.

#30 Gaddis

Gaddis

Squeeze my lemon 'till the juice runs down my leg

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

Shit, this has been on my HD forever (can't believe I never posted it)...

Attached File  koala.jpg   145.99KB   159 downloads

"Right On, Vas"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users