So lots of people are worried about the 10rd mags.....

But what about the 8rd mags? If say someone were to get line drawings for those from the Russians and put them into a cad drawing to make here in the US, would anyone have a hissy fit about those? They would not be exactly the same, they would have a different set of ribs running down the side, not unlike the 20rd 308 mags.....

Anyway, does anyone see a problem there? Does anyone see a market for them in the $50 price range? Dont waste your time and ours with an "I'll take XX number!" post, just a simple comment on the market will do.

But what about the 8rd mags? If say someone were to get line drawings for those from the Russians and put them into a cad drawing to make here in the US, would anyone have a hissy fit about those? They would not be exactly the same, they would have a different set of ribs running down the side, not unlike the 20rd 308 mags.....

Anyway, does anyone see a problem there? Does anyone see a market for them in the $50 price range? Dont waste your time and ours with an "I'll take XX number!" post, just a simple comment on the market will do.

I prepaid on S-308 20 rounders and the S-12 10 rounders. I'd be just as happy to do the same on S-12 8 rounders if the 10 rounders aren't going to happen. Whatever it takes.

I imagine that most would agree with me that whoever gets out the high caps first in sufficient quantity will sell a bunch, whether 10 or 8 rounds. People are just tired of payig $100+ for overseas mags. US made mags would be so much better anyway with faster shipping, lower price, and parts for 922r compliance.

I'll take 20 of these .... J/K

If I understand your question, it is ...

Given a supply of 10 round mags, would folks be interested in 8 round mags for a few dollars yes.

I'm answering you as one who uses mine in competitions. I'm already set with a number of factory 8's, and have numerous 10 round mags on order.

I would buy a couple because I believe in supporting your type of efforts, but likely only 1 or 2.

Factors that would make me buy more .... 10 rounders are finicky (doubt it), 10 rounders are too bulky (doubt it, and I have factory 8's even if they occasionally are).

What would NOT be a factor is fear of being classified as a destructive device.

If someone was to start competing and your mags are available, I could imagine that they could sell better.

Also, I think you'll take a chunk of business from the factory 8 sellors (some will always want factory). In fact one poster said factory 8's are getting harder to find in Russia as they go to the new style mags. If Factory 8's dry up, that will elevate business.

I'm guessing that there is a huge chunk of owners that don't have 8's due to cost, or hassle, or ??? You'd be able to tap that market too.

Moore than you wanted, simple answer is in the 5th paragraph :)

Main problem will be competing with 10 round mags, IMO.

I would buy them over the ten rounders. I really don't like all that weight in the mag anyway. I would be especially interested if they were made from the factory spec drawing.

Edited by headshot
I imagine that most would agree with me that whoever gets out the high caps first in sufficient quantity will sell a bunch, whether 10 or 8 rounds. People are just tired of payig $100+ for overseas mags. US made mags would be so much better anyway with faster shipping, lower price, and parts for 922r compliance.

Yep.

This may be jumping the gun and sorry if it is, but would there be a pre order discout like the .308 mag IF this goes foreward?

Doug

I'd love to see some domestic 8rd mags on the Market.... The 10s would be nice, but I thinking they may end up extending too long and be a little cumbersome. I have several of the Russian 8rds as it is and am perfectly happy with them. How about making the 8rds and then a 2 rd extension for the people that will piss and moan...

In the $50 neighborhood you should sell a butt-load of them. Last four Ebay 8 rounders went for $150+. Somebody had the bright idea to list one for $189.00 plus shipping and insurance. 8 or 10 round is irrelevant to me as either works for my needs. Hope that answers your question.

well ,well , yes boys and girls, i am the guy who just this month bought (4) 8rd. mags from ebay. $600.00+ shipping and handing, o yes insurance. i got so sick of agp's one month, no sorry one more month ,that i could just puke. i know it is hard work don,t get me wrong. i would like to see action not words. plus the i got a secret thing is old too. :blues: so with that said , anyone who makes mags that are real, not internet fun and games. I WILL BUY! 10rd/ 8rd/ anything other then the sorry 5rds. :killer: ps. on ebay i am (ptm4ts) feel free to look me up and see for yourself.

Pvt Pyle,

Yes I would buy magazines from you, 8+1 are fine with me, Like I posted above right now I'm going to buy some mags as soon as I can find some. Like KMoore and some of the others here I use them in competition, unlike most of the other competitors I share them with my son, so I really need to break down and get some more mags as soon as I can. I figure we need at least 3 more 8 rd mags.

I would prefer the eight rounders to ten rounders because of the monopod effect when you have a longer magazine. Look at the 50 round magazines on the Galil rifles for example. I also prefer American made magazines over the Russian ones.

Let's keep the firearm related jobs here in the US.

Edited by uzitiger

The 10 rounders are preferred by USPSA three-gun shotgun competitors because the Saiga 12 automatically puts you into open class because it's a magazine-fed shotgun. Many shotgunners have extended magazine tubes that make their Remingtons and Benelli's hold 10 in the mag tube and one in the pipe for a maximum of 11 rounds in open class. In competition, having one or two extra rounds may mean the difference between winning or losing. If this wasn't the case, I would gladly just get the eight-rounders. It's not just about getting 10 rounders because I want 10 rounders. It's about the ability to load 10 plus 1 in USPSA competition.

Can't wait to see 'em. Yahoo!