Atlantic Arms asking for input on producing mags for the .308

Nice to see Maryland so well represented. I'm in Mont. Co. Thanks again Atlantic Firearms for your R & D efforts. +1 more here- long suffering indeed G O B.

Montgomery County? Me too!

Sucks, don't it?

Kudos to you G O B for holding down the PeeGee fort- no easy task. Headshot you got it right, Mont Co. sucks, especially if you believe in the second amendment. PG and MC politicians just don't get it. And lastly, just for clarification my +1 comment on last post was in support of Headshot and G O B on a discount for Marylanders :) If I were able to purchase high cap mags, 1 would not be enough! I respect our moderators and did not intend to encourage preorder comments/requests.

Edited by USpride
You guys hear something?? Nah, me neither...

ROFL... :lol:

Thats ok... no one has to listen to me... just no grumbling when posts :unsure::unsure: mysteriously vanish... :unsure::unsure:

Honestly, though... I just REALLY hate all the "I'll take 'X' number" bullshit... Once the mags hit the market... I will be right in line with my money waving in the breeze hollering for some myself... but till then... Its just a waste of forum space, and the time of those reading the posts, hearing about who wants what... its been made clear that the market for all the hicaps is HUGE... make them they will SELL!! and probably sell VERY FAST! :up:

:smoke:

You guys hear something?? Nah, me neither...

ROFL... :lol:

Thats ok... no one has to listen to me... just no grumbling when posts :unsure::unsure: mysteriously vanish... :unsure::unsure:

Honestly, though... I just REALLY hate all the "I'll take 'X' number" bullshit... Once the mags hit the market... I will be right in line with my money waving in the breeze hollering for some myself... but till then... Its just a waste of forum space, and the time of those reading the posts, hearing about who wants what... its been made clear that the market for all the hicaps is HUGE... make them they will SELL!! and probably sell VERY FAST! :up:

Well how about some more pics of Saiga girl?

I will actually accept delivery of the total of production magazines that may be produced.

I will be the sole agent providing all management services in this endeavor...

After shipping, just e-mail Indy for two major credit card numbers to cover the products...he's bankrolling the enterprise.

Lollygagger :angel: (jus' had to)

I think a 20 rounder would be ideal. There really is no need for a 12 or 15. A four or five rounder might meet a very small demand by hunters living in states which prohibit the use of hi-cap mags. Just my opinion.

Monomonk

We will initially focus on the 20 round .308 AK mag to compete with the FAL & HK G3 20 round mag standard, if these are successfull there should be no problem offering a 12 or 15 round mag. Again we are in the early stages of R&D and market reserch on the viability of the project and are not offering any promises but are very serious about bringing Saiga .308 and 12 guage mags to the market . Thank You Atlantic Firearms,llc
Edited by monomonk
I think a 20 rounder would be ideal. There really is no need for a 12 or 15. A four or five rounder might meet a very small demand by hunters living in states which prohibit the use of hi-cap mags. Just my opinion.

Monomonk

two problems with that state,ment.

a ) nj has a 15 round mag limit so there is a need for it.

B ) saigas were made to be ban-proof and thus a nice percentage (I don't want to say majority) of saigas are in ban states like NY and NJ. thus while some of us in non-ban states have converted them and want hi-cap mags to compelete our so-called assault weapons into viable tools, those behind enemy lines buy saigas cause its a ban proof rifle that could take hi-caps (hi-caps being ten rounders to them - ouch!)....

Edited by chapperjoe

SCREW NEW JERSEY!!!!!!

Just joking. But no one is going to make different Saiga mags to meet the requirements of various over-regulated states and nations.

Monomonk

two problems with that state,ment.

a ) nj has a 15 round mag limit so there is a need for it.

B ) saigas were made to be ban-proof and thus a nice percentage (I don't want to say majority) of saigas are in ban states like NY and NJ. thus while some of us in non-ban states have converted them and want hi-cap mags to compelete our so-called assault weapons into viable tools, those behind enemy lines buy saigas cause its a ban proof rifle that could take hi-caps (hi-caps being ten rounders to them - ouch!)....

New what? ;)

Hey, if a 15 rounder would sell in higher numbers, then I'd say go for it - it's a lot better than 8.

But I think the reality is that 20 rounders will outsell any other size. We have 8 rounders available now for NJ and others, so that's covered.

You don't really expect the free states to follow the restrictions of the commie states now do you? ;)

I'd definitely be very interested in buying a few of these mags, if and when they're released. Pretty much the only issue I have with my wonderful rifle is the low capacity magazines.

If the mags are available. I would buy at least two S-12 and at least one .308 mag.

I typically buy 4 for each of my weapons. I prefer 30-40 rounds.

SKS. AK47, Saiga .308 and I'm working on getting a Saiga S-12.

How about a drum for the S-12? :angel:

I'd definitely be very interested in buying a few of these mags, if and when they're released. Pretty much the only issue I have with my wonderful rifle is the low capacity magazines.

If the mags are available. I would buy at least two S-12 and at least one .308 mag.

I typically buy 4 for each of my weapons. I prefer 30-40 rounds.

SKS. AK47, Saiga .308 and I'm working on getting a Saiga S-12.

How about a drum for the S-12? :angel:

Here you go...

photo160bassdrum.jpg

Wow, I'm 100% interested in this. I think you can count just about anyone who purchased a saiga-308 as interested in this. The value of the saiga-308 would seem to be its inexpensive price tag; it is sort of a "poor man's battle rifle." You can get better, but not at the kind of prices I would feel comfortable in paying - and, besides, if you can get 1MOA with your 16" barrel, do you need much more in a battle rifle?

So the main drawback was lack of ammunition. Since none of us that I know of depend on the rifle for our lives in a combat situation, it was more of a tacticool/aesthetics situation than anything else, and the low price outweighed that consideration.

Now with these, I think just about everyone who purchased one of these would be interested in one. I mean, consider: if you really needed some military-ish rifle, you'd have saved up for a FAL. If you wanted to be a hunter on the cheap, you could get a much more accurate boltie for less or the same price. Pretty much the biggest market for the Saiga is the "its inexpensive and fun to shoot!" market, along with the tactical-minded people who want something they can get tactical with, without breaking the bank.

So, essentially, your market is the entire family of saiga-308 owners. Both for the tactical-minded and the fun-minded, a 20 rounder is a good investment, even at $45. Especially considering:

1) The extra money you pay for a FAL or other battle rifle that has cheaper magazines

2) The fact that these magazines will be NEW and possibly under warranty, whereas the FAL and other mags are surplus and old.

All in all, I hope they consider the market worth the investment. I will be waiting.

i would say that for the casual plinker, and shooters of differing disciplines, that 20 and 30 round mags for the 308 would be the best way to go. especially for 3 gun shooters. i would also try to find a way to make the followers either have a rear "lip" on them , or boat tail in the back, or somehow come up higher in the rear, to make them a true LSHO magazine. Everyone that i know of who has ever posted here asks about this , especially new posters, and i know most of the 'vet's here would love to make a mag that holds open last shot, their regular supply.

I don't know how others feel on this subject, but an open vent rib down the sides, for , among other things, visual round check, would be quite nice as well.

Thank you for asking us for our input, quite nice of you. Phil

If it werent for DaGroaners humorous message reply... that would have been another delete... but I will let that one slide... Good one, "D"! :lol:

to Indy; I dont know where Saiga girl is from , but she is scary close looking to my ex-girlfriend. Just don't tell me she was origionally from Mississippi, or I may need therapy.

They won't drive the price down. At full retail, the complete mag is a good bit less than the "maybe it works, maybe it doesn't" conversions. The replacement mag bodies will be half of the going conversion prices.

If Atlantic can get into the game, good on em! It is just more toys for the community. But it won't affect pricing once they do the production costs vs. the number of 308 Saigas that have been brought in so far vs. the guesstimated numbers people will buy for their guns. It is math, and the prices are extremely competitive as it is.

We are not really getting into the game to compete we just want to see Saiga 12 & .308 mags come to market weather we do it or PvtPyle , after waiting for other companys to do it and never following through we deciced to investigate the whole situatiuon.We would be glad to work with any firm producing these mags and we are sure the crew at FBMG will build a top notch product !!!! Atlantic Firearms ,llc

We are not really getting into the game to compete we just want to see Saiga 12 & .308 mags come to market weather we do it or PvtPyle , after waiting for other companys to do it and never following through we deciced to investigate the whole situatiuon.We would be glad to work with any firm producing these mags and we are sure the crew at FBMG will build a top notch product !!!! Atlantic Firearms ,llc

Hey the more mags available for my beloved big mouth Saigas sisters,S-12 and S-308 the better.They are like real they need multiple accessories.