Check out my totally custom .308!

I'm pretty proud of this :super: Here's a little list of what it's got ...

Duracoat Camo job done by me, 6-color using the Bulldog Arms Multi-Spec template. I think it turned out pretty fantastic! But I had plenty of airbrushing expreience before, so the job was pretty straightforward to me. Barrel was cut down to around 20", 4 flutes cut (under handguard as well), and Phantom flash hider from Copes put on - barrel work done by Ottocomp here in St Louis, a forum member works there. Trigger relocation was already done by Hesse when I bought the rifle, I did a trigger polish job on it. All 5 8 round magazines and the 2 20 rounders from FBMG are camo'd as well, I also camo'd a vertical front grip for use after I install a rail on the bottom of the handguard. The scope is a decent quality Bushnell 3x9 mildot, mount is a Belarus MTK-83. The front bipod is a cheap NC Star that actually works really well, it can also be rail mounted and will be once I put the rail on the handguard.

So, did I go too far with a Saiga? Maybe ... but this is a great shooting rifle! So what if it started out as a cheap beater, I like it as much as my PTR91.

Thanks for looking ... oh, and compliments to stroke my ego are much appreciated :lolol:

post-8867-1202925308_thumb.jpg

post-8867-1202925322_thumb.jpg

post-8867-1202925339_thumb.jpg

post-8867-1202925346_thumb.jpg

I think anybody would be proud of that rifle. That is a good looking rig and a great paint job. I was going to stick with an all black set up on my Saiga, but I think you just changed my mind. I love how you sparingly used the green and light tan.

I love the use of that stock. It really make it a nice package. I actually have a US made stock & pistol grip sitting around, but I think you have swayed me to get one of those. I have always wanted a PSL rifle, but this is quite a bit nicer. Not to mention, you can get 20rd mags for it as well.

How much did the barrel work run you? Do you have any contact info on them? Is the barrel threaded 14x1mm LH? Did they turn the barrel down to thread it? If so, did they remove the barrel?

I think anybody would be proud of that rifle. That is a good looking rig and a great paint job. I was going to stick with an all black set up on my Saiga, but I think you just changed my mind. I love how you sparingly used the green and light tan.

I love the use of that stock. It really make it a nice package. I actually have a US made stock & pistol grip sitting around, but I think you have swayed me to get one of those. I have always wanted a PSL rifle, but this is quite a bit nicer. Not to mention, you can get 20rd mags for it as well.

How much did the barrel work run you? Do you have any contact info on them? Is the barrel threaded 14x1mm LH? Did they turn the barrel down to thread it? If so, did they remove the barrel?

Thanks man! Yea, just a touch of the green and stone was the plan. For the most part I tried to keep the color scheme low-contrast. I did a lot of light dusting of color too, to smooth the edges of shapes and further decrease the contrast.

I went back and forth for a long time on what stock/grip to use. In the end I decided I like the grip and cheek weld of this one best, ergonomics to each individual user is all that matters. 99% of it's use will be with scope, so that's how I made my decision.

Tritium is the forum member who works at Ottocomp, his name is Doc if you want to talk to him - Otto is the owners name. Their number is (314) 638-3327, they're in St Louis. I'll let you call if interested and get your own quote instead of saying how much I paid. It is threaded 14x1 LH, not sure what you mean by turning the barrel down. They didn't have to remove the barrel, I just dropped off the barrel/receiver assembly and he was able to do all the work still assembled. So the flutes start just forward of the receiver, then stop right behind and in front of the gas block. It is much lighter and easier to manuver, I thought it was a bit front-heavy before which is why I had the work done. That Phantom flash hider/compensator works really well by the way - recoil is much lighter now even with the lighter barrel.

bad ass sweet build love the barell now if it was just in marine digital and it belonged to me thats i think the only thing that would make it better

Thanks bro, being in Missouri multi-cam is the way to go ... and all my clothes are multi-cam. I'm thinking about doing a digital scheme on one of my AR's.

VERY SEXY!!! :wub: Me likes! With those flutes I bet it is a lot lighter. Damn I may have to look into getting a new milling bit for that!

Sweet paintjob too bro!

+1 on that gunshop too. I've seen some other really nice work come out of there. :super:

VERY SEXY!!! :wub: Me likes! With those flutes I bet it is a lot lighter. Damn I may have to look into getting a new milling bit for that!

Sweet paintjob too bro!

+1 on that gunshop too. I've seen some other really nice work come out of there. :super:

Yea, with a 20" barrel and flutes it feels much better. Ottocomp did do great work, I'm lucky to have the close by!

BTW, Otto said after measuring the barrel that 4 flutes is what he advised, for safety. The barrel isn't super thick he says, but it is a bit thicker under the handguard.

Cream, Cream, Cream.....how does she shoot?

Well, about like before with a bit less recoil ... I didn't do much range work with it before, but it was around a 2-3moa gun with SA surplus, 1moa with match stuff. And it seems from one extended range trip to be about the same now. It's just a lot sexier doing it :super:

Cream, Cream, Cream.....how does she shoot?

Well, about like before with a bit less recoil ... I didn't do much range work with it before, but it was around a 2-3moa gun with SA surplus, 1moa with match stuff. And it seems from one extended range trip to be about the same now. It's just a lot sexier doing it :super:

your cammo job looks good , i would like to know what load data or factory match load that was used to get 1 moa?

Thanks TS2