• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing. The fact that someone refers to a firearm as a toy or that a child is allowed to handle it unsupervised.

They are both disturbing.

Gimme a fucking break...

I sometimes refer to my firearms as toys and consider range time as playtime.

That said, I practice safety like a religion.

And just where the fuck does it say the child was unsupervised? It doesn't.

Now go slam a shooter of Milk of Magnesia, and loosen up a bit.

Hey folks.

Just got my Saiga 12 folder in today, and was shocked to see how loose and cheesy the ACE folding mechanism was. This evening, I was showing off my new toy during a small family bbq, and my son, not knowing anything about the folding stock, tried to fold out the stock without pushing the POS button, (little guy, little effort. YOU KNOW) and it broke in two places. I could see anyone easily busting this terribly made product.

I will send this crap back to ACE demanding a refund.

ACE SUCKS ASS! :killer:

What a hasty conclusion. Did you ever think to call them and see if you got a bad part?

I have had nothing but extraordinary service from them.

Can we move, or other wise get rid of this thread please?

If that does happen, I fully expect to see it replaced with a brand new thread that says:

Trangerstx purchased the pushbutton folding hinge from ACE Ltd, and stated he was sorely disappointed with the fit and quality of the part, and was shocked how "loose and cheesy" it was for the price. On further inspection, his small child tried to unfold the stock without first pushing the button, and the hinge mechanism broke in two places. He was very disappointed with this product and has stated that he will be requesting a full refund.

Followed by other members posting either their own good or bad experiences with that companies products.

This isnt some pansy ass gun mag were we are only allowed to host glowingly positive (to the point of falsity and absurdity) reviews of products, and while i don't agree at all with the OP's title, as their non pushbutton hinge is of the highest quality, as are their stocks, and many of the other ACE products I own, this isnt the first problem ive heard of with this new pushbutton hinge, and if there is a potential problem with a product, members of this forum deserve to know what those might be. Please dont take this forum down that path, or it will end up being just like those gun rags, usefull only for looking at pictures and lining birdcages.

We are adults here, we can handle the truth. I for one would have posted nearly the same thing, but calmly, after asking for my refund and adding in my experience with their customer service department, even if they made it good. Posting angrily before trying to fix a situation doesn't help anyone, but even good customer service cant replace quality products, and members of this forum expect guidance from others in trying to find the best products from the best companies. For what its worth, I would make the same review of a forum vendor's products, if they failed to hold up to my expectations of reliability as well. Some of these things arent just "toys" and many members rely on the parts on their guns for personal safety.

~My two tenths of a dollar which is only worth 5% of what it was the year the Federal Reserve Act was passed.

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing. The fact that someone refers to a firearm as a toy or that a child is allowed to handle it unsupervised.

Gimme a fucking break...

If the child was being supervised, why was he not stopped when he attempted to unfold the stock without pressing the button?

Gimme a fucking break...

My "unsupervised" nieces and future White Trash Goddesses...

5320_1087079862166_1381519105_30192128_1819572_n.jpg

NOTHING more UN P.C. than 2 cute little girls with guns and candy smokes!!

If you start them young and teach them right... safety will simply 'be"....

The older one is a range Nazi... won't let anyone shoot without glasses/ears on...

she was doing squib drills on her 10/22 at the last shoot.....

Tap Roll Rack!!!

the younger one is still on airsoft and supervised with .22..

Everyone knows Ford sucks, let's not get silly.

:rolleyes:

I GOT THEM ON THE PHONE, THEY'LL BE RIGHT OVER!

post-7166-1248204977_thumb.jpg

Sometimes when you buy a product, there are issues with the product, good companies post their contact information, so you can talk to them about getting a refund or replacement. If you were to say buy a a brand new Ford truck and the transmission fell out, would it be fair to goto a message board and bitch and whine about how Ford sucks without contacting the dealer or manufacturer first? Grow up and go whine to your mommie, maybe she wants to hear it.

Can this thread goto fight club yet?

If the child was being supervised, why was he not stopped when he attempted to unfold the stock without pressing the button?
It takes a mere second for a kid to try to unfold the stock improperly, so unless your hovering like possessed Tinkerbell, with your hands on/practically on theirs, g'luck with stopping every improper action.

Shit, even a harsh verbal command to stop, doesn't always halt a child's follow thru on action already in progress.

The OPs anecdote doesn't tell whether the child was supervised or not, don't embellish in such a manner.

Your obviously just looking to slam the OP for more, atop what was a noobs infraction of this site's preferred posting etiquette.

What can be surmised from the story, is that the child was likely not properly instructed and drilled in the firearm's basic operations before handling.

Living in "Chevy Country" (Flint, MI), I can tell you that a TON of retired GM workers are so disgusted with GM that they're trading in their vehicles for Fords. As my future in-laws say (who are both retired GM), "The only one of the Big 3 that refused a government hand out (Ford) is now having to compete with government subsidized companies."

Corbin

Everyone knows Ford sucks, let's not get silly.

:rolleyes:

My "unsupervised" nieces and future White Trash Goddesses...

5320_1087079862166_1381519105_30192128_1819572_n.jpg

NOTHING more UN P.C. than 2 cute little girls with guns and candy smokes!!

If you start them young and teach them right... safety will simply 'be"....

The older one is a range Nazi... won't let anyone shoot without glasses/ears on...

she was doing squib drills on her 10/22 at the last shoot.....

Tap Roll Rack!!!

the younger one is still on airsoft and supervised with .22..

Looks like the younger needs a Safety refresher course :devil: Trigger Control, never put your finger on the trigger until your sighted on target and ready to shoot.
Looks like the younger needs a Safety refresher course :devil: Trigger Control, never put your finger on the trigger until your sighted on target and ready to shoot.

Thanks mom!

Thanks mom!

"If you start them young and teach them right... safety will simply 'be"....

Uncle Juggs must be slacking :haha:

Thanks mom!

"If you start them young and teach them right... safety will simply 'be"....

Uncle Juggs must be slacking :haha:

Pics can be deceiving as well....

her finger is bent up toward the slide and not on the trigger...

It takes a mere second for a kid to try to unfold the stock improperly, so unless your hovering like possessed Tinkerbell, with your hands on/practically on theirs, g'luck with stopping every improper action.

Shit, even a harsh verbal command to stop, doesn't always halt a child's follow thru on action already in progress.

The OPs anecdote doesn't tell whether the child was supervised or not, don't embellish in such a manner.

Your obviously just looking to slam the OP for more, atop what was a noobs infraction of this site's preferred posting etiquette.

What can be surmised from the story, is that the child was likely not properly instructed and drilled in the firearm's basic operations before handling.

You can read into it whatever you wish, I stand by my original post. A family BBQ is not the right environment for a child unfamiliar with a firearm to be handling it. There is just too much going on and too many people around in a situation such as that. It should be done one on one in the proper setting. I'm all for kids being taught how to handle firearms, I think it is important, it just needs to be done in the right place at the right time. This was neither.

You can read into it whatever you wish, I stand by my original post. A family BBQ is not the right environment for a child unfamiliar with a firearm to be handling it. There is just too much going on and too many people around in a situation such as that. It should be done one on one in the proper setting. I'm all for kids being taught how to handle firearms, I think it is important, it just needs to be done in the right place at the right time. This was neither.

So, in your opinion, what IS the right time and place?

Ideally at a range, but anywhere, where it is one on one. I can say for sure that it is not at a BBQ with a bunch of folks milling around, while trying to keep from burning the hamburgers and fetching aunt Flo another ice tea. They should be taught from day one that the handling of firearms is a serious responsibility, not to be taken lightly.

I wanna see what a 2,000 dollar plus Saiga looks like before somebody whisks this guy away in the Waaaaaa :cryss: aaambulance...lol.

Free speech....public bulletin boards...bla bla bla....dude it just ain't cool to go trashing any company like that on a public forum.

Next thing ya know he'll be posting pics of his $2,000+ AK with a tampon shoved up it's fixed buttstock cleaning kit hole.....in protest of all folding mechanisms... :rolleyes:

:haha:

My gun, parts,mags cost me as it sits now $1,897 without shipping.

600 s12

85 tromix brake

85 krebs

75 sgm forearm

20 cobra heat shield

20 vert grip

55 siaga tech trigger guard

20 tapco saw

45 msa adapter

65 ace stock

50 tromix g2 trigger

22 tromix charging handle

45 gunfixer

530 2 md drums

100 3 promags 10

15 sling

10 krebs retaing plate

55 xs 24/7 ar 15 post for krebs

And I don't even have a folding mech, gas puck or russin choke kit so I will for sure see over 2 stacks in mine and I did all my work myself.

I would not call it an investment , for me its an addiction.

Like everyone else said give ace a chance, they will replace your part.

It's not hard to rack up some serious bucks when you buy one of these shotguns. havok didn't even mention the price of replacement parts or cleaning supplies. Not to mention the cost of the ammo.Anybody that scoffs at a $2000 bill for running this shotgun doesn't get what the hell the true costs are. Even if you have cleaning stuff around for your other weapons and stuff, it is still a very expensive hobby. He also didn't mention any type of carrying case or gun safe. I have a few weapons, and kind of did a tally to see what the cost of replacement would be for insurance purposes, and if I elected to go with replacement cost, it would be fucking staggering. If you started from scratch and only had this one gun, plus replacement parts, plus add-ons, plus cleaning supplies, plus storage and carry system, plus ammo you would plainly see that $2K is a drop in the bucket. It is like anything else in life. There are a lot of "hidden costs". You ultimately have to decide for your self wether it is worth it or not. But don't give a fellow member shit for spending $2K - because you have done the same no matter how bad your adding skills are.

Edited by BronCobraJet

If you are referring to me 'scoffing'...please just save it. I've got many more thou$and$ wrapped up in my Saiga collection than I care to even count. I've built them all piece by piece and am well aware of what it can cost.

I just said I wanted to see it before the tears wash it away. I think it's totally unacceptable to attack a company like this, that is so well known and established in the industry....especially without actually speaking with them about the problem.

I had a beef with Ace years ago about their QC with some roll pins being missing from some stocks that were sold through another vendor. Had one come out resulting in minor damage to the gun. They made it right and even threw in a couple of extra goodies for me.

So what is wrong with expecting something to be made right when you buy it? Why should I have to get ahold of a company when something is wrong. Nothing should be wrong. It should work the first time everytime. There QC is not up to snuff if they can't get that before it goes out. Where I work you get one time to make a mistake, the second time you are dropped as a supplier.

So what is wrong with expecting something to be made right when you buy it?

That's what we all expect.

Why should I have to get ahold of a company when something is wrong. Nothing should be wrong. It should work the first time everytime.

This is the real world, and we are not talking about a heart valve here. Sometimes problems happen.

Where I work you get one time to make a mistake, the second time you are dropped as a supplier.

That, of course, is the right of the buyer.

So you're in business, what is the most effective way of dealing with a problem: Contact the supplier and work it out, or bad-mouth him to other potential customers?

So what is wrong with expecting something to be made right when you buy it? Why should I have to get ahold of a company when something is wrong. Nothing should be wrong. It should work the first time everytime. There QC is not up to snuff if they can't get that before it goes out. Where I work you get one time to make a mistake, the second time you are dropped as a supplier.

Dude you're dreaming. Wake up.