Good news for Saiga 12 owners, we may be getting some steel mags!

Their plastic magblock is a massive piece of crap though.

The first thing I thought when I read the OP, was "Well I hope they make the mags better than their magblock."

I'm all for new Saiga-specific products. Of course, I will be one of the guys who waits for a crap-ton of people to buy them, and see if they're any good or not, before I buy. (Unless they're priced right)

One company I would by an S12 mag from, from the first batch, with no hesitation whatsoever, whether polymer or steel...........Magpul!

<---Magpul fanboy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l_076870c85bfc4976a8e9d4e89525caa1.jpg

The far shooter is a longtime friend of mine with my S-12 using my gen 2 AGP mags. I can't say i have fired 3" mags through them in the cold like this, but 2 3/4" Slugs and 00 buck are A-Okay! I wish i was able to test my AGPs and ProMags in the cold with 3". I should probably grab some surefire 8s or 10s to check too, but if these things DO start going down from 3" magnums its going to get really expensive for me real quick. Still why the big push for 3" magnums anyway?

I don't stop playing when the weather gets bad. Sorry for the crappy pic though, this is off my cell phone.

If they are going to the trouble to make a steel mag, why not develop a 10 or 12 round mag. 3 Gun shooters need them. an 8 round would be a handicap.

Gun Racers have plenty of impractical shit to choose from already,let them make something practical that isn't a potato digging monopod for shooting over barricades and going prone if needed.

I have used the AGP mags,they sucked balls and I assume it's because they hold more than 8rds and any mag spring stout enough to push more than 8rds interferes with the operation of the gun hence the Russians only make 8rd mags,right?

If they are going to the trouble to make a steel mag, why not develop a 10 or 12 round mag. 3 Gun shooters need them. an 8 round would be a handicap.

Gun Racers have plenty of impractical shit to choose from already,let them make something practical that isn't a potato digging monopod for shooting over barricades and going prone if needed.

I have used the AGP mags,they sucked balls and I assume it's because they hold more than 8rds and any mag spring stout enough to push more than 8rds interferes with the operation of the gun hence the Russians only make 8rd mags,right?

I can respect your opinion on the AGPs, but as far as the russians intentions of making 8 round mags, maybe it had something more to do with the fact that 5 and 8 are the traditional capacities for sporting and tactical shotguns. That has been my opinion.

Well then! I guess ya told me didn't cha!? LOL!

:rolleyes:

You sir...are a perfect example of why I don't pay any attention to half the posts on this forum any more.

Get on out there and change the world then...dream on.

BTW I'm not an AR 15 person and I don't know jack shit about C mags. I didn't know they were stainless. I do know a hell of a lot about S-12 mags though and you are full of shit if you say they are all crap.

I do know about P MAGS though....Ain't dem da ones dat work so grate and everbody likes so much dese daze?

Oh....that must be because they are steel right? NOT!

Steel mag, no steel mag? Either way no big deal to me.

Criminalpoet I have no problem with any company stepping up to the plate and trying to offer a quality product for the Saiga! But, coming in here and stating that all competing products are crap and we need your pals at C-Products to finally make the Saiga a "a true functioning semi-auto shotgun that goes bang" is ridiculous. You are bragging about a product that does not exist from a company that has never made a Saiga product. It would be wise not to expect a lot of enthusiasm without at least a prototype to back up some of the hype.

Frankly you sound like you know a too much about C-Products for me to take your thread as much more then a clandestine advertisement to gage response. But good luck and I look forward to seeing something a little more concrete!

Hmmm, I'm agreeing with Cobra and Azrial in the same thread... Sign of the Apocalypse? I think so. Seriously, I'm quite happy with the current mags, another option? Fine but I wouldn't rush out and buy it. Steel mags, I wanted that when I first started playing with them but I have faith in the plastic mags and really don't care at this point...

I've had good luck with the AGP's personally...

I can respect your opinion on the AGPs, but as far as the russians intentions of making 8 round mags, maybe it had something more to do with the fact that 5 and 8 are the traditional capacities for sporting and tactical shotguns. That has been my opinion.

It's also a nice size from an ergonomics point of view. The ten rounders are just a bit too big for my taste though I like the capacity, it just feels awkward...

It's also a nice size from an ergonomics point of view. The ten rounders are just a bit too big for my taste though I like the capacity, it just feels awkward...

You would probably also like the 20 rnd mags for the x39 saigas, but really you'll notice theres a lot more 30 rnd mags out there. Capacity can be your friend and something to work around. I really should get a surefire 8rnd to see if i prefer it also. Enough people have spoken highly of it on here already.

you guys would both probably be happy if cameron makes those 10 round drums.

You would probably also like the 20 rnd mags for the x39 saigas, but really you'll notice theres a lot more 30 rnd mags out there. Capacity can be your friend and something to work around. I really should get a surefire 8rnd to see if i prefer it also. Enough people have spoken highly of it on here already.

I think maybe Glocker trains a lot and if he's like me then any mag that still digs into the ground when you are in a high prone position is really kinda silly isn't it?

I think maybe Glocker trains a lot and if he's like me then any mag that still digs into the ground when you are in a high prone position is really kinda silly isn't it?

That's why they have factory 5 rd mags. If you can't be resourceful and get yourself some factory 8rdrs then get a Surefire 8, or cut down a 10 rd AGP. Bitching about potato diggers isn't helping anything. Just get some mag cinches from Buffertech, stick to your 5 rd mags and practice quick mag changes. Then you can go prone all you want.

Damn...this seals it...I'm picking the ball back up on the two or three rd extensions.

Best of both worlds...added capacity for a Russian factory made, 100% RELIABLE mag, with STEEL inserts, and you can also make yourself a tater digger if you have a Russian 8 rd mag, or even make your current US made tater digger dig a little deeper.... :smoke:

post-1293-1241529518_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1241529566_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1241529664_thumb.jpg

Damn...this seals it...I'm picking the ball back up on the two or three rd extensions.

About bloody time :haha: I'm first in line....soooooo we really gonna do this :unsure: cuz I gots me 10 5 rounders needen some snake fixin.

Best of both worlds...added capacity for a Russian factory made, 100% RELIABLE mag, with STEEL inserts, and you can also make yourself a tater digger if you have a Russian 8 rd mag, or even make your current US made tater digger dig a little deeper.... :smoke:

I like that.

Edited by hobbyshooter

I just wanted to add a couple of comments to this thread. I've had pretty good luck with my AGP mags, (I've got 3, but I only have used one. I assume the rest are good, maybe I should check them out).

Second, I hate when people say "what's the point of an 8 round mag, you can get that capacity out of a Mossberg pump." Sure, you can get 8 rounds in a pump, but what do you do when you have to reload? Can you just pop another 8 rounds into the magazine tube? Is there something these people know, that I don't, concerning reloading a pump shotgun?

That's why they have factory 5 rd mags. If you can't be resourceful and get yourself some factory 8rdrs then get a Surefire 8, or cut down a 10 rd AGP. Bitching about potato diggers isn't helping anything. Just get some mag cinches from Buffertech, stick to your 5 rd mags and practice quick mag changes. Then you can go prone all you want.

Ok,I'll bite

Do they increase the capacity by 3 rounds and do they work reliably and how much will they cost and when can you have some of them ready for me to buy?

Suffer SOPMOD...if I could answer those questions you would already have one...maybe...

Rest thy loins for a moment(no pics please) and take up the challenge(I double dog f#$ng dare you) and make a magazines extension worthy of SOPMOD's "Jewy McJewignton" Saiga-12 which by the way may be the oldest on on all of these Forums!!

Suffer SOPMOD...if I could answer those questions you would already have one...maybe...

Rest thy loins for a moment(no pics please) and take up the challenge(I double dog f#$ng dare you) and make a magazines extension worthy of SOPMOD's "Jewy McJewignton" Saiga-12 which by the way may be the oldest on on all of these Forums!!

OOOOWWWWWW he called ya out snake he called ya out !!!! :eek: Fight ! Fight ! lol it's your own fault snake ya opened your mouth and know ya gotta pony up :). Question are those extensions metal or plastic ?? can't tell in the pic, suppose it really don't anyhow just as long as they work...now were do I send the check to again :dollar: ??

OOOOWWWWWW he called ya out snake he called ya out !!!! :eek: Fight ! Fight ! lol it's your own fault snake ya opened your mouth and know ya gotta pony up :). Question are those extensions metal or plastic ?? can't tell in the pic, suppose it really don't anyhow just as long as they work...now were do I send the check to again :dollar: ??

I don't care if they are made of "Old Cheese" and spitwads as long as I can drop one on the deck without it spewing it's contents all over the known universe!

Good stuff, keep the price down and you've got a very solid market.

Another three more pages and we'll still all be waiting. Anything good that comes out may be a bonus. CP does make a good mag. The AR mags feed and drop free very well at a good price. The 9mm steel mags look soooo good because they work, unlike their biggest competitor in the market "Promag" that had a spreading feed lip issue that caused misfeeds. (anyone wants to find out for yourself, I've got three I'll sell you).

The biggest plus to the plastic mags that everyone seems to have missed is the inconsistancy of the S12 magwell dimensions. The plastic mags just shear to fit or can be trimmed, the steel mags are going to be an educated guess for the best size.

If they take this on I wish them good luck, but I bet it's going to be another long strange trip.........

I pretty much agree with most of what's been said here. Bottom line is, if you make a good product and stand behind it, people will probably buy it (assuming you're not charging 5 times what it's worth). I look forward to seeing if this can be pulled off this time. I hope it can.

Cobra,

I wondered if/when you'd do something with those. I'm not sure why, but your picture cut off the bottom of the mag extension. Here's the full picture where it's not cut off.

Corbin

WOW, I never thought this thread would cause sucha rukus lol... Either way, I'm not going to even bother responding to some of the stuff in here because it is total ignorance and ignorance deserves no attention what so ever... Point of the matter is, I am not happy with any of the current aftermarket production mags, will not put anymore of my hard earned money into them, wont put anymore of my time into modding them to get them to work, PERIOD! So I took the initiative and talked to someone who may be able to design a better mag not just for me, but for all of us who love these S-12's.... I sent a couple of mags out to C-Products today and we'll see what becomes of it......

A friend in Arms,

Jose from Albuquerque

Edited by criminalpoet
Well then! I guess ya told me didn't cha!? LOL!

:rolleyes:

You sir...are a perfect example of why I don't pay any attention to half the posts on this forum any more.

Get on out there and change the world then...dream on.

BTW I'm not an AR 15 person and I don't know jack shit about C mags. I didn't know they were stainless. I do know a hell of a lot about S-12 mags though and you are full of shit if you say they are all crap.

I do know about P MAGS though....Ain't dem da ones dat work so grate and everbody likes so much dese daze?

Oh....that must be because they are steel right? NOT!

Dude Cobra, he's got like 36 posts and he's been here for a whole three months, this guy obviously knows his shit! He's going to revolutionize the entire Saiga 12 market... oh wait, crap, the businesses which support this forum already did that, sorry guy you're a little late.

I've got one question for you... Where will these magazines be manufactured? If it is anywhere aside from the USA, I'm not interested! I read that Beta is out of Georgia, but no where does it say where his products are actually manufactured.

Per price, looking at all of the products Beta offers, they are pretty steep too; let's see for a drum $260-$340 ... How much is that MD Arms drum? Oh, it is the same price as their least expensive drum. I guess you couldn't be bothered with doing any actual research on your own.

Bring the product to market and people will buy it, that's how a free market works. Good products from good companies make money.

Come to this forum and slam the products sold by the business people who support the forum and act like a know-it-all, when you have pretty much no reputation... well, by doing this you've already tainted the market. You come off as an uninformed troll, so I'm much less likely to purchase from your buddy, if he ever decides to bring his product to market. When I get in the AR platform, which should be fairly soon, I'm now much less likely to purchase from Beta, good work I guess.

Try using search and see how many thread you get for steel mags or metal mags, this crap goes back for years, where are they?

Are they the same company? I was under the impression that c products had no affiliation with the beta c-mag

I'm not really sure why folks get so wound-up about this subject, but I have 3 observations:

1) Magazines are hard to make. Specifically, it's hard to make them consistantly reliable in production quantities. BUT...

2) The current aftermarket mags aren't as good as the Russian OEM's. AND...

3) Anyone who wants to bring a new product to market should be encouraged.

Quoted for preservation.

No backing out now!! :haha:

Seriously though, you've already got a loyal customer base, and surely, this would bring even more in. You'd satisfy a ton of people's needs/wants and make some money. I'd be in for a couple, for sure.

I have 6 AGPs and have had no problem with any of them other than they are just too damn big for serious social work. I'm cutting them down to 8rds.

That being said, the more products out there the better. Competition improves the breed.

WOW, I never thought this thread would cause sucha rukus lol...

A friend in Arms,

Jose from Albuquerque

Previously, anybody who has suggested that they are going to make a mag has either been scared off and didn't make one, or made one and was sorry.

Now you can see why.

Maybe you didn't hear me clearly.... I would love to have a steel mag. That doesn't mean it's suddenly ok to go off bashing all the existing poly mags. Mark's one of the ones who actually thought it through and realized the difference it will be trying to mod steel mags to fit the S-12 magwell.... There are differences between S-12s. It's not easy to just make one size fit all with these guns. More power to C-Products. I hope they do great. There are inconsistencies to consider though. Looking forward to seeing what might come of this.

As it's been said though, it's not cool to go on a forum and start bashing the vendors' products, especially with nothing better to bring to the table other than talk.