Just got back from hunting, bet these will cook up nice!!!

30 members have voted

1. 1. What should I cook with these

• Big Mac
    • Burrito
    • Tacos
    • Chili
    • Spam

Sure looks yummy to me :P

IMG_0753.jpg

Edit:

Revolver is a heritage arms .22 rough rider.

Rounds used are CCI .22lr rat shot, which I use to avoid holes in the roof more then for "shotgun effect".

Shots varied between contact and 10 feet. Every shot fired killed one rat, just had a few that I did not bother getting.

Edited by csspecs

I really like it. If I wanted one for target shooting instead of just plinking I'd buy the one with the adjustable target sights.

It has a safety, I guess some people don't like it but I like the light smooth trigger pull they have with this model (ruger uses a cross bar that makes for a heavier trigger) . I load it on all 6 cylinders, they say not to but it has a safety so why not? Seems to have a couple sharp edges but thats fine with me, I don't need everything foam padded.

It's a single action with a loading gate so shooting and reloading is a little slow, but I see it as a good way to save money on ammo.

And burger king came by and took them. So I guess I had the choices wrong... (I fed the vermin to the cats... They seemed to really enjoy them).

Edited by csspecs

Too bad you let them go. Rat tamales are always a treat, at least for those around here from the south.

I have a Ruger single six and a heritage arms 22. The Ruger does feel much more solid but when it comes to shooting, very little difference.

How do you like the revolver. I had thought about getting one for fun since they are a fraction of the cost of a Ruger.

I have an FE15 which near as I can figure is an earlier import of the same pistol. I got cheap, used and ugly so a coat of black krylon fixed it up good enough for me. It locked up on me once but popped the pin took care of that and it hasn't done it again. My only complaint is it is smaller than the Ruger Vaqueros I have. I bought the pistol for cheaper practice figuring the action and feel would be comparable. Close enough.

Now as far as the rat fixings I am down south and even reared amongst cajuns which have a justified reputation for eating just about anything and last I checked there are no rat recipes in the river road cookbook. If I had to make a suggestion a nice jambalaya is always good for little critters.

• 7 months later...

I live in downtown St. Louis. I killed a mouse recently with my trust old crossman pellet pistol. Was a lot like deer hunting. Just waited for him to step out in the open. Shot him right in the end of the nose at 10 feet. Not as much fun as rat hunting though.

I have an ex-bro in law whose dad took his mom to the dump to shoot rats on their first date......the were married 40 years till he died.....

I voted for the second most obvious... Tacos.

You left out the most obvious... Stir Fry...

Isn't that what you're supposed to use for that?

EDIT:

PETA

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Edited by Paulyski

Well they are grain fed, probably cleaner meat then you could buy in a store.. I know the cats love them, toss in a scrap of beef or chicken and they smell it and walk off.. I bring the rats over and they start hissing at each other and tear at the door to get the first one.

So I guess thats the taste test. Rat, better then beef and chicken.

I'd about kill to go rat hunting in a real infested area, Someplace where they are just pouring out of every seam would be awesome. Sad to say I have not seen one of the little guys in a few weeks now, I'm thinking about going to the pet store to restock the field with game :killer:

Edited by csspecs

There was a time when people ate rats and mice quite a bit. I have a nice Roman recipe for stuffed Dormouse on my computer right now. If the animal is healthy, I don't see a problem with it. Besides, rabbits are rodents and they are pretty tasty. That being said, if a rodent has scabies and/or other diseases then that would be disgusting.

Voted for the Chili.

That is a nice revolver.