Battle-ready shotgun... LOL

It is at the current bid price due to a lot of shill bidding. Notice that one guy has placed several bids, all on June 7, and the last bid falling just short of the reserve. Also, he has a whopping 1 rating for past bidding.

So, it makes it appear that the shotgun has a lot of interest in the Gunbroker community and that it is worth at least $1,375.00.

I hate that crap.

That's my build, Bitches!!!! :nonono:

Nah, I'm just kiddin'! :lolol:

I've seen his "Builds" before, he advertised a Saiga-410 the other day, just an ordinary 410 with a aftermarket stock, non-converted and it was somewhere between $800 to $900 if I remember right.....

I recognized his guns because he uses the same background on his other stuff :lolol:

He still hasn't answered my email about what parts make him 922r compliant....

He probably started one one of the 5-10 "is my gun compliant" threads we will get today......

???? While I agree that the seller is a complete wack for selling a non-converted gun as "battle ready" (and hopefully there is a special place in hell for shill bidders), I am a little confused as to why 922R is an issue. A stock Saiga 12 has 13 parts. The Surefire Mag is listed pretty much every-where as US Made and thus 3 parts. As such, you can swap out the Russian mag or the Surefire interchangably with no violation of 922R as long as there are no "added" parts like pistol grip or flash hider (and from the picture there are not any). This is no different than being able to put an MD20 drum on a stock S12 and it still being legal.

Am I missing something?

???? While I agree that the seller is a complete wack for selling a non-converted gun as "battle ready" (and hopefully there is a special place in hell for shill bidders), I am a little confused as to why 922R is an issue. A stock Saiga 12 has 13 parts. The Surefire Mag is listed pretty much every-where as US Made and thus 3 parts. As such, you can swap out the Russian mag or the Surefire interchangably with no violation of 922R as long as there are no "added" parts like pistol grip or flash hider (and from the picture there are not any). This is no different than being able to put an MD20 drum on a stock S12 and it still being legal.

Am I missing something?

No, a stock Saiga 12 typically has 15 parts (unless the barrel is not threaded, in which case it would be 14, but his IS threaded). Here is a good web page for you.

You can uncheck "pistol grip" to get the base count down from 16 to 15 as the Saiga does NOT get imported with one.

From the pictures, the only visible 922r compliant part is the new forearm. That's 1 part, dropping the count to 14. If you plug in the high-cap mag that he is hawking with the gun, that is 3 parts, dropping the total to 11. That spells I-L-L-E-G-A-L in the 922r compliance book. Of course, the only reason that 922r even comes into play with this particular Saiga is BECAUSE he is offering the high-cap mag. If he weren't, the gun would be fine. However, he is setting up any future buyer to be illegal due to the mag he is selling with the gun.

Edited by TR Young
No, a stock Saiga 12 typically has 15 parts (unless the barrel is not threaded, in which case it would be 14, but his IS threaded).

A stock Saiga shotgun w/o a threaded muzzle has 13 countable parts.

A stock Saiga shotgun with a threaded muzzle has 14 countable parts.

A stock Saiga rifle has 14 countable parts.

Where are you coming up with 15?

I have to wonder, he list it as having a TAPCO G2 FCG, yet its not converted... Hmmmm... Lets put a half decent FCG in it, and still use that shitty linkage.

That's like the proverbial casting of pearls before swine :rolleyes:

This Battle Ready Saiga 12 shotgun with 19" Barrel came out of our custom shop ready to run! We have just made a few of these, please call or email for availability. It comes with: Saiga Tactical Stock with adjustable cheek piece Saiga 12 Gauge Front Tri Rail System = 1 SGM Tactical - Rear Picatinny Rail Command Arms Verticle Grip Tapco G2 Trigger Group = 3 TRUGLO TG8350B Multi-Reticle/Dual Color Red Dot Sight HELLFIGHTER HX12- 6V-150 Lumen Tactical Light HELLFIGHTER Heavy Duty Rail Mount Surefire 12 Round Magazine = 3 Comes in original box with STD Factory 5 round magazine, cleaning gear, oil can and factory paperwork For more information vist our site: www.lucycreekarms.com
14 -7 = 7... Compliant.

Of course there is what some hold questionable, i.e. the possible issue of using mag parts to meet compliance, &, whether or not the thread protector is a Muzzle Attachment and constitutes a 15th part for compliance.

Chili, We several guns that have over 700 rounds through them with the TRUGLO sight and it works fine. As far as compliance we add the SureFire Front Handguard, Tapco G2 Trigger, American Thread Protector and Surefire Mags. More than Complient. Some of our guns also have Tapco Collapsible or Ace Folding stocks as well.

Lucy Creek Arms

7696 Hwy 281 North

Lampasas, TX 76550

512-525-5931

Tim Miller, Owner <a href="http://www.lucycreekarms.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.lucycreekarms.com Certified SIG-SAUER Armorer

Certified NRA Firearms Instructor

Certified Texas DPS CHL Instructor Class 3 NFA Dealer

"The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is bearing arms." -- General George S. Patton Jr. "FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!"

--Anonymous--

To: lucycreekarms.com <lucycreekarms@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2009 10:08:08 PM

Subject: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 130543788

A message has been sent to you by a user of GunBroker.com, please scroll

down to the MESSAGE FROM USER section below to read the text.

THE "FROM" NAME ON THIS EMAIL IS THE SENDING USER'S GUNBROKER.COM USERNAME.

REGARDING ITEM: 130543788 Saiga 12 Battle Ready Shotgun NIB

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewI...?Item=130543788

--- begin message ---

Do you really think that that TruGlo TG8350 is going to stand up to the

S12s recoil?

It is designed for use with crossbows.

Also, the way this firearm is currently configured, is it technically

illegal under 922r to insert the Surefire 12rnd mag?

So, you selling accessories for a "Battle Ready" shotgun (/me snickers)

that are wholly incompatible with, and illegal to operate the weapon with,

as sold.

I could care less that your price is outrageous, get what the suckers will

pay.

Sincerely,

Chile

Edited by ChileRelleno
No, a stock Saiga 12 typically has 15 parts (unless the barrel is not threaded, in which case it would be 14, but his IS threaded).

This is what I come up with. Correct me if I am mistaken please, because I thought I had it pretty well understood...

1 - Receiver

2 - Barrel

3 - Mounting Block

4 - Muzzle Attachment (with threaded barrelSaiga)

5 - Bolt

6 - Bolt Carrier

7 - Gas Piston

8 - Trigger

9 - Hammer

10 - Disconnector

11 - Butt Stock

12 - Forearm Handguard

13 - Mag body

14 - Follower

15 - Floorplate

This is what I come up with. Correct me if I am mistaken please, because I thought I had it pretty well understood...

1 - Receiver

2 - Barrel

3 - Mounting Block

4 - Muzzle Attachment (with threaded barrelSaiga)

5 - Bolt

6 - Bolt Carrier

7 - Gas Piston

8 - Trigger

9 - Hammer

10 - Disconnector

11 - Butt Stock

12 - Forearm Handguard

13 - Mag body

14 - Follower

15 - Floorplate

The exalted revenuers have decreed that Saiga shotguns do not have 'mounting blocks (aka barrel trunnions)'

14 parts in a Saiga rifle and a Saiga shotty w/threaded muzzle. 13 parts in a Saiga shotty with a non threaded muzzle

I thought that we had completely beat this subject to death 2+ years ago :deadhorse: . It looks like it keeps popping up on a regular basis :angry: . At that time the consensus was that a Saiga 12 had only 13 parts. There was no barrel trunnion and even though the barrel was threaded the "thread protector" on the Saiga was NOT a barrel attachment. I distinctly remember that the MD Arms website specifically said that a MD20 could be used interchangeably in a stock Saiga 12. I just checked the MD Arms website and the FAQ section has been changed from what it used to be but I am certain that it used to say that :unsure:

If all else fails I guess you could just a) remove the thread protector (if your belief is that the BATF interprets it as a barrel attachment), or B) add a Tromix shark brake and all would be good. All of my primary S12s are fully converted so mostly this is a mute point for me. However, I do have one unconverted 24" S12 that I lend to friends sometimes for "hunting and other purposes". I have also lent them my MD20 just for the fun of it with the full understanding that it was completely legal to use with the stock gun. I guess I will just throw on a Tromix or Chaos brake and not worry about it. But I have to admit that a S12 24" with Tromix SB and MD20 drum would probably be about as butt-ugly, un-gangly, and heavy as a shotty you could get without going completely mall-ninja :wacko:

The exalted revenuers have decreed that Saiga shotguns do not have 'mounting blocks (aka barrel trunnions)'

14 parts in a Saiga rifle and a Saiga shotty w/threaded muzzle. 13 parts in a Saiga shotty with a non threaded muzzle

Ah, I appreciate that! I didn't realize that the shotguns didn't have what is considered a barrel trunnion. Thanks, nalioth.