What was the lowest price you ever bought gas for?

In 1968 I used to get gas for 17.9 at a Hesse station across from Andrews AFB, they were off the main road and this was their regular price. Used to put 25 cents in the old mans Rambler and go crusing! It got 40 mpg.

In 1990 - I put 22 cent a gal in my Hummv in Saudi Arabia - and it was premium (99 octane), Does that count...? Beyond that, I remember fondly the days of .75 cent a gallon gas and being stingy with it... Now - I make Scruge look like mother Teresa....

Macbeau sends... :sadam:

Well I started driving in '85... I dont recall what the prices were... but I DO recall minimum wage was less than 3 bucks an hour, and thats what I made... and gas seemed pretty cheap to me... in my little Ford Fiesta...

now that I make almost $20.00 an hour... and gas is 1/5th of that.... If it was 1/5th of 3.00... and about $.60 cents a gallon... I guess nothing has changed for me...

Except my perception of how much it costs...

Not that I like it at $4.00 a gallon... but until every American grows a set and decides to stop buying it till it gets cheaper, we are all slaves to the pump... sheeple to slaughter....

:smoke:

I can't give an exact year. I think it was maybe '70. I remember seeing a sign at a gas station we stopped at that had gas at $.33 a gallon. It could have been before that. We spent alot of time traveling around in our camper when I was little. I'm thinking this was when we lived in CO but it could have been before that. I'm just sure of the price, not the year. I'll check with my folks tomorrow and let you know.

I remember paying .35 a gallon when I mowed lawns as a kid.

Fuel is $10.03 a gallon in Europe right now. When it gets to $6.00 here I think you're going to see a fundamental shift in how things operate in this country, much less $10.00!!

OK, help me here. We moved to Rockville, MD when they had the gas lines with the odd/even days. When was that? We moved to Rockville from Denver. Might help me figure the year.

And when I started to drive in '80, if I remember correctly, $5 would give me a half a tank. Sound about right?

OK, help me here. We moved to Rockville, MD when they had the gas lines with the odd/even days. When was that?

Think the gas lines were 1973 or 74.

That lines up with when I thought we moved. Thanx.

April 13, 1996. First fillup on the Caddy (1st hoopty). .89/gal. It went up to .99 before the next tank, and obviously hasn't stopped. Somehow I'm now dropping $89/week to feed the Hemi. That's 18 bucks less than my paychecks were in those days. Funny.

:ded::ded:

39 cent a gallon!

I was gassing up my 1969 Mustang Fastback with a transplanted 460 P.I. in it. I had blown the 351 Windsor. It was the 70's man! :up:

Edited by Azrial
OK, help me here. We moved to Rockville, MD when they had the gas lines with the odd/even days. When was that? We moved to Rockville from Denver. Might help me figure the year.

And when I started to drive in '80, if I remember correctly, $5 would give me a half a tank. Sound about right?

Hey!...i lived in Rockville as well....1976-79.......i was 8 when we moved away.....so no driving for me at that time.

Lowest i recall was about 87 cents in about 1998 i would say....sometime around then, we had gas just silly cheap for about 2 months........

Yesterday am was $3.93 a gal when got home, it was $4.20.....7% jump in 8 hours......someone tell me that aint just gouging!!!!

oh yeah...i'm in Milwaukee NOT LA or some other major metropolitan area.......we have to use the expensive reformulated gas because our air is polluted (never mind that the wind often is blowing Shitcago's pollution up to us.....)

Hey!...i lived in Rockville as well....1976-79.......i was 8 when we moved away.....so no driving for me at that time.

I believe I lived there from 73-75. My Dad worked for IBM. I've Been Moved. :)

I guess one of the good things about being old is that you can win contests like this. 1961, independent station on Natural Bridge Rd in St. Louis county - $.17 a gallon.

Yep Us OF's win this round. 1960 Tulsa Okla. Phillips "66" station. Corner of 193rd st and Admiral $.10 a gallon

I believe I lived there from 73-75. My Dad worked for IBM. I've Been Moved. :)

hehe I work for IBM now...no more moving :D

I remember gas at around $1.50 in 1996 here in Atlanta. My 1968 Ford Galaxy XL had a 360 with a nice 650 holley on it. If I remember correctly, I was lucky to get 10 mpg. I had to deploy air brakes and stick feet through floor boards to get the drum brakes to slow that beast down within a mile.

Edited by Verlore Boer