So this begs the obvious ?

drum....drum....whats a drum????

oooooohhhh....you must mean a 'NLFD'. Yeah, uncle BATF doesnt think kindly to NLFDs in semi-auto shottys. I beleve knoxx had planned on making one a while back, but nothing came of it.

No you couldnt, unless the 86 ban goes away. It is a post-86 MG and it fires from an open bolt so you cant easily convert it to semiauto.

I would like to get some of those fragmentation grenade slugs though, those sound like awesome crowd pleasers. Nothing like killing 30 birds with one shot. The explosions would also be cool. I guess I'll have to make do with bird bombs.

Actually, has anyone done ballistic gel testing of bird bombs?

No you couldnt, unless the 86 ban goes away. It is a post-86 MG and it fires from an open bolt so you cant easily convert it to semiauto.

I would like to get some of those fragmentation grenade slugs though, those sound like awesome crowd pleasers. Nothing like killing 30 birds with one shot. The explosions would also be cool. I guess I'll have to make do with bird bombs.

Actually, has anyone done ballistic gel testing of bird bombs?

Tongue was in cheek but you could join the militiary and make that a demand of your enlistment. :ph34r:

...Who's making the 20 rd drum? :devil:

:rolleyes: Here we go again...

post-1293-1161361947.jpg

I would really like to make one...injection molded and everything. The last time a drum like that was made, Street Sweapers were classified as DD's.

So basically, I would very concerned that the fed would make the Saiga-12 a DD and stop importation of them once something like that was available.

That and you need serious demand to justify the tooling costs. Those saiga-12 10 round mags currently in testing cost lots of money to produce. 60,000.00 for the molds is probably just the initial down payment.

$59.00 per magazine.

about 15.00 in material costs (10.00 spring, pastic material, screws, assembly, etc).

1000 magazines x 59.00 = $59000

1000 x $15.00 = $15000

$59,000-$15,000= $44,000

So basically lets assume your dies or molds cost at the low end 60,000 to make..

After selling 1000 magazines you still have not covered your die costs and or made a profit.

Dont forget you have to pay the company producing your magazine/drum bodies.

I will be very interested to see if the magazine production pays off.

Ian

i really hope it pays off cause I didnt have an s12 when you did the pre order but i have one now and i reall hope to purchace 2 mags soon

...Who's making the 20 rd drum? :devil:

:rolleyes: Here we go again...

post-1293-1161361947.jpg

I would really like to make one...injection molded and everything. The last time a drum like that was made, Street Sweapers were classified as DD's.

So basically, I would very concerned that the fed would make the Saiga-12 a DD and stop importation of them once something like that was available.

That and you need serious demand to justify the tooling costs. Those saiga-12 10 round mags currently in testing cost lots of money to produce. 60,000.00 for the molds is probably just the initial down payment.

$59.00 per magazine.

about 15.00 in material costs (10.00 spring, pastic material, screws, assembly, etc).

1000 magazines x 59.00 = $59000

1000 x $15.00 = $15000

$59,000-$15,000= $44,000

So basically lets assume your dies or molds cost at the low end 60,000 to make..

After selling 1000 magazines you still have not covered your die costs and or made a profit.

Dont forget you have to pay the company producing your magazine/drum bodies.

I will be very interested to see if the magazine production pays off.

Ian

Ok I can't see cuz my contact are out And I'm prety drunk and about to get me a piece but a 20 rnd stickwould be a tootal mona pod but I like like it. id go with the 45 rounf mag i jjust mad for the 223. That's why some mofo needs to sekl me some 5 rounders so i cut an burn and stuff. did I say i'm about to score.

hahah right on doug! goddamn.

why is there noone taking the damn romanian gatling gun kits and putting s12's on them instead? a QUAD s12 gat? HAW HAW

(I know if tony sees this remark, he might have to do it)

the ten rounders are reality. soon.

dont you fuckers make any drums or 20 rounders. ill ban the entire forum if i have to then.

we will see what happens. you all that got into it with me know my stance. but its free world. go for it.

dont you fuckers make any drums or 20 rounders. ill ban the entire forum if i have to then.

Haha...

Lay down the law Bvamp! While I am not quite as emphatic, I do not want my guns to go DD on me. I am residenced in a county that won't let me own DDs, so I'd lose my Saiga(s) and in order to get it back I'd have to move, pay the increased cost of a restricted weapon (look at how streetsweeps upped in price when they went DD), and pay the DD tax stamp.

So please, if a drum is wanted that badly, personally convert a Knoxx. If y'all want 20rnd mags that badly, Franken-mag two 10s together. But whatever you do, just don't make it commercially available and it ought not be that big a deal.

Personally, I can't wait to get some 10s...and perhaps some franken-20s??? :angel:

Remember that the Russians took longer to design the S-12 magazine than an S-12.

My view is that at some point it's easier to design a whole new shotgun and keep the S-12 as it is. Make it in the US and even if it does become a DD you won't have import issues to worry about (which are not good for otherwise legal NFA weapons.)

I actually met a guy with a drum on his S12. Said he spent about 600$ in total, including buying a USAS12 drum. Looked novice, but it was still a drum.

Someday.

Guy has guts, not a cheap experiment.

BTW, there's a drum on gb if anyone has $950 laying around ....