:rolleyes: Like anything else, anything worth doing is worth doing right and it takes time to bring a product to fruition. Buying guns and gun parts as taught me patience, from NFA wait times to the wait for Mikes awesome drum to E-TAC wait time etc. and you don't even have money riding on the product. You should have gotten in on the Calico upper list.:ded: Honestly, it's still hard to wait sometimes, but I manage. Personally, sometime this year would be OK with me. If I'm not mistaken several people are working on LRBHOs, so it's coming. An update on the status of the project from any vendor would be cool, which is probably what you were expecting.

As far as the molot LRBHO goes, has anyone looked into it? It might not lend itself to adaptation to the Saiga, despite the visual similarity.

ETA: I see my name has been mentioned while I was typing the above response, I hope that's what was expected of me.

Edited by bigj480
:rolleyes: Like anything else, anything worth doing is worth doing right and it takes time to bring a product to fruition. Buying guns and gun parts as taught me patience, from NFA wait times to the wait for Mikes awesome drum to E-TAC wait time etc. and you don't even have money riding on the product. You should have gotten in on the Calico upper list.:ded: Honestly, it's still hard to wait sometimes, but I manage. Personally, sometime this year would be OK with me. If I'm not mistaken several people are working on LRBHOs, so it's coming. An update on the status of the project from any vendor would be cool, which is probably what you were expecting.

As far as the molot LRBHO goes, has anyone looked into it? It might not lend itself to adaptation to the Saiga, despite the visual similarity.

ETA: I see my name has been mentioned while I was typing the above response, I hope that's what was expected of me.

off topic but

what is the deal with the calico mac uppers?

off topic but

what is the deal with the calico mac uppers?

The 9mm upper is out for the M11 but not for the M10.

22 version is in ATF black hole: stuff goes in for approval and never comes out.

I finally got off the list and asked for a refund last week, almost 2 years to the day.

Yeah real funny. hahahah.... Just keep on laughing your way back farther and farther to the back of the line.... :rolleyes: A little support, rather than BS jokes and laughter would be taken MUCH BETTER!

It seems to me the closer I get to actually being able to market this thing, the more idiots want to find a quicker way to have one of their own. "I'll give my money to the first blablabla...." or "Hey has anyone thought of trying this instead?"

You guys have no idea how that sounds to someone who has spent as much time as I have on this project. If you think it's funny, or if you don't want to wait a couple more months (maybe...), then make your own damn LRBHO.

Mine will still be better. :blues:

Well there was one out there and may still be available but as I recall it required a bit of receiver work and modification to mags. I'll buy the first LRBHO that is well engineered requires minimal to no cutting and drilling and does not require much mag modification. Not sure if that is asking too much. We'll see when one comes out if the demand is there for one but I will buy one.

Yeah real funny. hahahah.... Just keep on laughing your way back farther and farther to the back of the line.... :rolleyes: A little support, rather than BS jokes and laughter would be taken MUCH BETTER!

RAH, RAH Sis BOOM BA,

COBRA'S BOLT HOLD OPEN WILL BE THE BEST BY FAR!!

Top of the list please, Thanks :haha::haha::haha:

It seems to me the closer I get to actually being able to market this thing, the more idiots want to find a quicker way to have one of their own. "I'll give my money to the first blablabla...." or "Hey has anyone thought of trying this instead?"

You guys have no idea how that sounds to someone who has spent as much time as I have on this project. If you think it's funny, or if you don't want to wait a couple more months (maybe...), then make your own damn LRBHO.

When I posted this thread I did not know you were still working on this project. I wanted to know if anyone was working on it at all.

After reading your two PMs to me and this post, were you say "Just keep on laughing your way back farther and farther to the back of the line....".

I say to you " TAKE ME OFF YOUR MAILING LIST, I WOULD NOT AND WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU AGAIN... You take things to personal and then have a hissy fit like a two year old baby....

To prove my point I am sure you will reply to this post with a 2 page rant like you always do.

I think its a pretty fair question to ask. If you're not on here daily like some of us, one might wonder about the current status of the LRBHO, considering its been in the works for quite some time.

Bf2rules141: I believe the part about "Just keep on laughing your way back farther and farther to the back of the line...." was a friendly jab at SaigaNoobie and not a direct insult to you. Relax, its only the internet.

Cobra: You know all us longtime members are with you on this one, I don't think you should feel threatened by someone else pushing for a similar product. You've got plenty of support here.

Let's just say it's been a very long road and I have been met with way too much negativity over the long run. I have reached a point where I've simply had enough poking and prodding and everything else. I get PMs about it daily....

Back when I was fielding all the irate posts and PMs from Mike D's unhappy impatient customers, that didn't help things one bit either. That's something else a lot of these newer guys know nothing about. Having been shown almost zero appreciation from "certain people" for all I did for that cause, only made me more bitter about it. Nuff said...

bf2 I'm sorry for jumping on you like I did. Like I tried to tell you, I was really hot when I contacted you and tried to explain just why I got so irritated. I should not have even responded at all until today. I am sorry. You said you thought I had given up on it. If I ever said anything like that in public it was probably because of another thread, just like this one, had gotten me so flabbergasted. If I lose your business over it then that will just have to be my loss.

Im one the guys who slid in the Saiga world and caught the 2nd wave of drums.So I was not around to see a lot of the hard work that was put into it.

LRBHO???? I personally have no use for it...I even had my BHO hole sealed....but there are a couple of your products/services I will be using in the future so let the small shit slide Cobra....A LOT of people value your input and craftsmanship

I think it's safe to say that all us Saiga guys appreciate the gunsmiths, manufacturers and tweakers that are sticking with the Saiga and pushing to get us parts and accessories that we should have access to already (mostly) if it weren't for our gun laws laws. I can imagine how crazy things have gotten with all the noobs and nuts crawling out of the woodwork.

warfield armory made one but i think they went out of business mike d has one in one of his saiga along with a bolt release he made try talking to him

I have one of the Warfield Armory units also, but haven't yet decided what to do with it.

I was waiting to see Cobras, as his is supposed to not require magazine mods.

Too busy now to mess with it, it's just sitting in its envelope.

I had one of my own design, simpler than Warfields, it automatically activated the factory BHO, with the same mag mods as Warfields. It's been working in 2 guns for about 9 months now. Was going to add it to my new gun, make it 3 guns, but it didn't fit with the spring for the Garand safety. I'd have to do one like Warfields, replace the factory BHO. Did put in the bolt release mod to the BHO, you can drop the bolt with your finger now instead of racking it loose.

Too much other, more pressing things right now to worry about the LRBHO.

Won't the vepr molot LRBHO work or at least be able to be modified to work in the saiga and then copied???

It seems to me the closer I get to actually being able to market this thing, the more idiots want to find a quicker way to have one of their own. "I'll give my money to the first blablabla...." or "Hey has anyone thought of trying this instead? "

I am pretty sure that the idiot remark was meant for me so, allow me to retort by saying, "screw you Garter Snake!!!!" I was recently intrigued by the saiga 12's, so looked for information on the net, which lead me here, and I have been here 2 weeks, SO, I would have no clue who you are, what kind of project you have going on, how long you have been working on it, how many emails you get, or would I give a shit...It was an idea that came to me as I was reading about this gun and figured i would share what i had thought might work...So before you go calling people idiots, maybe you should act a bit more professional, and alot less unstable... have a great day...

nah that wasnt a remark at you, the other guy.

I didnt even recall the Molots bolt catch locked on the last round. sure, it should work if you copy it close enough. send me a diagram and i might make you one if i get bored.

Otherwise, Cobra has a promising product he is trying to get manufatured en mass, and we can have more than one, for everyone.

Edited by ReverendFranz